• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Go Third Party?

Salem

SICK
I know about high level and low level programming, what I don't understand what does it have to do with immersion?

Infant what does all of this even have to do with whether or not Nintendo should go third-party?

This thread should just be dropped, if you get back on topic it will still be a pointless squabble, this will be my last post in this dead end thread, I'm moving on, and I suggest others do the same.

Salem

SICK
High-level immersion is where the game does not make you feel you're the character directly, instead relying on gameplay and story to drag your emotions into the game. In the same sense, high-level programming puts a lot of things between the hardware and the code you're writing.

Low-level immersion is where the game directly make you feel like you're the character you're playing as. It attempts to make what you're experiencing identical to the character in the game. It relies on realistic graphics, a first person camera, minimalistic UI, and natural controls, among other things. Watch The Matrix or Sword Art Online as an extreme example of low-level immersion. This is like low-level programming as there is very little between hardware and your code.
The link you gave was only talking about programming, I assumed this is what you were referring to earlier.

It doesn't have to do with if Nintendo should go third-party. Feel free to bring the thread back on topic.
I hope we do go back to the original topic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom