• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Should It Come with a Physical Map?

Gomp

Love, loving life!
I do not think I asked this here in this forum. But it is something I think about a lot.

Would it not be neat if this game came with a physical map, to make tribute to the original?

I really think it would be neat, and a true gift to long time fans!

I fear it will not happen, though .. As now a days one hardly get a physical manual .. :(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I highly doubt we'll get a map, although it would be very cool and frankly quite helpful. They MIGHT, just MIGHT do it as a pre order bonus, but I'm not holding my breath. Nintendo is all about the game after all, not the cool art. :O

DarkLink17

Well then
I think this occuring is very unlikely as well, but there is always another opportunity. Lately, Primas collectors edition Zelda guides come with physical maps. This could go the same way with ALBW. The only problem with these maps is that they are more like art, rather than to actually aid your quest ( they are very vague and usually just show main regions).

Gomp

Love, loving life!
I think this occuring is very unlikely as well, but there is always another opportunity. Lately, Primas collectors edition Zelda guides come with physical maps. This could go the same way with ALBW. The only problem with these maps is that they are more like art, rather than to actually aid your quest ( they are very vague and usually just show main regions).

That is what I like about them.. Brings some aspects of reality, in to the game-world! :D

Big Octo

=^)
As the others have said, it's unlikely that it will come with a map in the standard edition. However, that would be a very nice treat and possibly helpful edition. Some TES games come with a fold-out map that you can put on your wall, which is pretty nifty. It would be quite nice to have a Zelda map on my wall as well. If this is actually done, I hope it's done in that style.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I think this would be a really good idea for a special edition or something, especially if they make a pretty big and diverse world. I really like having little things like a map with a game, it's just really cool :3

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Maps came with the first three games, at least - I don't recall if Link's Awakening did. In LoZ and AoL, they were rather essential, as there was no in-game map to rely on. The AoL map was particularly needed, as it gave a lot of the place names like Parapa Desert, and Moruge Swamp - areas alluded to by villagers giving hints. In the old cRPG days, you used to try to match where you were on the screen to the illustrated map included in the box.

Now, such items are basically display pieces made obsolete by in-game analogs - a cool add-in, but rather unnecessary.

Salem

SICK
Maps came with the first three games, at least - I don't recall if Link's Awakening did. In LoZ and AoL, they were rather essential, as there was no in-game map to rely on. The AoL map was particularly needed, as it gave a lot of the place names like Parapa Desert, and Moruge Swamp - areas alluded to by villagers giving hints. In the old cRPG days, you used to try to match where you were on the screen to the illustrated map included in the box.

Now, such items are basically display pieces made obsolete by in-game analogs - a cool add-in, but rather unnecessary.
It helps that the in-game map is not to the scale of the illustrated map.:)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i agree this will probably not happen, but it would be nice. i think if they include a map, with the basic edition of the game it would have the Hyrule on one side and the Dark World on the other. However a really cool pre-order bonus would be two ALBW artwork posters, and on the other side would be the map, like say a poster with link like the picture on the Nintendo Direct page, with Hyrule on the back side, then a poster of the Logo, or Zelda, or any other significant character with the dark world or the back side. this way while playing the game, you can hang up the maps, then when you are done Turn them around for Posters!

It would be cool if the idea came to be, and would be cool if one of the posters had the villan on it, but if you open up the box and see the poster with the villain on it, then there and automatic spoiler before you have even played the game!

jack546

The chosen one
I don't want a physical map to come with the game. If there is one I'm not going to look at it. I want to experience the world like link, seeing the areas for the first time as I visit them.

Gomp

Love, loving life!

Could you provide some proof of that?

I know The first Zelda game came with a map .. (I own every single game, several copies.)
And I know A LINK TO THE PAST came with a map .. (For the same reason.)

But I have never seen a map for ADVENTURE OF LINK .. And I never seen any slight hint of it having ever been released with a physical map ..

Please show me a link or other proof? I must have missed that one completely..

I am not trying do disprove you, I just will not take your word for it alone, as I until proven wrong, knows that AOL never came with a physical map .. ;)

Edit: I just realized you must be speaking of the map in the booklet that came with AOL ..

What I mean by physical map.. Was a physical fold out map! Like a poster! ..

I am sorry, I should have specified that in the topic! PS: If it did come with a physical fold out map though, please provide some source links! :)

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Hrm. Indeed. The map I was thinking of was actually in the manual. Apologies, twenty-five years of opening boxes sometimes clouds the memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom