• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Skyward Sword Demo Be Released on the Wii Shop Channel?

Do you think this is necessary? I feel it would be convenient for many who can't make it to showings of the demos, and it would certainly increase hype. Those who have doubts about not buying the game, or who certainly aren't interested by what they've seen, could have a major change of heart when actually playing the game's demo. I doubt this will happen, but do you think it should? Operation Demo?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Has this ever been done before, with another gaming series? Yes, I'd go for such an idea. They could have a time trial on it, though, so that the people who uploaded it had the chance to explore for a bit before the limit elapsed. This would give people the opportunity to experience the game for themselves, deciding whether or not it is worth purchasing to them (it better be!). Also, it would attract a lot more attention to the Skyward Sword.

But for the negative side of it, some people could be content with simply replaying the levels given to them, likewise with the Wind Waker demo on the Special Edition disc for the GameCube. So sales would be cut down majorly, unless they put a price to the demo, which is to me a fair resolution to this offside.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Should one be released on the Shop Channel? Yes.
Could one be released on the Shop Channel? Yes.

Despite my answering yes, there are a number of reasons why this wouldn't be viable for Nintendo. The biggest one would be the lack of memory on the Wii. A demo of a series like Zelda would obviously take quite a LOT of space, and because the Wii is more on the lower side in regards to space and requirements thereof, a demo of Skyward Sword may eat a lot of peoples' SD Cards.

Don't get me wrong, I am a full advocater for SS demo. But I don't think it would be a viable choice as many people still lack SD cards and the flash memory available within the Wii is definitely not enough to hold a demo of a Zelda game.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I vocally supported this at one point (for it to be released as WiiWare for around $5), but I doubted it would occur then and doubt even more that it will occur at this point.

Very true, it would make money, but it doesn't seem Nintendo's style. Nintendo would probably be far more apt to making demos a reward for attending a convention.

But especially now, since we are so close to release, I guarantee you that this will not happen. It would have been cool back in June, but now it would seem unnecessary and a waste of time that could be spent on preparing release of the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom