• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Make a Darker Kirby Game?

The short answer is no. The long answer is NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO.
Kirby is the cute and cuddly puff ball that ****************, and requires you to get a doctor to pull it out.
It's like putting shotguns in Pokemon; it would contradict the series' appearance from the last few games.
Besides, how can you make Kirby dark to begin with?
All you can do to make Kirby dark while still having a Kirby game is making the textures more grainy, dark, and ugly, just like those FPS on the recent generation consoles. If you gave Kirby an actual knife that made enemies bleed, the game would not be Kirby. If you had King Dedede hanging people (which I think would be a cool thing), the game wouldn't be Kirby.
If you had gunfights, drunken barfights, chaotic battlefields, and a beelzebub cult, the game wouldn't be Kirby.

Hanyou

didn't build that
The short answer is no. The long answer is NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO.
Kirby is the cute and cuddly puff ball that ****************, and requires you to get a doctor to pull it out.
It's like putting shotguns in Pokemon; it would contradict the series' appearance from the last few games.
Besides, how can you make Kirby dark to begin with?

While I agree about the terrible aesthetic of modern FPS games, I think a number of people here have pointed out that Kirby is already pretty dark. Again, Kirby 64 has a number of disturbing moments, and the final boss is literally frightening. It is not the only Kirby game to do this.

If making a Kirby game "darker" would just consist of playing up those elements, I don't see what's so bad about it, so long as they preserved the light elements too. You're making some assumptions that really don't need to be made.

G

gUtSLyOiR

I'm not entirely sure about "darker", but i wouldnt mind Kirby going the route of mario n luigi superstar saga with a grander story and some rpg gameplay...

Z

zeldamaster17

I'm sorry...no. Just no. Kirby is this pink little cute guy who eats people. Now, how the hell can you turn that dark?! I can see a horror movie, but not a darker game without it being complete crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom