• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Pink Link Become Canon?

Pink Link?

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
So we all know Link’s pink hair in A Link to the Past was an unintended graphical error or something, right? What would you feel if Nintendo were to make a new Zelda game where Link actually had pink hair on purpose?

I, for one, think that would make for a really neat design and I would love to see it happen. In this era where Nintendo is mixing things up for the series, it’s a small wish of mine to see this come about. What about the rest of you? Discuss your thoughts on Pink Link.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd like to see more final fantasy hair in Zelda so definitely lots of different colours and styles on the NPC's but personally I think Link should remain a blond haired, blue eyed male. I don't think they should mess with that in the canon. By all means add customization in game but the canon Link should remain as he normally is.

I'd like to see more final fantasy hair in Zelda so definitely lots of different colours and styles on the NPC's but personally I think Link should remain a blond haired, blue eyed male. I don't think they should mess with that in the canon. By all means add customization in game but the canon Link should remain as he normally is.

Yes it could be optional, like the dye shop in BotW, but definitely not canon.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Link canonically had brown hair in the first two games, so your perfect Aryan link isnt necessarily the only canon option ;)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
It'd be cool to see the pink hair again. I don't think I'd want that to become a staple for Link, I really like his modern design (pre-BoTW). But as an easter egg or a one off again would be a nice throwback. I think I'd prefer seeing it on a hand-held game.

Is he canon though, really?

All the art and promo material have him with brown hair, it was clear that brown hair was the intention.

Either way, i wouldnt mind if he had pink hair for a game. Look at the modern hipster style concept art for some of BotW. Had they gone that route then him having pink hair probably would have been the least of everyone's concerns.

Anyway, the dorks in Tri force Heroes have green, blue and red hair, the little rebels... and isnt there an actual NPC with pink hair in TFH anyway? I guess that is canon enough that people can have pink hair in Zelda's world so it wouldnt be completely outlandish for Link to have pink hair again, i guess. But to me he never had pink hair.

(I honestly thought it was the rim of his hat for the longest time)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Would be interesting, but I think it would be better as an optional part of the game, like in a dye shop, as said

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom