• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Get A Voice Actor!!!! Share Your Thoughts!!!!

Should Link get a voice actor?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
So!! We know what the question is, now let's talk about it! My opinion is; I am torn between then totally screwing it up like (Excuuuuuuse me Princess), but then they could do a decent job. I guess my official take is No but that won't last long because we are entering the HD world now and they can't keep it up forever. I see maybe not the next Zelda game but the next next Zelda game it will happen regardless. What do you all think?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Last edited:

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
Interesting I never heard this. However I doubt it will hold up when we get to the HD age. With the Wii U.

no it would totally destroy the game for me, id still play it.....but id be frowning every time they spoke :(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Link already has a voice actor. Multiple ones, in fact. As to English voicing, though, I much agree with Azure Sage. Vic Mignogna, who voices Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, would do very well IMO for Link.

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
I don't think Link needs voice acting. I kinda think that Link can talk in the game like to the villagers, but we can't tell/hear what he's saying. Along with the hand movements and stuff.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I am very firmly with the no community and was very glad when Miyamoto said it will never be done. I wouldn't mind and would actually like to see other characters is the game have voice acting. However for me (and many other fans) Link's silence, even in text, has become as iconic as the green tunic he wears. There is no real reason Link needs to wear a green tunic but there would be outcry if he did not. These things have become part of the world we love and, while some would be ok with it, I think giving Link a voice would be a bit of a slap in the face to all those that have come to cherish and love the icon of the green clad, silent hero with his sword.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No. Link is "the link between the player and the game", which is why he never talks. It needs to stay that way, otherwise the authenticity of it feeling like we're in the adventure would be obliterated.

And I have a question. Why is this poll multiple choice?

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
No. Link is "the link between the player and the game", which is why he never talks. It needs to stay that way, otherwise the authenticity of it feeling like we're in the adventure would be obliterated.

And I have a question. Why is this poll multiple choice?

Because I'm kind of new! However I hope other characters get Voice actors and Link remains silent like in The Elder Scrolls. I hope they keep him silent, but I'm worried that the further we get into gaming the closer that horrid day comes.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Voice-acting in Zelda nah. I'm not for it. It just wouldn't be the same and besides I like using my own voice for the characters.

No Link doesn't need to talk. He is meant to be an avatar for the player. Also a lot of people have their own idea on how Link should sound and giving him a voice would ruin that.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
I'm sure they learned their mistake from The Legend of Zelda The Animated Series...yeah...

MW7

Voice-acting in Zelda nah. I'm not for it. It just wouldn't be the same and besides I like using my own voice for the characters.

You just provided my new favorite reason to oppose voice-acting haha. That's awesome that you do your own voice acting. I definitely oppose voice-acting but to be honest I'll be skipping cutscenes anyway (assuming they let us) so it doesn't really matter for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom