• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Rent or Buy This?

domo

I think my head stopped hurting finally
When i play video games, i like to buy the ones i know im gonna love. I dont like renting games I'm gonna love cause then i have to return them. And if they're okay games i only rent them. In your opinion, should I buy or rent Skward Sword?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Rent Skyward Sword. There are many problems that certain people face with this game, but the primary one is the motion controls going awry in the midst of things, or just plain not having the controls work. So rent it at first to see if the game will work for you. If so, go out and buy it (most stores allow you to buy the game with the rental price taken off)!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
When i play video games, i like to buy the ones i know im gonna love. I dont like renting games I'm gonna love cause then i have to return them. And if they're okay games i only rent them. In your opinion, should I buy or rent Skward Sword?
If you have the ability to rent before you buy, do so! Although I agree with Vanitas that the motion controls go a bit crazy sometimes, they're still pretty good. Also Skyward Sword's a long game with a great story, characters, dungeons, ect. You might like it! Rent it first though. ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Definitely buy it. It's a worthy title in the series and arguably its best yet. I won't dare say the game is flawless, as it has a few nagging issues, but it's most definitely worthy of a 10/10 in my book. Both as a video game and a Zelda game.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Rent it before you buy, if you like Skyward Sword and don't really dislike anything about it, then you might want to buy it.

I would buy it. The game is really fun and I thought it was pretty amazing. It will take you like minimum 30 hours to beat and up to 50 hours or so to get everything. So if you rent it and play 2 hours a day, it will take over two weeks to beat it, which would cost you a good amount.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'd personally buy it, but as others have said, you could perhaps rent the game first just to try it out. It's definitely worth purchasing, though.

zellinkda

one of many
I would rent it before you buy it. It's an amazing game, however, everyone is different and you may not like it as much as you thought. I highly recommend it, but it's for sure not my favorite

"gamefly before you buy" lol :lol:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
depends,if you're expecting a mindblowing game,one that's definitely worth the title of the best wii game and best zelda game.....rent it,its not THAT good of a game
but if you're not expecting anything,only have seen a couple of trailers that don't really set your expectation as high as that,the id say its probably worth a purchase

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
It's definitely worth buying, in my opinion. If you want to rent it just to check it out, go for it. I can almost bet you, within the first hour you're playing it, you'll be like, "I gotta buy this!"

Fig

The Altruist
I recommend that if you have the ability, rent the game first! Though I would by any Zelda game in no time flat, I want you to first try out the game and then tell yourself if the game was worth the effort of renting after you completed it. Some people actually rent the game first and if they like it, then they actually buy the game itself! I'm always amazed when people do that, because they don't mind to spend even more money on a game that they just rented. To me, that shows a lot of passion and respect for the game(s) itself. First rent it, and you don't like it, just send it back; however; if you find yourself enjoying the game as it progresses, then it is your choice to buy it or not. You could always buy it just so you can say you have it in your collection! Have fun playing one of Nintendo's most epic games of all time! ^^

It's important to note that you are posting this on a Zelda forum and that the majority of replies you receive will be inherently biased towards Skyward Sword. As Fig suggested, it's always better to rent a game and play through it a bit first in order to see if you enjoy playing the title. I'm not a fan of the process but it's certainly better to be safe and story. Zelda is a single player game obviously and any replay value is found in 100%ing the game and subsequently in such challenges as speed and minimalist runs. If you've found yourself fascinated with doing these kinds of actions in previous Zelda game, then I definitely suggest Skyward Sword.

You also have to assess your values as a gamer prior to any purchase. Skyward Sword centers on its robust gameplay mechanics and story. If you're not into long introductions and reading a plethora of text boxes then you might want to reconsider. Also reflect upon your previous experiences with the Wii and its motion controls. Did you enjoy the greater precision offered by the Wii Remote or did you find it cumbersome? This is a definite factor to keep in mind prior to purchasing the game.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
For most Zelda Games I would say buy it all the way but due to the fact that SS is diffrent than other Zelda games and I know a few disliked the game I would recommend you rent it and then buy it if you like it. Since this game has a lot less exploring and a lot more puzzles, (which is what I love about SS) it may not be a favirote to some. But still try it out, that's what I always due even if it is in such an amazing series as Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom