• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Should Ocarina of Time Been Rated Teen?

jugglaj91

I am me....
You have to realize that when games go to get rated they are given certain levels or areas to test out and base their rating on those. They do not play the entire game and give it a rating. So with that being said they were probably given Deku Tree, probably a Hyrule field to run around with, and maybe Forest Temple. Or something along those lines just to lay out the basic game and content.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Well I think it should keep its old rating. I mean just because it looks a bit more real doesn't mean a thing. But I also say that because I like blood and stuff because I'm dark emo. But just keep the old rating.....

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
The answer is NO. In Europe, OOT on MQ and Collector's Edition edition disc was rater 7+ by PEGI. But Virtual Console version is rated 12+. Why the game was re-rated? There wasn't any changes between these two versions. Even the 3DS version should be rated 7+ (possibly they will rate it 12+). Bad idea.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I think it's rating is fine. I played when I was a kid and I was okay with it. However I am glad they removed the Islamic chants because the game was being critisized because of it. I think it's funny that all N64 games were more for kids since they were no Halo, CoD, and shooting games.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
I think it's rating is fine. I played when I was a kid and I was okay with it. However I am glad they removed the Islamic chants because the game was being critisized because of it. I think it's funny that all N64 games were more for kids since they were no Halo, CoD, and shooting games.

yeah i see what your saying. Now all kid think about is those games that are rated T and M. I have a a kid in my class, and all he can think about is Halo. Its taking over his life. So we should have the new OoT at the same kid-friendly rating it was when it first came out.

JamesBond007 said:
The answer is NO. In Europe, OOT on MQ and Collector's Edition edition disc was rater 7+ by PEGI. But Virtual Console version is rated 12+. Why the game was re-rated? There wasn't any changes between these two versions. Even the 3DS version should be rated 7+ (possibly they will rate it 12+). Bad idea.

I doubt that the rating for oot 3ds will be 12+, since the graphics look more bright and cheery and in a way more childish than the original.

green goron said:
I think it's funny that all N64 games were more for kids

bad fur day, I'm just sayin' :bleh:

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
For everybody who is saying that OoT should have been rated E10+ lets remember, that there wasn't that rating back in 1998.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom