• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Should it have been a Hyrule Warriors game?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
As a person who loves action in video games, this game is awesome. As a person who likes lore and hidden details in video games, this game is painful. There are so many locations that are jam packed with lore or fascinating information if you stop and look for it, but that's kind of hard to do. The fast paced nature of the game makes cool pre-destruction constructions into stone blurs blocking the path to your next horde of enemies. All I want to do when I'm playing is stop, whip out botw, find the exact location, and make comparisons. But that's a tricky thing to stop and do.
Do you think the game could have benefitted from lot being done in a HW style? The main purpose of a prequel is to give lore and build upon thing we already knew, but the style of gameplay kind of disrupts that.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I never really had a hard time stopping to admire the details. Just wipe out all the mobs in that spot and look around. You're almost never in an actual rush to go to the next spot. The only exception would be if you've gotta save an allied captain that's being attacked by monsters. Otherwise you don't actually have a time limit unless explicitly told otherwise. Every story map I took my sweet time to run around and examine the environments. It being a Warriors game did not stop me from doing that.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I wouldn't have wanted to the game to be in any format other than a Warriors game. The story scenario fits that style of gameplay perfectly, since the center of attention is the world being on the edge of apocalypse rather than taking in the sights and sounds like in BotW.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
As a person who loves action in video games, this game is awesome. As a person who likes lore and hidden details in video games, this game is painful. There are so many locations that are jam packed with lore or fascinating information if you stop and look for it, but that's kind of hard to do. The fast paced nature of the game makes cool pre-destruction constructions into stone blurs blocking the path to your next horde of enemies. All I want to do when I'm playing is stop, whip out botw, find the exact location, and make comparisons. But that's a tricky thing to stop and do.
Do you think the game could have benefitted from lot being done in a HW style? The main purpose of a prequel is to give lore and build upon thing we already knew, but the style of gameplay kind of disrupts that.

I mean, isn't it already? Hyrule Warriors seems more about the chaos and scale of the battles while pulling off insane combos against enemies who barely react (except for bosses, of course). Additionally, I still wouldn't see the point of a strict prequel that only tells us stuff we already know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom