• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Die?

Zarom

The King
100 percent agree with Mater Kokiri 9. Link should never die. NEVER.

He is the HERO of the games! :):):):):) (See under my name)

Last edited:
V

voltarrow

of course not, he's the main character,even if sometimes makes dumb sounds

I do think that Link should die in one game just to mix up the games plot, But not to die completely, More like when Goku died in Dragonball Z to let his son win the fight to get stronger (but obviously not exactly the same as that seeing as Link doesn't have a son), But he could still fight a past boss or two in hell (or where ever it is the went to). It would be interesting and fun although maybe a little too far from the normal story for many fans liking.

I am highly against Link dieing for good in the series though, If that ever happened I just leave the Zelda Franchise alone until they got themselves straight.

Link...Die....No!!!!!!! That would be to much for zelda fans. We grew up with link as the hero and it would be awful for that to come true. Yes we have the other links but still Link is just to cool to die.

K

kgp4death

Sounds good kill Link in order to make a side game or two and then bring him back so now there is two Zelda stories happening at same time. Double the Zelda sounds good to me. Maybe Bruce Campbell should get the job....lol

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Well, I think that Link should face Ganon, Ganon then "kills" Link, but the Triforce of Courage protects him and sends him in a type of coma. Link then enters some weird world, where everything is in darkness. (It's just like the Twilight Zone, you have to save the people and do a type of side-quest) after that Link is returned and awakens outside of the castle.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I feel it would be good to let him die for plot, for a small portion of a game.

Switch to Sheik or someone for a dungon or two, switch up gameplay a bit, give some deus ex machina to bring him back to life so as to finish off the big bad....

Yeah, I could go for that.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I feel it would be good to let him die for plot, for a small portion of a game.

Switch to Sheik or someone for a dungon or two, switch up gameplay a bit, give some deus ex machina to bring him back to life so as to finish off the big bad....

Yeah, I could go for that.
I wouldn't let him die for even 1 second! I wouldn't care if Link was trapped in a dungeon and someone else had to save him but not die!

Neo

The One
In one of the future legend of zelda's should link die for good?I say if that does happened Shadow link should take over link's job and insted fighting the bad he and gandorf try to take over the good but princess zelda killed them all by useing the power of link's body.Or something like that.(And what I mean by power tape swords to him and then throw it at them)(LOL)

Uhm...no.

I would've taken this MUCH more seriously if you'd presented a valid argument such as:
"Link's death would add a tragic twist to the storyline. It is a common occurrence in epic tales for the hero to meet a tragic fate. Perhaps this theme would fit well to Zelda? What do you think?"

In response to my own writing, I honestly think that it wouldn't do much for the story. It's about Link and NOT the other characters, as important as they may be. If Link is dead, it would shift the focus to the other characters, which I believe would detract from the style of the series. It's supposed to put you into Link's shoes, and this would put you in the shoes of the other characters.

Besides, Nintendo will never do it, anyway.

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
I think it would be an interesting plot point if Link died temporarily in a Zelda game. Once Link dies, play as Zelda or Tetra or some other character until he is resurected (like in Chrono Trigger).

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
link dies a lot if the player is not skilled.

at the end of the game in a cut scene link should not die. don't you think that would bring tears to our eye's if the hero that we love were to die after you beat the game.

Z

zelda1947

absolutly not, what is zelda without link, and link without zelda. Link is the main person here. Not even going to think about it.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
What if there is alternate ending for the Zelda game? Such as if you killed Ganondorf you would get the first ending. If you don't have full power (Some Triforce Shards to collect) he would turn into Ganon and then "Kill" Link for a while and you would have a extra battle. Something like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom