• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo let a different developer have a try?

(Quick note, Hyrule Warriors is a non-canon title and was a Warriors game with Zelda characters than a traditional title in the series. Also, the Tingle titles are ambiguous in their canon.)

The last game in the series to be developed by a different developer was The Minish Cap by Capcom. That was over a decade ago. Capcom also developed the Oracle Games, which had a different development than other Zelda titles, starting with story before gameplay and that made development difficult but the games still were well liked.

It's been a long time, but maybe, since we're getting an app and Nintendo is more willing to let Mario meet the Rabbids of all characters, it's time we see another developer get a chance to make a new installment in the series.

Final Fantasy XV's director has said he'd like to work on the series, so maybe Square Enix? Maybe a top down title made with the UbiArt Framework, Ubisoft? Or maybe play it safe and let another Nintendo subsidiary try, like, as Miyamoto once suggested, Retro Studios?

Should Nintendo let someone give it a shot?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
CD Projekt Red should make Zelda. They actually know how to write a story unlike Nintendo. Plus graphic sex, swearing and violence is exactly what Zelda needs.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well Tri Force Heroes was developed by Grezzo so it hasn't been that long since a canon Zelda title was made by a different company than Nintendo.

Grezzo also did a good job with the remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask so I'd be down to let them create a fully 3D game for the 3DS. I've been wanting one for a while, and it would allow us to get a new unique Zelda game while Nintendo simultaneously works on other things.

Ninja

Well well well
As long as they execute it will, I'm down for it. It would be refreshing to have a developer take the reigns and add something different to the franchise.

Well I think lastime they let other developers make Zelda games they did a great job. Capcom, i'm talking to you. I say let them make another game for us, but make it a console release and not a handheld

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom