• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Have A Voice Actor?

B

BloodWulfNate

So I searched the Forums, and no one asked this question yet. So I want to know, what do the Zelda fans think?
Personally, I think he should, after I heard his "voice actor" from Ocarina Of Time in an anime.
His name is Nobuyuki Hiyama, known as the voice of Adult Link in OoT and some of Links's forms in MM (Majora's Mask)
He also was Link's Motion Capture for some time. He may even still be, I do not know, but I know he was at some point.
In the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, he voiced Viral in the Japanese dub, and he was also Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho.
Personally, I think he is an amazing voice actor, and I would be perfectly fine if they gave Link a speaking role and Nobuyuki Hiyama voiced him.
But what do you guys think?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I think voice acting is the future of games, making them more like interactive movies, which I fully support. If Nintendo doesn't start adding more voice actors to major games such as The Legend of Zelda series, they'll get left behind, which nobody wants. I do believe that Link and other Zelda characters should have voice actors. Just not like...the CDi games. "I can't WAIT to bomb some dodongos!"

B

BloodWulfNate

Or the Zelda cartoon. "Well Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me Princess" That was just as terrible.
That's one of the things that scares me about English dubs. I feel they wouldn't be able to find a voice actor that spoke English that could correctly personify Link.
Its sucks that Nintendo refuses to give link a voice actor, I at least wish they would give him some lines like the rest of the characters.
I'm sure they could do it, and make it decent.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Or the Zelda cartoon. "Well Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me Princess" That was just as terrible.
That's one of the things that scares me about English dubs. I feel they wouldn't be able to find a voice actor that spoke English that could correctly personify Link.
Its sucks that Nintendo refuses to give link a voice actor, I at least wish they would give him some lines like the rest of the characters.
I'm sure they could do it, and make it decent.

Exactly! And I could voice act Zelda. :D

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I think Link is better like that. A man of action than a man of words. But if giving him a voice actor, I guess I can fully support. But if seeing him like the Animation Series, I object.

B

BloodWulfNate

Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't change a thing about how he handles stuff.
I just wish that when someone asked him what his name was, he actually said "My Name Is Link, It Is Nice To Meet You"
Instead of it going like this " What is your name?" "Link? That's an odd name"

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i always thought of Link like Ferb from Phineas & Ferb, more of a man of action. i would be alright with Link having speech bubbles or even a few spoken lines every now and then, kinda like how he goes "COME ON" in Wind Waker. that, i wouldn't mind. but, as mentioned before, do NOT do it like teh CD i games or the Animated Series...

B

BloodWulfNate

I think the number of people who do like the Cd-I and The Animated Series voice acting is about the number of people who enjoyed the item you got for getting 40 Gold Skulltulas in Ocarina Of Time xD.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Am I the only one who doesn't want voice acting for Zelda? Don't get me wrong, I love several games which have voice acting, like Fable (which I at least feel has its similarities to Zelda), but for me one of the big charms with Zelda is the fact that the communication in the game is done primarily through text. I can't put my finger on it, but I love that. I love that the Great Deku Tree's dialogue is written in really old English. I think if there had been some actor saying those lines... it would just lose its charm.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Am I the only one who doesn't want voice acting for Zelda?
no misskitten, i don't want voice acting either... i only want Link to have a speech bubble every now and then... cuz that isn't so bad and it would still keep that Zelda charm... ^^

B

BloodWulfNate

Is anyone in favor with link at least having text?
His implied speech is irritating.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Well, I've always thought about Zelda falling behind in the eyes of several groups of gamers due to the modern standarts of presentation. I personally would like it if Link stayed quiet, after all, that's why he's named "Link". He's the player's link with the game. Like some kind of avatar. He's there to represent the player.

In fact, that's also why he's a bit androgynous. In case the player happens to be a female.

If he had voice acting, though, I'd say they should get this guy:

[video=youtube;72cwEkTW2Hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72cwEkTW2Hs[/video]

IHNo

The Other Side
I personally don't want Link to have a voice. His screams and shouts are the limit for me. I just like the fact that he's a silent hero; it seems sort of humbling and allows me to fit in his shoes more and enables me to connect with him as a character.
As to other Zelda characters having voice actors....eh, I'm not too sure. I've always loved the Zelda series for it's text and silent, poetic lines. Changing that won't be the end of the world, but it might irk me quite a bit. I guess if it's done right, I wouldn't criticize it too bad. I'm afraid of change, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom