• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should More Japanese Exclusive Games Be Available in the West?

Japanese exclusive games always look so interesting compared to what we get over here. After a brief browse of any video game store only the ps3 seems to be catering to fans who have the urge to play games that seem to be jrpg games with their anime visuals and pretty screenshots.

The west has missed out on some really good games in the past that never made out of Japan, do you think more should find themselves over to the western shores and how well do you think they'd sell? Would they be worth the cost to redub/translate and export?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally don't think most Japanese exclusive titles would be profitable for the companies; yes on the inside of fanbases most want whatever game, but the general consumer typically doesn't know what the games in question are.

Even in spite of the (eventual) dearth in sales, I would prefer that the JP-only games – specifically the International releases of a few games – were made available abroad. NTCS-U and PAL/Oceania regions deserve those games, too!

Games in my mind: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System

Yes because greater videogame variety is always appreciated. The JRPG was a dead genre until recently when the likes of Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Ni No Kuni were released westward.

While these games are not likely to sell systems, they have their personal following and more frequent releases may raise awareness. You never know if a game will succeed until it's released in other territories. Metroid isn't a hit in its native Japan, for example, but a big seller overseas.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Games in my mind: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System

And Final Fantasy Type 0, Biohazard Clan Master, Project X Zone (even though it was recently announced for an English release, but still...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom