• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Should i preorder or wait?

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
So i really want breath of the wild so i've been considering preordering it for wii u but i am definitely getting nx at launch and im hoping there will be a zelda bundle so should i hold out for that or should i make sure i have a copy of the wii u version?

Preorder from a retailer that will allow you to cancel the pre-order and get your deposit back. Ask before hand to make sure this is ok. Then if you don't like what the NX is you can jsut later on get the WiiU BotW and cancel your NX order.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Preorder from a retailer that will allow you to cancel the pre-order and get your deposit back. Ask before hand to make sure this is ok. Then if you don't like what the NX is you can jsut later on get the WiiU BotW and cancel your NX order.
True

Just pre-order from amazon. Especially if you are a prime member, as you may get a 20% discount. On top of that, you can also cancel any time and you don't actually pay until it releases. I do most of my pre-orders through amazon now. But it also locks you in should pre-orders sell out.

I too plan to get an NX at launch, but we'll see. Right now we aren't 100% sure BoTW is a launch game, but most signs point to it being so.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
The day it got its name, I happened to go to gamestop and they could have it preordered for me. I did so. Luckily I can cancel I'd I choose to to get it on NX

The NX is supposed to be more powerful than the Wii U, so to avoid lag in the game, I would assume buying BotW for the NX would be the best idea. The physics do look very sophisticated, and they will probably be harder to process later in the game when enemies and stuff are more complicated.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
There are but THREE universal rules that must NEVER be broken:

1.) Never piss on another man's rug.

2.) Never go full ******.

3.) and most importantly, NEVER PREORDER.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly

You're going to give someone money for something they haven't even finished making yet? Why? There is no reason for you to. This does not benefit you in any way (and despite what the store says, there will be plenty of copies on release day and whatever pre-order "bonus" they're offering - trust me, it ain't worth it.)

What if you pay them up front and the game is crap? What if it doesn't even work? Why even purchase it on release day, much less several months in advance? (or weeks or whatever).

Regardless, pre-order "culture" (yes, it's a thing because it is completely out of control) is BAD industry practice. It is bad practice PERIOD. It has been used to grossly exploit consumers many times and bad behavior should not be encouraged.

Ask everyone who preordered Battlefield 3 how they feel about it.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
@Castle sometimes, particularly for consoles, the product can be out of stock. This conversation is kind of silly, because what determines preorder is, desire for product, availability, and quality insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom