• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Bring StreetPass back to the Switch and/or Switch Pro?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
StreetPass was a pretty cool feature of the Nintendo 3DS line and I always found it cool adding more people from different places whenever I wandered around. I think it would be pretty cool for them to bring it back on the Switch or for them to develop some kind of successor version, especially given the portability of the console. It would be awesome to get out and exploring again with StreetPass once the pandemic is over and people can travel around more again.

What do you think? Would you like to see StreetPass or a successor return to the Switch/Switch Pro or do you think it has already had its time to shine with the 3DS?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
we're 4 years into it's life so it feels like we're past that point, and while you can take a switch with you, street pass just seems to make a lot more sense on a 3ds that's way easier to put in your pocket

Streetpass was a neat idea but pretty underutilized, and most in-game integrations for it are probably replaced with amiibo functionality at this point. The plaza and the puzzle piece collection was my favorite part of it, though.

What I could see happening is them maybe doing a streetpass type thing with their mobile games or at least the My Nintendo app, since people do carry their phones with them, and Nintendo does seem interested in exploring their mobile apps. I can't say I'm a fan of mobile apps giving console game bonuses via transfer, but that could be what they do if they went that route.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I loved playing with Streetpass in the Mii Plaza and all those games, but I very rarely got people on it here in Sweden. But I was lucky enough to go to a university where a lot of gamers went, so many had 3DSs with them.
But now I don't feel like it'd be the same, and I don't really bring my Switch with me as much as I did my 3DS, I treat it more as a home console than a portable system

I would absolutely love to see Streetpass again. It brought so much vibrance to the 3DS. I loved passing other 3DS owners and seeing where they were from. I still look back fondly at the last time I ever got a Streetpass notification in summer 2017 on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it isn't a feature I ever got a lot of use out of. Even in the day when I was actively bringing my 3DS to places, I live in small town Iowa. At most I'd wind up with one or two streepasses and end up using the step currency to purchase NPCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom