• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Should Magic Be Implemented Back In Future Zelda Games?

(I'm not sure if there is another thread like this.)
Magic has taken a role in ALTTP as well as few other games, but it has not appeared in the latest games of the franchise. Should it? Magic is feature to help you find secrets and complete dungeons (You could also play around with items that use magic!). Both Skyward Sword and Twilight Princes could of benefited from this. So should Nintendo reimplement magic back to Zelda?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, magic should definitely be implemented into the series again. Zelda games have gotten a generic feeling with their recent mechanical-based games (TP onwards), and although mechanics do not correlate with level-sets, I sure did notice that the magic-less games tended to feel like individual levels rather than worlds.

There are many benefits and drawbacks to magic, but honestly those benefits and drawbacks apply to anything that deals with ammunition. Why should I have to find arrows to use a bow? Why can't I juse use a rock? Why do I need slingshot pellets to hit this switch? Why can't I use my sword? etc! Magic must return someday, hopefully in Z3DS. <3

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'll quote myself on this...

Absolutely not. The magic meter was one of the worst, if the THE worst thing to be put in LoZ. It's a horribly annoying and irking limit on gameplay and I never want to see it return. If they want to bring back elemental arrows, then fine, if they want to bring back "spells" then...fine. But they need a new way to limit it. I was fine with ST's "charging" the arrows aspect, but I would rather see the series go back to N64 graphics, enemies that hit 1/16 hearts, and 5x tWW sailing than have that blasted thing come back.

Although if they changed it to automatically recover like the stamina meter then I could find it bearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom