• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Rebuy N64?

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Well, I was thinking if I should rebuy it? It's only 25 bucks and it's in great condition. Also, i never played MM and always wanted too, so is it worth it?

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
The N64 had a lot of fun and famous games on it, many of which were remade and/or ported onto modern systems. If you like the idea of collecting and playing the original games along with ones unique to the system, then go for it, it seems like a good deal. If not, then buy the Gamecube version of the game. It's called "The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition". It comes with The Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and a demo of Wind Waker. It has some small sound and framerate issues, but it's not too bad. You can play it on the Wii if you don't have a Gamecube, but you still need a memory card and a controller.

Just so you know, you need an expansion pak to play Majora's Mask on the N64, and a rumble pak would also help, although it's not required.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I still have my N64, and play it every once in a while. But it all depends on if you want to truly have that classic feel. If you simply want to play MM, Collector's Edition is your best bet, since you won't need to purchase an expansion pak.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I still have my N64, and play it every once in a while. But it all depends on if you want to truly have that classic feel. If you simply want to play MM, Collector's Edition is your best bet, since you won't need to purchase an expansion pak.
Yeah. How much would an expansion pak be?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Yeah. How much would an expansion pak be?

Nowadays, probably a few dollars online or something. Anyway, I have a 64, the same one I've had since I was...4 in 2001. I got it on sale at the end of it's lifetime, before the GameCube was introduced. I still play it, but I'm afraid it's going to die on me. It scared me over the summer, and it also overheats if you play for 3 hours or more, but that really only happens on school breaks. I've bought most of the 64 games I have on Wii Virtual Console, but I just have SO MUCH NOSTALGIA with the original 64, and I find the controller fits the best in my hand, but maybe that's the memories of my childhood talking. :)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Well that depend on what games if most of the games you want are on the Wii then get them on the Wii's Virtual Console unless you don't own a Wii if that's the case then you should get another N64.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Pokemon stadium? Nahh...
Star Fox is a yes. now my question is, should I just wait until the Wii U and buy it on that Virtual Console??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom