• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Should Nintendo Have Waited a Year?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Because the game was too short and needed an extra two dungeons. Storywise, it's not hard. We could recruit the first two sages to give the sword its power or we could split the Triforce into three dungeons. Regardless, I expect at last 9 dungeons (including final dungeon) from a Zelda game. Especially one that took 5 years.

It was the longest Zelda game to date, even when not including the sidequests. A bit of this was due to padding, but not much compared to what wasn't. 7 dungeons is also pretty average for Zelda. About half of the titles have 6-8 of them. Zelda II, 7. Link's Awakening, 8. Both Oracles, 8. The Wind Waker, 6. The Minish Cap, 6. Spirit Tracks, 6 (if you consider the Tower of Spirits is one dungeon). Skyward Sword, 7. Then there's Majora's Mask with only 4.

I really don't understand why people only complain about this with Skyward Sword. What, is it just because it's the latest title? Newsflash, every title was the latest title at one point. It doesn't make sense to only complain about it with just one title, especially when some have less.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Dungeons don't always determine a game's length, just look at MM, 4 dungeons but still takes quite a while to beat because of the stuff in between the dungeons.

It was nice to have an original Zelda game on the wii, even if it was a reference party of everything we have seen before. I don't care much for SS, i can count the things on one hand that i do like about it, but thats why i like that it is on the wii and nintendo didnt wait for the wiiU to release it, i hope SS was a miss-step and that ZeldaU can either right the wrongs or ignore the design choices in SS completely. If SS had been released on WiiU as it is in an HD form then i'd have been even more disappointed that Zelda would have missed a generation and disappointed on Nintendo's first HD console, as it is, we've got SS (which wouldn't have been any better with HD graphics) out of the way now so that we can look forward to better things.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
They could have made the game longer I completed the game 100% while playing casually in about 38 hours while Nintendo said the game would take around 80-100 hours to complete, there's no way Skyward Sword on average was 5his long! Plus i would have loved a couple more dungeons or at least bigger and more challenging dungeons :)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Dungeons don't always determine a game's length, just look at MM, 4 dungeons but still takes quite a while to beat because of the stuff in between the dungeons.

And yet it's still the shortest 3D game in the series.

It was the longest Zelda game to date, even when not including the sidequests. A bit of this was due to padding, but not much compared to what wasn't. 7 dungeons is also pretty average for Zelda. About half of the titles have 6-8 of them. Zelda II, 7. Link's Awakening, 8. Both Oracles, 8. The Wind Waker, 6. The Minish Cap, 6. Spirit Tracks, 6 (if you consider the Tower of Spirits is one dungeon). Skyward Sword, 7. Then there's Majora's Mask with only 4.

I really don't understand why people only complain about this with Skyward Sword. What, is it just because it's the latest title? Newsflash, every title was the latest title at one point. It doesn't make sense to only complain about it with just one title, especially when some have less.

Skyward Sword was the 2nd shortest 3D game next to MM. It had a measly 7 dungeons after 5 years. None of these dungeons were long and there was exceedingly little in between dungeons after the 3rd. Even Wind Waker had stuff to do in between dungeons...even if it was spent mostly on sailing. *shudder*. SS seemed to go out of its way to have as little sidequests at possible at times. It did the foolish move of bringing back four heart pieces per container and took out an entire 5 hearts.

I expect at least 9 dungeons from a 3D game. Majora's Mask had a year and focused on sidequests, so while it's a little rushed and not ideal, I forgive it. Wind Waker also had 7 dungeons and, yes, that was rushed. They took out 3 entire dungeons for the sake of the bloody triforce quest. That isn't acceptable. SS took the longest of any Zelda to make and it had merely 7 dungeons. It had little content in between each dungeon too. Now previously games that had few dungeons would at least have a large sidequest focus. But Skyward Sword didn't even have this. In fact, I think it had the least amount of side quests in the 3D games.

And I don't see why you praise Skyward Sword so much and treat it like a perfect game. Look, I like SS too. It's tied for my best game. But that's not because I think it's perfect. It's not. I liked SS because of its combat, because of its dungeon-like overworld as well as various other additions or readditions, like Lighting Round, Stamina Bar, Upgrades, etc. But in the end, Skyward Sword is one of the more flawed titles. The upgrades were nice, but the upgrade system was horrible. The shield meter was unneeded and, honestly, a little stupid, I think. The combat was buggy at times. There was little content. The sky was bland, but, I admit, not as bland as sailing. There was no build up on the combat. What you had in the beginning was the same thing you had in the end. The story was weak and very poorly paced. The majority of characters were weak, most terrible was Fi. She was an awful downgrade back to Navi.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Ocarina of Time was shorter overall. Majora's Mask's sidequests were sometimes ridiculously long.

Skyward Sword was the 2nd shortest 3D game next to MM. It had a measly 7 dungeons after 5 years. None of these dungeons were long and there was exceedingly little in between dungeons after the 3rd. Even Wind Waker had stuff to do in between dungeons...even if it was spent mostly on sailing. *shudder*. SS seemed to go out of its way to have as little sidequests at possible at times. It did the foolish move of bringing back four heart pieces per container and took out an entire 5 hearts.

One, dungeons don't determine a game's length. Two, you seem to have ignored how most Zelda games have around 7 dungeons. Three, Skyward Sword had loads of sidequests, easily the most since Majora's Mask. Four, Twilight Princess adding a fifth piece to a Heart Container was one of its many ways of artificially lengthening the game. And five, the Lanayru Mining Facility, Fire Sanctuary, and Sky Keep are three of the longest dungeons in Zelda history.

It had little content in between each dungeon too.

Skyward Sword had a lot between each dungeon. Did you forget that the surface portions were similar to dungeons themselves?

Now previously games that had few dungeons would at least have a large sidequest focus. But Skyward Sword didn't even have this. In fact, I think it had the least amount of side quests in the 3D games.

As I previously said, SS had the most sidequests in any Zelda game since Majora's Mask. (It didn't have as many as MM, but that game was virtually built around sidequests.) Those Gratitude Crystal quests are very numerous and can be pretty time-consuming due to how unclear it is many times as to what you're supposed to do. You really have to pay attention to detail if you're gonna complete the sidequests without using the dowsing mechanic.

And I don't see why you praise Skyward Sword so much and treat it like a perfect game.

I don't. I've pointed out its flaws PLENTY of times. I even did so in an article a few weeks ago. That doesn't mean I can't defend it. I defend any game when I see something unfair said about it.

The upgrades were nice, but the upgrade system was horrible.

What was horrible about it? I'm not going to say it was an amazing feature, as it was relatively simple, but horrible? Rarely is grinding for treasure or rupees a necessity, as the game gives you the opportunity to get what you need at the right time. It doesn't hand things out to you on a silver platter like the GameCube games did, but you'll always find what you need if you just give the area a quick look.

The shield meter was unneeded and, honestly, a little stupid, I think.

Discussed that in another thread. It's for resource management and to prevent you from being overpowered.

The combat was buggy at times.

Explain.

There was little content.

You didn't complete the game in its entirety, did you?

There was no build up on the combat. What you had in the beginning was the same thing you had in the end.

False. The game constantly introduces new challenges and violent twists on previously-established challenges, creating a great sense of pacing. You can't tell me that the challenges we saw in the Faron Woods are what we saw in the final moments of the game, specifically the Horde Battle.

The story was weak and very poorly paced. The majority of characters were weak, most terrible was Fi. She was an awful downgrade back to Navi.

The story and characters were some of Zelda's finest. The presentation, character development (yes, the characters were really good, especially Groose and Ghirahim), and dialogue were all significantly stepped up. Fi was annoying, yes, but her goodbye scene was was very emotional, despite it being rather sudden in execution.

DarkestLink

Ocarina of Time was shorter overall. Majora's Mask's sidequests were sometimes ridiculously long.

1) Assuming you did the sidequests.

2) The longest (Anju and Kafei) was roughly 20 minutes long unless you chose to just goof off with it.

One, dungeons don't determine a game's length. Two, you seem to have ignored how most Zelda games have around 7 dungeons.

1) ...Yes they do. If you want to argue basic math, use some reasoning behind it. Especially for the case of a game with short dungeons and little in between them.

2) Irrelevant. Yes, Majora's Mask was rushed. Yes, Wind Waker was huge disappointment in its shortness and cut content. Both suffered in terms of sales because of this. Now why should SS do the same? They had five years. There's no excuse for this.

Three, Skyward Sword had loads of sidequests, easily the most since Majora's Mask.

If you want your arguments to have any credibility, you're going to need to go beyond "Nah uh, it had loads!" The goddess cubes had as much sidequest content (per cube) as each individual poe, bug, and skulltula from OoT and TP. The hearts, as I explained, were shortened, and did I mention how much time dowsing cut?

If you really want me to sit here and show you the math on why SS had few sidequests, then fine, but I'd think this would be common knowledge.

Four, Twilight Princess adding a fifth piece to a Heart Container was one of its many ways of artificially lengthening the game.

And it worked. We got more sidequests, more content, and a larger game.

And five, the Lanayru Mining Facility, Fire Sanctuary, and Sky Keep are three of the longest dungeons in Zelda history.

...Sky Keep? Alright, let me emphasis on how short Sky Keep really is...

A full run on Sky Keep takes 44 minutes.

A full run on the Forest Temple for Twilight Princess takes 44 minutes.

At first your argument seems flawed when you consider the fact that the so-called longest dungeon in Zelda history is as long as the tutorial temple for Twilight Princess. However, when you look at the true reality of it all and the fact that a full run of Sky Keep is 44 minutes, this brings us back to the fact that one of the rooms can easily be skipped. Skipping 1 room may not seem like a big deal, but this dungeon had 8 rooms, one had just a chest in it and one was just a short mini boss. This room is roughly 1/6 of the dungeon So that shaves 7 minutes off your basic run. This leaves Sky Keep with 37 minutes. So what you claim is one of the longest dungeons in history....is actually shorter than the tutorial temple for its predecessor.

If you don't buy my math, you can follow it by watching it here:

Forest Temple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1e_6v9MlV4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-oyOc4gOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olGN5ArFvX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_Ni5Nc1tA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgnLj-ORYBg

Sky Keep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOit4iBRxWI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15aCqZS3KNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCp4UnhhA3c (Temple ends at 6:30)

Skyward Sword had a lot between each dungeon. Did you forget that the surface portions were similar to dungeons themselves?

Dungeon-like, but not long.

As I previously said, SS had the most sidequests in any Zelda game since Majora's Mask. (It didn't have as many as MM, but that game was virtually built around sidequests.) Those Gratitude Crystal quests are very numerous and can be pretty time-consuming due to how unclear it is many times as to what you're supposed to do.

How much clearer could it get? Follow the signal until you get a crystal. Fledge wants a stamina potion, go get a stamina potion, Fledge wants another stamina potion, go get another one. Fortune Teller needs his crystal ball, follow the signal and you get it. Cawlin wants you to deliver a letter...go do it. Do you like Peatrice? Oh OK...oh and her's some crystals...for answering a straight forward question.

You really have to pay attention to detail if you're gonna complete the sidequests without using the dowsing mechanic.

Unless, of course, you read basic instructions and play the game as intended (WITH dowsing) rather than needlessly self "challenging" yourself. I use quotations on challenge because randomly bumping into a crystal because you were too stubborn to use dowsing isn't a challenge...it's just dumb luck.

The two hardest quests in all of this was Finding Kukiel and Beedle's Beetle. The rest required no thought whatsoever.

What was horrible about it? I'm not going to say it was an amazing feature, as it was relatively simple, but horrible? Rarely is grinding for treasure or rupees a necessity, as the game gives you the opportunity to get what you need at the right time. It doesn't hand things out to you on a silver platter like the GameCube games did, but you'll always find what you need if you just give the area a quick look.

To completely 100%, then yes, I can almost guarantee you will need to grind. I spent hours grinding away for the treasures needed to upgrade all potential items of use. Not to mention spent roughly 7000 rupees on it all.

Discussed that in another thread. It's for resource management and to prevent you from being overpowered.

So defending yourself is overpowered, but the ability to disarm any enemy (save Demise) and become momentarily invincible is not.

I think that's all there really is to say. But let's put it this way, go ask fellow ZD users if any of them had trouble stabbing, thought the game wasn't slashing properly, had to recenter too much, felt something was unresponsive or, if you want to be general about it, ask if anyone had any trouble with SS combat. Come back and show me your results.

You didn't complete the game in its entirety, did you?

I don't count grinding for hours as content.

False. The game constantly introduces new challenges and violent twists on previously-established challenges, creating a great sense of pacing. You can't tell me that the challenges we saw in the Faron Woods are what we saw in the final moments of the game, specifically the Horde Battle.

Hmmmm...

Faron Bokoblins...slash and hack wildly until they die...

Horde Battle....slash and hack wildly until they die...while running.

Ghirahim 1...guide his hand away and slash wildly...then sword fight.

Ghirahim 2...guide his hand away and slash widly...but this time he has two swords.

The story and characters were some of Zelda's finest. The presentation, character development (yes, the characters were really good, especially Groose and Ghirahim), and dialogue were all significantly stepped up. Fi was annoying, yes, but her goodbye scene was was very emotional, despite it being rather sudden in execution.

The story was almost non-existant until the Fire Sanctuary was finished.

Zelda gets kidnapped, Link goes to rescue her. Ghirahim wants to kidnap her again to revive his master. All of this is apparent by the 2nd dungeon. It doesn't go anywhere until the 2nd-to-last dungeon is complete. Nope, not even side character development to keep us entertained. Groose doesn't show development until--you guessed it--after the Fire Sanctuary. Not only that, but the whole goal seems until then. I mean, sure, at first Link wanted to keep Zelda safe, but by the 2nd dungeon, he finds her in capable hands, who are, apparently, better than his at the time being. She's safe. What is there to worry about? If anything, looking for her is putting her in danger. Why not be productive and hunt Ghirahim down? I would be more concerned with him seeing how he's threatening Zelda's safety and is talking about this cultist revival. And yet, Link doesn't seem to care.

Groose was good, yes, but Ghirahim was weak. A nice boss battle, but not a good character. I honestly preferred Zant.

Zant, he looks cool, but he's actually a psychopathic manchild wannabe who is driven by his lust for power. His betrayal of his people and his insanity was brought on by the fact that they passed him over. He helps Ganondorf because he's loyal it benefits him too.

Ghirahim is bloodthirsty and...flamboyant. I have no idea why. Probably because he was told to be that way. That's the only thing that seems to drive him, his directive. He was literally just given the directive to revive Demise and his entire life and existence has been dedicated to this. Even though he gains nothing from it and the fact that he admits his entire life/existance was made for this purpose implies he never really met Demise, let alone knew him for long enough to gain any loyalty.

Last edited:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
No. We'd been waiting 5 years for a proper Wii Zelda game. When I heard in late 2010 that Skyward Sword was going to be pushed back a year to make refinements I was able to wait, since I very much wanted them to iron out as much of the game as possible and make the best experience they could. While it would have been icing on the cake if they could have fixed some of the graphics issues and make the edges smoother, draw distance farther, etc., I'm still exceedingly happy with what I've got, warts and all. I think if they postponed it yet another year, I would have become too impatient and it would have soured my opinion of the game.

Also, Skyward Sword was built from the ground up as a Wii game. Most of the games I've played on the Wii felt like they could have been made on other systems; the motion controls felt tacked on or at least not an integral part of the gameplay. Skyward Sword was the first to feel like a definitive Wii game, in that there is no way you could have made the game on another system and still retain all that made SS excellent. And besides, the few mistakes SS did make (I'm not gonna go out and say it was perfect, no game is) are incentives to get right in ZeldaU. From what I know, ZeldaU will incorporate the visual style of SS but improve the graphic fidelity (a very good thing in my eyes, as SS' impressionism are tied with Okami's sumi-e brush style as my favorite visual style in gaming), so it has the opportunity to become as great of a game as SS is, or better. Since it is going to be released later on in the WiiU's lifetime it can take advantage of the unique abilities of the WiiU rather than feeling tacked on like with Twilight Princess (a GC game simply ported over to the Wii). Putting SS off by yet another year would have cut into ZeldaU's development, something I think we can all agree would have been a detriment.

I expect at least 9 dungeons from a 3D game. Majora's Mask had a year and focused on sidequests, so while it's a little rushed and not ideal, I forgive it. Wind Waker also had 7 dungeons and, yes, that was rushed. They took out 3 entire dungeons for the sake of the bloody triforce quest. That isn't acceptable. SS took the longest of any Zelda to make and it had merely 7 dungeons. It had little content in between each dungeon too. Now previously games that had few dungeons would at least have a large sidequest focus. But Skyward Sword didn't even have this. In fact, I think it had the least amount of side quests in the 3D games.

And I don't see why you praise Skyward Sword so much and treat it like a perfect game. Look, I like SS too. It's tied for my best game. But that's not because I think it's perfect. It's not. I liked SS because of its combat, because of its dungeon-like overworld as well as various other additions or readditions, like Lighting Round, Stamina Bar, Upgrades, etc. But in the end, Skyward Sword is one of the more flawed titles. The upgrades were nice, but the upgrade system was horrible. The shield meter was unneeded and, honestly, a little stupid, I think. The combat was buggy at times. There was little content. The sky was bland, but, I admit, not as bland as sailing. There was no build up on the combat. What you had in the beginning was the same thing you had in the end. The story was weak and very poorly paced. The majority of characters were weak, most terrible was Fi. She was an awful downgrade back to Navi.

Really? SS many times has been said to be one of the longest Zelda games. And yes while there really wasn't much to do outside of the dungeons, none of it was straightforward like you're trying to make it seem. Most of the sidequests while some were short, there were some that were long. You're going to tell me that getting all the crystals was easy? Some of the sidequests aren't as short as you're trying to make it seem. Honestly 7 dungeons aren't bad, most games have an average of 6-9 dungeons and yes while I wish there could have implemented dungeons like an ice dungeon, they were still a good amount and by far imo one of the best designed dungeons. And I'm pretty sure SS was one of the more sidequest heavy Zelda's since Majora's Mask.

Really many of your complains with SS really don't make sense to me. How was the upgrade system horrible? You didn't have to grind for treasure in order to upgrade anything, sure there was a few you had to look for, but that isn't grinding. Other than stabbing, the combat worked perfectly fine for me. I didn't know anything about people having to recenter in SS until I came to this thread. As for combat buildup, the game does introduce some challenges with the combat. It's not simple hacking and slashing, especially if when you do hack and slash, they block you. Let's not forget the stalfos, skulltulas, those three headed snake things. As for the story, the weakest? It's by far one of the better stories in Zelda. While its not great, its better than many of the other stories in the Zelda franchise. And as for characters, I really don't agree with this. Groose and Girahim come to mind when it comes to character. Just because someone is flamboyant or whatever doesn't mean that they need a reason. His character stemmed from his flamboyancy, something that really is distinct from most of the villains in other Zelda games. And as for fi, yes she was annoying but part of that was her character. No she wasn't as bad as Navi, and Fi actually had some deep moments in the game. I mean her ballet, being on fire in order to upgrade the goddess sword, and her last moments more than made up for her shortcomings in my eyes.

DarkestLink

Really? SS many times has been said to be one of the longest Zelda games.

That's a compelling argument.

Most of the sidequests while some were short, there were some that were long.

Gonna name any? Cause other than the Pumpkin 3, I don't see it.

You're going to tell me that getting all the crystals was easy?

Hmmmmmm...wait...wait...yeah.....the only one that had even a remote bit of difficulty was Beedle's Beetle.

Honestly 7 dungeons aren't bad, most games have an average of 6-9 dungeons

That might mean something to you, but I have higher expectations for a 3D Zelda title, especially one that took so long to come out.

And I'm pretty sure SS was one of the more sidequest heavy Zelda's since Majora's Mask.

With the least amount of heart pieces, and some of the shortest sidequests out there...I don't see it. Even its main quest focused predecessor had more side quest content.

Really many of your complains with SS really don't make sense to me. How was the upgrade system horrible? You didn't have to grind for treasure in order to upgrade anything, sure there was a few you had to look for, but that isn't grinding.

I will quote myself from another thread

Did you 100% the game? Did you get all upgrades for...

Wooden Shield x2

Iron Shield x2

Sacred Shield x2

Bug Net

Slingshot

Hook Beetle x2

Bowx2

8 Small Seed Satchels x2

8 Small Bomb Bags x2

8 Small Quivers x2

I spent hours grinding for that all. Grinding that SHOULD have been made into sidequests.

Other than stabbing, the combat worked perfectly fine for me.

The spin attack is an issue too.

I didn't know anything about people having to recenter in SS until I came to this thread.

How you found refuge from the constant complaints on the forums is beyond me.

As for the story, the weakest? It's by far one of the better stories in Zelda. While its not great, its better than many of the other stories in the Zelda franchise. And as for characters, I really don't agree with this.

Are you going to go beyond that? I believe I explained its problems in the fact that it was horribly paced with very little of the story showing up until the Fire Sanctuary is over.

Just because someone is flamboyant or whatever doesn't mean that they need a reason. His character stemmed from his flamboyancy, something that really is distinct from most of the villains in other Zelda games.

And that's all he had going for him. He was neither round nor dynamic. He was a bloodthirsty flamboyant slave. In the beginning, he's an elitist servant of Demise who views Link and his species as inferior to him...and in the end, despite being beaten twice, he still an elitist servant of Demise who regards Link and his species as puny and beneath him.

His motivation is poor. He could have had legitimate reasons to want Demise back, but, in the end, he just brought Demise back...because he was told to bring Demise back. That was his entire purpose of existence. This is the same thing that made Fi a weak character. Likewise, she only helped Link because she was told to rather than having any genuine human reasons to want to help Link.

And as for fi, yes she was annoying but part of that was her character. No she wasn't as bad as Navi, and Fi actually had some deep moments in the game.

Moments would imply plural.

I mean her ballet,

How was this deep?

being on fire in order to upgrade the goddess sword,

How was this deep?

and her last moments more than made up for her shortcomings in my eyes.

Again you're using a plural word for what was truly just one scene.

That's a compelling argument.

Gonna name any? Cause other than the Pumpkin 3, I don't see it.

Hmmmmmm...wait...wait...yeah.....the only one that had even a remote bit of difficulty was Beedle's Beetle.

That might mean something to you, but I have higher expectations for a 3D Zelda title, especially one that took so long to come out.

With the least amount of heart pieces, and some of the shortest sidequests out there...I don't see it. Even its main quest focused predecessor had more side quest content.

I will quote myself from another thread

I spent hours grinding for that all. Grinding that SHOULD have been made into sidequests.

are you serious? You don't need to grind just to find all those. They weren't particularly hard to find. There was no grinding necessary to find the treasures needed to upgrade any of the items. They required you to look around a bit yes, but that's not grinding. Especially for me, when I didn't have too much trouble finding the treasures.

The spin attack is an issue too.

It really isn't. Stabbing was the only big issue with the controls, spinning for me was easy. Like I said, the motion controls in SS for me worked especially well. I didn't have a single issue with them, and u can't say that the motion controls were really bad if there are many people saying that it also worked well. That's nothing wrong with the controls, usually its u or ur wii remote.

How you found refuge from the constant complaints on the forums is beyond me.

Lol I got used to it. Seeing the amount of hate TP and WW got around the web sort of

Are you going to go beyond that? I believe I explained its problems in the fact that it was horribly paced with very little of the story showing up until the Fire Sanctuary is over.

And no it isn't. Yes Girahim's intentions are revealed by the second dungeon, but everything else up until then has been focused on CD. Groose actually starts to change after being so useless in the second imprisoned battle, the whole journey was Link's journey. He had changed during the journey no longer being that kid who relied on Zelda to protect him against bullies. Strengthening the master sword was a part of keeping Zelda safe, and trying to stop Girahim. Girahim's purpose was to find the other gate so that he can find Zelda, they knew that something big was going to happen. Strengthening the goddess sword was important to the story as it provided a meaningful way for link to fight and save the world. Yes maybe he should be looking for Girahim, but with the goddess sword, the fact that Girahim was holding back this whole time, Link would have been crushed. Leading up to the fire sanctuary was a way to help link grow, to help him prove that he's ready to stop girahim and demise.

And that's all he had going for him. He was neither round nor dynamic. He was a bloodthirsty flamboyant slave. In the beginning, he's an elitist servant of Demise who views Link and his species as inferior to him...and in the end, despite being beaten twice, he still an elitist servant of Demise who regards Link and his species as puny and beneath him.

His motivation is poor. He could have had legitimate reasons to want Demise back, but, in the end, he just brought Demise back...because he was told to bring Demise back. That was his entire purpose of existence. This is the same thing that made Fi a weak character. Likewise, she only helped Link because she was told to rather than having any genuine human reasons to want to help Link.

Girahim and Fi were both weapons of destruction. One represented good and one represented bad. Girahim's whole purpose to bring Demise back wasn't because he was told to. I don't know where you got that from, he was a anti master sword per se, and like fi is loyal to Demise. His whole point of bringing Demise back was to help avenge their loss at the hands of Hylia and finish what they started. Really if you played the game there is a change in Girahim's personality. At first like you said he thought of Link as inferior basically toying with him. But as the game progressed he became more bloodthirsty and cruel. Second time you fight him, he says that he's going to deafen link with the sound of his own screams. Third and final time you fight him, he's fed up with link, unleashes his true form revealing to be the anti fi, and vows to actually kill you. As for fi, well that's her point. She was supposed to be someone that was devoid of human emotion, basically a robot. I mean I agree her character really wasn't fleshed out that much, and she should have showed signs of showing emotions instead of just shoving that when she was about to disappear.

Moments would imply plural.

How was this deep?

Those weren't instances where I was listing her(it?) deep moments. Those were instances where I thought she truly shined and made up for all her quirks.

Again you're using a plural word for what was truly just one scene.

There were scenes where I thought was deep in a sense, Fi's goodbye is one that's really sticks out and comes to mind at first hand.

Alot of people were getting pretty impatient with Skyward Sword since they were waiting 5 years for it, If Nintendo made the fans wait longer fans would of got very annoyed with Nintendo for procrastinating the release of Skyward Sword just to make better visuals. From a consumer's point of view, if Skyward Sword was made just for the Wii U that would mean forking out alot of money in order to play just one game that we have been waiting for so long, which would of been a waste to be fair. I think Nintendo did the right thing on putting Skyward Sword on the Wii, even without the HD visuals it still sold a wealthy amount of copies.

Last edited:
I think that waiting a year to release SS just to make it for wii u wouldn't have been the best move becaue it will be a while for me and probably a lot of other people too because of the price. So it was a good thing they didn't wait. I don't think it would've made a difference if they would've waited to release it for the wii still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom