• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Should Nintendo make an annoucement soon?

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I mean, The Wii U user base is so small it doesn't even matter if they don't have a Zelda game exclusive for NX. Because most Nintendo fans don't have a Wii U. Also that didn't stop TP raking in fans within their most successful console. Zelda U would be counted more or less as an NX title, much like TP with Wii, but it didn't screw fans who were expecting a new Zelda game on the GameCube.
Its funny because i feel the only people that have wii u are nintendo fans since most casual gamers will lean toward the more popular systems like xbox and playstation.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This is what I think:

I think there is a strong possibility that the game is going to be on the NX and not the Wii U. That's pretty noncommittal of me, I'm aware. "Strong possibility" means nothing, really. But what I mean to say is this:

(1) The game has already been delayed for an indefinite period of time; (2) We know the Wii U is doing its last lap. This could be the final year of the Wii U or we could be seeing the NX released early next year, but whatever the case, the Wii U's death warrant has been signed; (3) We know that the NX is going to be revealed/officially announced this year; (4) We know the Wii U has been a commercial failure in terms of market penetration; (5) We have a strong reason to believe that Nintendo is banking heavily on the success of the NX. Nintendo has a lot of money in the bank, but we can be sure that another commercial failure is something Nintendo simply can't afford.

Based on those facts and those assumptions, I think that it should not surprise anyone if Nintendo makes the announcement that the next The Legend of Zelda core game will bypass the floundering Wii U in lieu of the NX, and that the delay was a strategic move to make a game that can show off the NX.

This is assuming the NX is, at least in part, a home console—of which we still aren't 100% sure. A lot of this hypothesis rests on what the NX really is. Is it a hybrid? Is it a home console? We don't know with 100% certainty.

What I'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Yeah I do agree that if they want maximum profit it'd be better to apply this game to the NX, or maybe even try a dual release.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah I do agree that if they want maximum profit it'd be better to apply this game to the NX, or maybe even try a dual release.

Nintendos most loyal fans will have bought Wii U's. Not having it at least on the Wii U as well as the NX would be a big '**** you' from Nintendo to the loyalists they disappointed this generation.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Nintendos most loyal fans will have bought Wii U's. Not having it at least on the Wii U as well as the NX would be a big '**** you' from Nintendo to the loyalists they disappointed this generation.

I think that is a sentiment that has already been expressed by Nintendo to the Wii U userbase by abandoning the console prematurely and announcing the console's [potential] successor not even three years into the console's lifespan.

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo already gave me the shaft. I know my Wii U is a lame duck. I know that developers are not going to be putting anything new on there. I know that games that are supposed to come out this year may suffer from "we no longer care" syndrome from developers that know that new hardware is coming.

So what's to say they don't shove the shaft a little deeper?

D

Deleted member 81859

This thing definately needs a name.

Also, I need to see Zelda's design, if she's even present.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Absolutely. Keeping all this so secret subconsciously tells me, as a customer, that they aren't proud of this game, it's not worth showing off, and I am going to be disappointed with it.

We have a few possible scenarios.

1. Nintendo have a date set for a Direct and are waiting to announce it.
  2. Nintendo will announce more info at E3
  3. Zelda U (despite the evidence we have seen so far) is WiiU and NX and info about it will come later on.
  4. It's secretly been delayed again

They should do in febs direct if there wil be one in february. Or a month after Twilight Princess HD then the first month sales boost is passed by and it won't hurt TPHD sales. But in my opnion it should not matter, anyone who wants tphd gets it and anyone who only wants Zelda Wii U willjust wait or get both anyway.

We should have already known the title by now.

I have a feeling they're holding off on any information because they think when they finally do say something, we'll be jumping for joy like we came through a long tunnel, thus maximizing early reception. Everything looks cool when it's new, but even more so when it's been waited on.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
We should have already known the title by now.
Agreed.

I have a feeling they're holding off on any information because they think when they finally do say something, we'll be jumping for joy like we came through a long tunnel, thus maximizing early reception. Everything looks cool when it's new, but even more so when it's been waited on.
That might be true, but at this point getting hype back up would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom