• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Prince of Persia be modernized again?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Video Games are constantly evolving to meet the demands of gamers. This decade of gaming, which is drawing to a close, has expanded the size of games, as well as the amount of content in them. As great as some of the video games from the previous decade were at the time they released, by this decade’s standard many of them would be much too small in many aspects. Some series from the past have been modernized, embracing large scale open worlds. Even Nintendo has finally done it with The Legend of Zelda. I think one popular series from the last decade that could be cool to see modernized would be Prince of Persia.

Prince of Persia is currently owned by Ubisoft, which has experience with open world games (Assassin’s Creed). In a way I guess one could say the Assassin’s Creed Series is sort of Prince of Persia’s successor since the games had similarities, like using athleticism to perform spectacular maneuvers. Still, I think Prince of Persia offers an interesting setting for an open world game. It might be cool to explore the Persian empire while it was at its peak.

What are you're thoughts? Does a modernization of Prince of Persia sound interesting to you?

Assassin's Creed was originally a Prince of Persia game but Ubi rebranded part way through production because things ended up too different from the original intent of a new PoP game.

Had they not stuck a new IP on it we could have had a new PoP game every year like we did for AC. You probably wouldn't be asking this then.

I really liked the PS2 PoP trilogy and I liked the ps3 game minus the dull as hell combat.

I wouldnt mind PoP coming back but i dont think we need it.

We still have AC and we're getting more and more games with enhanced movement options for quickly scrambling over terrain in style, which is what PoP was all about.

If they could think of something decent for it then i wouldn't mind but i dont think its an IP we desperately need back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom