• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Skyward Sword Be Moved to "Project Cafe"?

I've been pondering this question for a while, and I haven't been able to decide whether or not it would be a good decision or a terrible decision to move Skyward Sword to a launch title for "Project Cafe". The only major negative of this decision is the release date would be pushed back even further than it already has been, and it's already been pushed back long enough. However, there are a lot of positives to pushing it back, for both the consumer and Nintendo. Most importantly (for Nintendo), by making Skyward Sword a launch title for "Project Cafe", Nintendo's new system would sell far better than it did for the Nintendo 3DS, which certainly lacked a strong launch line-up. To avoid this error, Nintendo could make a brilliant marketing move and move Skyward Sword to their new system. Skyward Sword could also be played more, and would sell more if it were to be moved to Project Cafe. Right now it seems that Skyward Sword will be one of the last Nintendo games for the Wii, an already dying system. But by moving it to a new system, I think that Nintendo could sell more copies, and more people would play it for longer. Also, however rather less important, Skyward Sword would definitely be a more powerful game on "Project Cafe" - which is rumored to be stronger than the PS3 or Xbox 360 - and many people would love to see a more graphically beautiful Zelda game.

What does everyone think? Would you like Skyward Sword on the new system or would you prefer to keep it on the Wii?

I think they should just keep SS on Wii and make a new Zelda game for Project Cafe. The Wii needs SS for
it's final holiday sales, and porting it to Cafe is not going to get them more sales, at least I don't think so.
With it comes the downside of not having a Zelda game specially made for Project Cafe for at least another 4 years.
I think it's full of fail.

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
I think Cuju posted something in the Countdown to E3 thread that confirmed that it is staying on the Wii console. I do believe that it was a financial document, wich stated that Nintendo would still provide fans who don't want to upgrade imediatly (to 3DS or Cafe) with plenty of software, including Skyward Sword. I will post a Link when I find it.

Last edited:
Good on Nintendo. I would lose a lot of respect for them if they just through it on the new console. $50 for SS is going to be a major purchase for me, having to buy a new console on top of that would just tick me off. I am not made of money, I could not afford that right now. This game is being made specifically for the Wii anyways and I'm not the least bit concerned that it will change.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Wasn't there three or four topics on this already? Well anyway, I think it will be on both again. I hope it does. Because of health issues my body doesn't really agree too well with motion controls. So it'd be better for me.

Wasn't there three or four topics on this already? Well anyway, I think it will be on both again. I hope it does. Because of health issues my body doesn't really agree too well with motion controls. So it'd be better for me.

Errr...The game is built up around motion controls, every aspect of the game uses them. It's impossible to play without motion controls.
Even if it's ported to Project Cafe it'll still use motion controls.

Also, it's been confirmed to come out for Wii this year during an investors meeting last month.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well... people were saying the exact same things with Twilight Princess. That they'd "never port it to the Wii". That it was "impossible." And then Nintendo did it anyway. I wouldn't be so quick to assume it's impossible. Nintendo isn't really in the dark about its own actions. The development team would have known about the new console the whole time. What you are all assuming makes it impossible, is the amount of time it would take, they've probably already been on it for months now.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
If it was for on Project Cafe, I would be really mad. No only would that delay the game, I really don't want to buy a 400-500$ console. Though I am hoping and 79% sure they won't port it over, it is a bit of a possibility. I guess we will know at E3. I can't imagine this game being more delayed.

I would also imagine Nintendo would want a strong Zelda title for the Wii. If you think about it, Twilight Princess wasn't only for the Wii, so I doubt the would leave such a big franchise without a major title on their main console.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
NO. They most absolutely cannot. I will not allow that.

But, really. I doubt that they would do that. Nintendo possibly may move it up to Project Cafe eventually like they did with Twilight Princess and the Wii. I wouldn't be so sad if they had it on Project Cafe AND the Wii. Plus, a lot of people (including me) already pre-ordered for Skyward Sword. I don't think that Nintendo would delay it to be on Project Cafe with all of the pre-orders for SS on the Wii.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I hope not, I want SS now and not have to wait till 2012, plus i want a Zelda game build from the ground up on Project Cafe.

The graphical specs are too far off. With Project Cafe slated to be even more powerful than the PS3, it would seem an insult to the system to bring in a Zelda game built from the ground up for the Wii. At this point, Skyward Sword has been in development for five years. They would have to farthur delay its release, just as they did with Twilight Princess for the Wii, to fit this game into the realms of the new system.

In lieu of the way Nintendo disappointed fans by delaying Twilight Princess to headline the Wii, and the fact that this year is Zelda's 25th anniversary, I truly hope that they release Skyward Sword, as planned, choosing to use the time after release to begin development on a true HD Zelda game for the new system.

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
I think sadly it is possible if project cafe uses motion control but I still hope that it for the Wii

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
News from 03. June 2011:

Being held by Nintendo for this purchase According to our sources, Nintendo is actually holding The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword to use the title as a launch title for their new console. If true, the move should end up as one of the major factors that help sell the unit.

Of course, Nintendo needs a showcase title to help promote the new console. Nintendo still has plans to bring out a new Zelda title for its other platforms, as well.
Source: http://fudzilla.com/games/item/22961-zelda-skyward-sword-to-launch-title

Never heard of this site. So I don't know how solid the source is. But including IGN, it looks like it is more than just a rumour.
Anyway. In this case, what will happen to the Wii version? The games graphics looks already a bit outdated. These graphics can't be featured on a High Definition next Generation console. A simple Port would just be hilarious. They have to change everything. What's wrong with Nintendo these days? Well, the E3 will tell us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom