• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Die?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Meh. We already did that. We need something new!

But I guess people just love Link more. When Ganon dies, we're happy. When Link would die, we're not. D:

no no no, ganon is cool, i don 't want him to die either.
well he doesn 't die easly, every time he comes back.
anyway, i don 't want link to die, or ganon to die... and zelda... well she can die :lol:

no no no, ganon is cool, i don 't want him to die either.
well he doesn 't die easly, every time he comes back.
anyway, i don 't want link to die, or ganon to die... and zelda... well she can die :lol:

Yeah, Ganon/dorf is a cool character, he shouldn't die. Unless of course he actually did die in LoZ. But I don't think Zelda should die either, I mean the series is called the Legend of Zelda. And, neither should Link, of course.

Leix

Error
LINK CANNOT DIE.
HE IS THE ONE.

No but really, they can never ever have the holders of the triforce die. It simply dosen't work. Fanboy's minds would explode and fangirls would start a mob.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
LINK CANNOT DIE.
HE IS THE ONE.

No but really, they can never ever have the holders of the triforce die. It simply dosen't work. Fanboy's minds would explode and fangirls would start a mob.

My god, you just gave me the image of Morpheus sitting in front of Link stating "You are the one, Link".

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
We need guns.... Lots of guns...

Anyway, I don't think Link should, or will die... ever. It would ruin everything. And then there would be mobs, suicides, and World War 3 all because of it.

ok people time for some math class...

Link+Zelda+Ganon= GREAT ZELDA GAME!!! CHA! :clap:

so that means Great Zelda Game - Link (or zelda) = not so great game... (Majora's Mask is an exception to this law) So did you learn anything?

Last edited:

Hylian Hobbit

I think I get it... So: Link x pie = very good Zelda game. Because everyone loves Zelda, and everyone loves pie? Does that work?

W

Wareya

I'd expect that if link were to die, it would be a pretty major point in the game, and you would work through dungeons in the afterlife or something. Then he comes back, does stuff, defeats the antagonist (Who I hope is majora, they -REALLY- need to continue that one) and blah, world is safe, etc.

E

ebuch

Ohh... I would love it if Link died... It would have to work in a way that Link still saves the world, meaning he would have to die in order to save it. Give up his life for it or something. Otherwise the evil would still exist, and the story wouldn't be able to continue. That would be so awesome if he used all of his remaining powers of the goddesses in order to save the kingdom... Then like somehow, he is still there with them, in like a spiritual sense, like, you can feel his presence in the air or something. A part of him will always be there, since he used his powers to protect everything. I get hyped just thinking about it. It would be a stronger plot if it was Link's death, rather than another person in the story. Cause it would make the player feel as if all is lost since the Hero is gone, but yet, he is still watching over them. I don't know how else to say it, anybody else think that would be cool?

Hylian Hobbit

Well when you put it the way you did then, I have to agree with you. It would be pretty cool. But it would have to be done just right so that you get a good feeling that sticks with you after the game is finished. Now you got me all hyped from thinking about it. lol.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Link dying and then being resurrected would be pretty cool, I think.

But plotwise to kill off the "line of the hero" would be unwise. Too many complications, and it throws off allready inconsistant timeline stuff from Nintendo.

The idea might make for one game, but I could never see it for more than that.

Link dying and then being resurrected would be pretty cool, I think.

But plotwise to kill off the "line of the hero" would be unwise. Too many complications, and it throws off allready inconsistant timeline stuff from Nintendo.

The idea might make for one game, but I could never see it for more than that.

Maybe Link would die, then the player would have to play as Zelda for a little to resurrect Link. Not very Zelda-ish, I know, but it would be neat.

Ohh... I would love it if Link died... It would have to work in a way that Link still saves the world, meaning he would have to die in order to save it. Give up his life for it or something. Otherwise the evil would still exist, and the story wouldn't be able to continue. That would be so awesome if he used all of his remaining powers of the goddesses in order to save the kingdom... Then like somehow, he is still there with them, in like a spiritual sense, like, you can feel his presence in the air or something. A part of him will always be there, since he used his powers to protect everything. I get hyped just thinking about it. It would be a stronger plot if it was Link's death, rather than another person in the story. Cause it would make the player feel as if all is lost since the Hero is gone, but yet, he is still watching over them. I don't know how else to say it, anybody else think that would be cool?

Now that would be an interesting way to end a game. It wouldn't be very bad for the series, because another Link could still be in a new game. I think it would be cool, and maybe be a little more realistic, which I think would fit the new Zelda game for Wii, because I think it's going to be a very realistic one. Except for the things like Link being able to fit a Ball and chain into his pocket of course :D.

I would love it. That sounds so awesome. Somehow he dies but Ganon still loses in the end, somehow. Or, he dies, you play as Zelda or someone else for a little bit, and then he comes back to life and kills Ganondorf. Both awesome in my mind.

Kybyrian

No, I don't think that link should die. Of course it wouldn't be too bad and I wouldn't be to against it. Like in Chrono Trigger they killed off the main character, Chrono, but got him to come back to life later in the game. But that's beside the point.

I think it would just be sort of stupid to get link killed off.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I do not think he should die. No! But a different antagonist should work fine. I do not want to see Ganon in the next Zelda. Want something different!

What if zelda dies or somthing like that.Or what if Hyrules dies and then your fight in space and if Gandorf dies you go back in time and and that never happened.:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom