• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Remake Zelda Games More Often?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I dont see why remakes get hate...

The more remakes the better! However I do think that Nintendo should pace their releases so that they can strategically bring them out at thw right time and bring that shock factor to thw Zelda audience! Much like the Wind Waker remake did

With a lot of new gamers being introduced to the Nintendo market I thing it is only right that they get to experience the classics in order to understand how special Nintendo games are! Also a lot of new'ish fans may be reluctant to go out and spend a substantial amount for a 10 year old game Ect. So by having more remakes of Nintendo's classics would certainly not only bring attention and draw more money but it will build a bigger fanbase for some of Nintendo's flagship games!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
its a simple yes for me. im a lil upset that they chose WW first though concidering the generation that is currently playing zelda right now started with WW so i think its a lil early for that, however contradicting myself, i missed WW cuz i never owned a GameCube and thought it was too childish when i was in highschool. but since joining this forum all i hear is that its one of the best in the series, so i will be takeing advantage of the WW remake in full form.

but if they were gonna make such a big deal about it, i wish they would have went farther back, cuz my generation started with the first zelda and was hopeing they would pick one of the first three games to bring back..... maybe they are reluctant to make a 2D game into a 3D game. My opinion is that the only game that needs a full fledge remake, and i mean completely redone, is Adventures of Link, i hated that game as a kid after playin LoZ.

But all these remakes are exciteing and i will play them just to see the upgrade. but i wont be speachless till i get my ALttP remake. that game is the definition of my childhood, and really really really want a new reason to play it again. cuz speed runs and 100% runs are getting stale for me. sorry that wasnt such a short simple yes as i ment it to be but my mind got the best of me!

I don't think so. I think that they are doing remakes at a good pace. I would like to see more new games than older ones, but seeing remakes every once in a while is great.

LoZ is dieing, and I can't believe all it will be remembered for is all it's stupid remakes. They clearly have no idea what they're doing over there at Nintendo. :facepalm:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I'd really like to see Nintendo remake their games in general more often, not just Zelda. Of course, I'd rather have new games.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Its a bit of a toss up for me. I do enjoy the remakes, not only because of the refining touches in graphics and mechanics, but because it gives younger generations a chance to experience it. getting it back into the popular scene by putting it onto a more relevant system helps get the recognition back. That's why the big mega release of all the titles on Gamecube was such a good idea to me. I don't have an NES, nor will I ever, cuz those things are hard to find, and can be a bit pricey, but being able to play classic titles on systems that are newer is a good idea for the most part. I wish they would focus a little bit more on newer titles, but seeing how SS ended up, being amazing and all, I really cant say much. Overall, I encourage revamping. It keeps old titles relevant.

Kirino

Tatakae
LoZ is dieing, and I can't believe all it will be remembered for is all it's stupid remakes. They clearly have no idea what they're doing over there at Nintendo. :facepalm:

Dying? All recent/modern Zelda games get great reviews, make a ton of money, and are highly anticipated. Zelda U and Zelda 3DS are both on their way as well. How is Zelda dying?

Anyways, remakes are cool, but I'd much rather have them focus on pumping out new games. I don't want Nintendo wasting their time on remakes. As long as the remake is being developed by another studo though, then :wynaut:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!

In what world do you live in that the Legend Of Zelda series is dieing. You couldn't be more wrong. And if Nintendo has no clue what they are doing, why are they the only Console Developer/Publisher that is not in the red! huh?..... that's what I thought!

If the series were dieing this site would not have so many members and daily contributors. How many Games do you know that have a following like this, where there are multiple fan sites, and actual groups that are almost cult like in their following of the series. Haven't you heard they are releasing Hyrule Historia. What game do you play that has its own bible, other than maybe one of them RPG's and WOW is really the only one i can think of that comes close to the amount of commitment LoZ gets.

The games are getting better and looking better, whether people are receiving them as well at first like they did with OoT, they are still getting better, looking better, controlling better (gameplay controls and mechanics), and even if people aren't liking them as soon as they come out, they always return to it 3 to 6 years later like "OMG I don't remember this game being so amazing". The series wont be remember by its remakes, they will be remember for the games that were so great that they were demanded to be remade so we could play them on consoles they weren't formatted to play on! The name Legend of Zelda will always be known and renowned, as it already is, even people who don't play video games know the name Zelda, know what Link looks like, and know what the triforce is! so don't tell us it will be remembered for their "stupid remakes" they wont be remembered as a remake at all. Cuz if people never heard of the game they wont even know its a remake, and will remember its an amazing game that is exactly like the original game cuz its not like they called it "Ocarina of Time Remake"
Pay attention and learn your stuff before you go off making ******** comments!

As long as the remake is being developed by another studo though, then :wynaut:

This! exactly!

give the remakes to another studio that is competent and wont try to change it just make look better, and respect the IP. we could get more zelda games instead of the excruciating wait for new games we are used to. remakes would be a nice fix for zelda junkies without the unavoidable decline in quality due to the 10 month development schedule. we would get our Great Zelda games from the original creators at the expected quality and a fresh look at old games that we loved or (in the new generation of fans case) never got to play, while we wait on the NEW great Zelda Game! Capcom has already proven they are capable hand to make a LoZ game. I know they aren't doing so well since Inafune left (creator of Mega Man and lead producer of Minish Cap) but I still think they can pull it off!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom