• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Should Nintendo Keep Making Legend of Zelda 3DS Games?

Hey guys and gals its NaviandLink here with another thought for you. Nintendo is releasing Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem for the 3DS soon...but there are no Zelda games in sight. People who have Embassador's Program know that you have Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap, Zelda II and the original Legend of Zelda and many more old games. But there are no new Zelda games. Nintendo has been debating on Majora's Mask for the 3DS, but the WiiU has released Legend of Zelda the Windwaker in HD...and probably many more Zelda games to come for that system. Lot's of people who were lucky enough to get a WiiU probably have Nintendo Land, Windwaker HD and so on, I have played the Windwaker HD but only a demo. Could Nintendo have given up Operation Moonfall for the Windwaker HD? My guess, probably. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3DS but, sadly, no Zelda games as far as I can see for that system :(. Nintendo might have given Legend of Zelda on the 3DS because they don't need the 3D ability. More Legend of Zelda games on the 3DS I think would be a good marketing scheme because it opens up Zelda to a new variety of people. Has Link put down his sword for the 3DS system??? Let me know what you think about my thoughts and hopefully they make sense :S. "Hey! Look! LIsten!" Navi, would you be quiet!

NaviandLink,
out!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I have played the Windwaker HD but only a demo.

First of all, what demo?

Could Nintendo have given up Operation Moonfall for the Windwaker HD? My guess, probably.

Nintendo have no part in Operation Moonfall, it's a fan project. Nintendo went on record to say that an original Zelda game would be released for the 3DS before Majora's Mask 3D if they ever decide to do it. Take from that the fact that Nintendo plan on making at least one original Zelda game for the 3DS.

I love the 3DS but, sadly, no Zelda games as far as I can see for that system :(. Nintendo might have given Legend of Zelda on the 3DS because they don't need the 3D ability

Zelda typically takes a few years to appear for Nintendo systems. The likelihood of Zelda 3DS being announced at E3 this year is pretty high. No, Nintendo hasn't given up on Zelda with regard to the 3DS. That would be incredibly foolish of them. Remember that patience is a virtue.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zelda will take quite a while - around 2 years (give or take a year) to reach the 3DS. That being said, I can understand where you're coming from; Nintendo typically says that they're working on a Zelda title every so often. Sure, they might not keep tabs on it like Square Enix does KH, but they still announce things from time to time. They haven't said much about Zelda3DS, so it's reasonable to assume the game might not actually make it.

Anyway, I know Nintendo hasn't started yet, but I think a healthy blend for Zelda games on the 3DS would be MM3D (a remake - a common trend in gaming), an original title (Zelda 3DS - obligatory), and maybe an other original title if they can muster the resources. We have OoT3D currently, so give us its complement; an original Zelad for the 3DS is gonna happen as we all know; and another original title would just be icing on the cake - making the 3DS actually worth purchasing outside of FE13.

Mido

Version 1
I pretty much agree with all of the above, since the 3DS harbors great potential, I think that Nintendo will make some stellar games for it. Citing what Ventus said, the original Zelda game (Zelda 3DS) is obligatory for Nintendo at this time since we have already received a remake in OOT 3D.

Alex

~TLoZ Veteran~
I don't know really, i'm not to much into the 3Ds, but a MM remake would be awesome thought or just in HD to the Wii U idk.

After several Zelda ports and remakes for the 3DS, an original Zelda game for the system should be Nintendo's priority. I have a strong feeling it will be announced at this year's E3.

With console installments taking longer to develop, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo pursued a similar strategy as with the DS by releasing multiple new portable adventures. If that occurs, I'd prefer if Nintendo offered different art styles instead of direct sequels although that's not likely to occur.

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
I don't know really, i'm not to much into the 3Ds, but a MM remake would be awesome thought or just in HD to the Wii U idk.

I would prefer the MM remake (whenever they decide to release it, if they even are planning on it) to be on the same system as the OoT remake. Makes sense.

T

TriforceBearer

I'm sure that there's a 3DS Zelda game to come in the future. The 3DS is major release in the line of Nintendo consoles and handhelds, that cannot be ignored. There is a lot of potential for a new game in the franchise on this system, given its hardware variation from every game system to come before. The circle pad, three dimensional screen, accelerometer, and cameras can easily be used in cooperation with a new game from the series we enjoy so much.

On the topic of rereleases and remakes, my opinion is that a new, original release in the Zelda franchise would provide more of what fans to the series want rather than a game previously released. I personally would prefer this as well. Not saying that an older game would be bad; Majora's Mask in 3D would allow some fans who didn't own a N64 to play this great classic. Not to mention that after seeing what was done with Ocarina of Time, I'd love to see what the minds at Nintendo would do with its sequel.

No, with Ocarina of Time 3D, I think Majora's Mask needs to be on the 3DS to maintain some level of consistency. Yes, we have the DS games, but can at least try with the 3DS?

K

KHHero

I would love more LoZ games for 3DS. The only games I play on it are KH358/2 Days, KH Re:Coded, OOT3D, LA, PH, and ST, but I don't actually play my 3DS much anymore, and I would probably use it if I had more LoZ games for it. Nothing else interests me for gaming other than Kingdom Hearts.
Majora's Mask for 3DS is still one of my major wants, and a 3DS remake makes alot of sense if they already did OoT.
I am looking forward too all future Zelda titles though, whether I have a Wii U or not.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Well, I don't own a 3DS, so I may be biased, but heres what I think: The Wii U is out. It may have disappointed people here at the beginning, but Nintendo has released it and being it's newest console, I say throw everything you got into making it good. This means focusing on Zelda Wii U. It's an original title and I don't think they should be making a original game for the 3DS simultaneously. A remake for like MM or something I'd be okay with... maybe. But overall that would be all. Focusing on making the Wii U sale should be Nintendos primary objective at this point though, which = focusing on Zelda Wii U title/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom