• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Rent or Buy This?

J

JohnLaurinaitis

People Power says you should,Rent the game for the lowest price you can, maybe a couple of days, and see if you like it. If you do, then return it, go to a store and buy it, if you don't, then don't buy it.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I would definitely buy it. This is because if you play it and don't like it after buying it, it's not like ur stuck with it forever. You can trade it in to gamestop for at least $20 store credit. Which is not too shabby. And if you like it, you now have an excellent game that you can play again and again.

Well, if it were me, I'd buy it. Because, you know. It's Zelda. That's kind of a bad reason.. Ahem, anyway. Rent it first if you want to, so you can make sure you're buying a game that you know you'll like. :)

Last edited:

Skunk

Floof
It depends on if you would like to finish it and return it or just play it and return it. For the first, I recommend buying it, for the second, renting it.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
I highly recommend the game. I may be biased because I... uh... just plain love it, but seriously, I think anybody would love it.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
If you think you can complete it in the week or so allowed on the rental, then go for it, but unless you have tons of game time you should buy it because it is pretty long and there is hero mode after each normal file playthrough, you should probably rent then buy if you like it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have to say this: the point of renting a game is to see if the player likes it or not. You know, it is like playing a game on the demo stand to test it out. So telling domo to "buy it if you can't complete it in a week" isn't good advice; you should tell him to rent it to see if the controls will work, if the game has a nice setup, if the first couple steps leave him wanting more.

R

RiseoftheGerudo

This is a great game, and I dont really think there's a point in renting it. It's just so long! :D

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
BUY BUY BUY!

SS is one of my favourite games ever. I payed £60 for the collectors edition and hardback guide. I got a golden wiimote and CD. I do not regret this, it was money well spent.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
I think you should buy. Its a great and VERY long game, average of about 50 hours worth. And then if you don't like it you can trade it in at gamestop and get some instore credit =D BUT I don't think you'll be disappointed, besides you can't judge a game by the beginning. Sometimes games can be really weird but as the game progresses it gets amazing. ^_^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I honestly would tell you to buy the game, but after reading this
I have to say this: the point of renting a game is to see if the player likes it or not
I changed my mind. I love Skyward Sword, it is an amazing experience that anyone should experience, but I do recognize that the motion controls are faulty for some players in some areas. Spin attacks don't register, shield is too sensitive/not sensitive enough, etc. So I would give the game a RENT, but make sure you have at least 10 hours real life time to play the game, as cutscenes will definitely cut into your game time. If you like what you see, or maybe if you want more, you should definitely pick the game up for a BUY! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom