• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Go Third Party?

Salem

SICK
Profits would be greater if they go third party. More people own other platforms. Nintendo makes money though software, not hardware.
Hardware is a HUGE part of their business, if they go third-party, then there's a huge change they might get rid of their console making department and might need have to fire the hardware employees since there's little need to keep them, for Nintendo, that's not a good idea, they said they didn't want to do that because it might reduce the value of the company.

.Having to limit yourself to weaker hardware is not freedom. You can always utilize more powerful hardware. Case and point, Wii games play better on PC.
Are you saying there's NO compelling argument to making weaker hardware?

There are reasons to use weaker hardware, for one thing it's cheaper to make and probably can be made cheaper and be able to sell to a wider audience, all I'm saying is that there are some good reason to NOT use the most powerful hardware there is, if there wasn't, should all consoles just completely max out on their specs to high end gaming PC levels?

Anyway as to the topic, I would definitely like to see Nintendo go third party. I'm tired of the kiddy ******** that overlays all of their consoles (at least from the Zelda side of things). I want to see amazing graphics, realistic art styles, and I want tons of players. I want online interaction. I want all of the stuff that Nintendo just won't - due to their thinking patterns - participate in.
Is this sarcasm or trolling?

It doesn't make sense, why is TehLeetHaxon a member of ZD a site that focuses primarily on a game franchise predominately set on consoles and handhelds if he wants the console industry to die?

So TehLeetHaxon why are you here? I mean you have every right to be here of course but it seems like your always pushing for Nintendo's death card to be pulled from the deck, and a majority of people always seem to disagree with you on such subjects as Nintendo's future, are you trying to force us to accept your opinions as fact, are you here because your a fan of the Zelda franchise or just simply because you like it, if so it would make sense if you showed a little more respect for the company that created it, this is a real question I'm not trying to offend you I'm genuinely curious about your presence here, so why are you here?

I do apologize if I have offended you as I wasn't seeking to do so.

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I like Nintendo's franchises. I disagree with their business choices and their recent choices in hardware. Isn't this Zelda Dungeon, not Worship Nintendo Dungeon?

I would like to see Zelda evolve into more than what it is today, and it seem Nintendo's business choices aren't helping. Nintendo is lagging behind and this isn't helping their games at all.

For example, I own physical copies of both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Do I play them on my Wii? No, I choose to play them on my PC. Not sure if you know this, but on PC via Dolphin emulator, Wii games can be ran in 1080p native with anti-aliasing, anisotropical filtering, and texture filtering. The Wii itself isn't capable of any of those things, despite those things making the game much more enjoyable. It's embarrassing that there are platforms out there that can provide a better experience that Nintendo's native hardware.

Don't worry about offending me, I've gotten much worse at other forums. But rest assured, I'm not here just to troll or hate.

Not every one has money for "superior" gaming nintendo is able to offer a cheaper more affordable product If a Nintendo system would go for anything near were a pc that is capable of playing any things you are saying I would stop buying from Nintendo due to higher prices. $600 is just to much.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Well, then Nintendo should also develop PC. PCs can be built for any budget, and a $300 PC will outperform a Wii U. The game's visuals can scale up, depending on how good your hardware is.

Support you claim show me a $300 pc (Including monitor mouse and keyboard) that can out preform a Wii U that is already built and dose not require anything more then pulging in the power cable the cable to the tower to the monitor the mouse and the keyboard.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
How ever it is more then likely if you are going out to by a wii u you already have a tv. If your going to build a computer you are most likely not going to have a monter laying around. Also how bout not being interested in building something that could be frustrating when all you want to do is relax. Also keep in mind not all tvs can connect to computers.

The cheapest monitor that I could find was for about $70 so $378

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Congratulations. The mainstream doesn't care. They hear about having to put something together, and they instantly shut you out. Amazing how you don't understand this.

He thinks we're so stupid that as soon as he mentions some computer specs that we're going to instantly assume that he knows what he's talking about and agree with him. Ugh, he's like an annoying religious recruiter.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
That system I designed can connect to any TV as it has an HDMI-out port.

Why do you need a monitor anyways when you can just hook that PC to a TV? If you're going to factor in the cost of a monitor to a PC, you're going to have to factor in the cost of a TV for the Wii U. Displays aren't part of the gaming devices themselves. Don't create a double standard here.

Building a computer is not hard at all. Have you actually built one? I know from first hand experience that it's really easy and fun.

1) Screw PSU into case
2) Fit hard drive into case
3) Fit optical drive into case
4) Put CPU into socket on motherboard
5) Apply a drop of thermal paste on CPU
6) Screw cooler on top of CPU
7) Put RAM module into ram slot on motherboard
8) Fit motherboard into case
9) Put wireless card into PCIE slot
10) Attach SATA and power cables

10 simple steps.

Why is that you are more likely to have a tv laying around then a monitor You can play the wii u on a AV tv.

1.) Plug in power cord, what ever input cord you decide to use, and sensor bar.

Takes less then 3 minutes

9 less steps

what is more convenient

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Explain why I don't know what I'm talking about when I bring up specs. That PC build is indisputably more powerful than the Wii U in every single way.

If you don't have a TV, you're going to have to get one with your Wii U as well.

If you never had a PC before your not going to have a random computer monitor.
Most people have a television set. Not to mention that it can be used for other things beside the system its self.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
If everyone was savvy with a PC, don't you think PC gaming would be bigger than it is right now? <.<

I must say these recent comments have strayed well away from the main topic of this thread. You've gone from PC hardware to TV monitors and HD graphics. What does this have to do with Nintendo going third party? Seriously, these past several comments have been nothing but jargon talk, none of it has anything to do with the main topic.

So a PC is stronger than the Wii U, so what? Why should that influence Nintendo to go third party? If you can't even connect those questions to your jargon remarks, you're pretty much having a pointless conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom