• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Die?

S

Shawnogohma

OK, so, yes, this has already been said, but Link has died many times. That's why he has descendants.

But having him die IN the game wouldn't make sense.

Although, now that I think about it, Zelda games are never what you expect, so the next Zelda game might have him die after beating the final boss. I hope not though.

B

bob

Yes, I think that eventualy link will die but I dont think that it will be any time soon. The reason being link is making nintendo way to much money for them to even think about killing him.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I've always liked the theory that the reason Link has a pure heart (thus he is able to pull the Master Sword), is because Dark Link somehow ended up as the extraction of the evil in Link. If this were the case, Dark Link is a part of him. Would it somehow destroy Link if Dark Link was actually killed? DL has been destroyed in the past, sure. But it's assumed he went to the "evil jar". ;) Same as how Link hasn't actually killed monsters in the past.

I think it'd be a cool idea as a stand-alone game. Perhaps Link has to kill himself to save everyone else. Or something.

I like the idea of "a" Link actually raising a family. It would be obvious which Link it was (HoT, HoW, etc), just to help create a more established timeline. He has a wife and child (maybe several children). At the end of the game he dies, creating a big emotional mess, but leaves his line to live on. Or not, seeing as how TWW states that the HoW Link is not a descendant of the HoT Link.

Anyone ever wonder what happened to Link's father in OoT? I believe it only mentions his mother, right (been a while since I've played)? Perhaps he was a "Link"?

Last edited:
S

SethOmega

I think it would be cool for him to die, as long as he was brought back to life in the same game. Maybe you have to play as zelda to bring him back?

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
I personally think Link dying would be very cool.
Maybe once he died, his legacy could
be carried on to someone younger than him,
like his child or something..lol.
Very deep storyline.

M

majoraman3

should link die

Well the thing is, its: like there seems to be a different link in what seems like every different LOZ game. So its like hes been dead the whole time.:)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well i feel as though the Zelda series is loosely based off of religion in America. the goddesses represent God. the sages represent priests or reverends as does the King. Ganon/dorf represents maybe the son of the devil as opposed to representing the Devil and Link represents Jesus.

i know that Link doesnt ultimately sacrifice himself but he does put his life on the line and, in OoT, he sacrifices his whole childhood (even though he gets it back) to say the world from evil.

now if my theory on the game being based on religion is correct, then its possible that in some game they could have Link ultimately sacrificing himself for others.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
No way is Zelda an allegory for the Bible.

If that was the case, then you could relate every hero story to the Bible.
Beowulf = Bible?
Harry Potter = Bible?
Super Mario = Bible?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
No way is Zelda an allegory for the Bible.

If that was the case, then you could relate every hero story to the Bible.
Beowulf = Bible?
Harry Potter = Bible?
Super Mario = Bible?

lol and exactly how would you compare those to the bible?

Beowulf is jesus and grendel/grendels mother is the devil? wheres the god and who are the priests or reverends or pastors?

harry potter is all about magic which is completely against the bible (according to a very religious friend of mine) so that is a pretty false statement.

super mario? really? that doesnt even come close to anything i explained with Zelda.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Priests, reverends, and pastors are NOT in the Bible. The Bible is about Creation, and Jesus' miracle workings and his eventual persecution and resurrection.

Zelda has magic. Zelda is more or less 90% about magic. Why is that not "against" the Bible?

Super Mario:
Mario - Jesus
Bowser - Satan
Bowser Jr. - Damien
Toad & Company - Priests and whatever you said

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Priests, reverends, and pastors are NOT in the Bible. The Bible is about Creation, and Jesus' miracle workings and his eventual persecution and resurrection.

Zelda has magic. Zelda is more or less 90% about magic. Why is that not "against" the Bible?

Super Mario:
Mario - Jesus
Bowser - Satan
Bowser Jr. - Damien
Toad & Company - Priests and whatever you said

lol then who represents God in the mario series? all of Hyrule goes by the worshiping of the Goddesses. Mario doesnt worship anyone. he fights because he seems to have some infatuation with the princess. its not at all the same way. Link does save the princess like mario but he does it by means of help from the goddesses and sages who get their powers from the goddesses and other lesser gods in the games. this never happens in the mario series.

Zelda has magic in it. like miracles, right? im pretty sure jesus performed miracles in the bible that seem like magic...

and my point is that harry potter is about Wizards and Witches, which back in the day were hanged because the followers of God and Jesus said Wizards and Witches praise the Devil.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
The various power-ups had to be left by someone in the Mario-verse. Just because there's no deity ever named doesn't mean Mario is an atheist.

I'm sure Jesus never caused earthquakes, explosions, hurricanes, pillars of lightning to smite his enemies, changed night into day or visa versa, controlled peoples' minds, turned into a wolf, shot arrows, or shot beamst out of his sword either.

As for HP, just because it goes against the Church, doesn't mean it can't be related to it. *cough*TheLiontheWitchandtheWardrobe*cough*

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The various power-ups had to be left by someone in the Mario-verse. Just because there's no deity ever named doesn't mean Mario is an atheist.

I'm sure Jesus never caused earthquakes, explosions, hurricanes, pillars of lightning to smite his enemies, changed night into day or visa versa, controlled peoples' minds, turned into a wolf, shot arrows, or shot beamst out of his sword either.

As for HP, just because it goes against the Church, doesn't mean it can't be related to it. *cough*TheLiontheWitchandtheWardrobe*cough*

im pretty sure i said that i believe LoZ is LOOSELY based off of religion. i never once said that everything that happens to link happened to jesus. this is just what i think. sorry if you dont like it. jesus performed miracles (curing blindness and turning water to wine seems like magic to me). Link has items that perform magic. jesus walks on water. in OoT, link gets the boots that let him walk on air for a short time. jesus sacrificed himself for the rest of the world. link sacrifices himself (without dying but he puts his life on the line and knows he very well could die which is sacrifice to me) for all of Hyrule/Labrynna/Holodrum/The Great Sea/Koholint Island. just because it doesnt match perfectly doesnt mean its not possible. isnt he ever referred to as the savior of Hyrule and isnt jesus always called the lord and savior?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Yea, I could see some minor associations to the Bible, but what I'm saying is that a lot of hero epics and tales are built off the same formula.

Evil shows up.
Hero shows up, and is willing to risk it all to stop the evil for whatever reason.
Evil loses.
Sacrifices may or may not have been made by the hero.

So yes, Zelda does have some loose association with the formula of the story of Jesus, but what doesn't these days? It's a timeless story blueprint.

I also don't believe I ever responded to the original post. Ummm... I think Link should die at the end of all of this. I always thought the proper way to end the series was to have all three of them die in one final showdown.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i dont think i would have all three of them die. if Zelda dies then how does the royal family live on. that would cause the ending of Hyrule as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom