• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Get the Wii?

M

macsareback

Don't answer just because you love Nintendo, If they are releasing a new console i don't want to spend the money on the wii then have an outdated console immediately. That is something I want to avoid, so should I get the Wii or wait and just buy the 3ds?

Nicole

luke is my wife
I personally think you should. There are a lot of fun games for Wii that you cannot get the full experience or even play on the 3DS, like the upcoming Skyward Sword, Mario Karts, etc. But you should decide for yourself which you would like more. Remember the pros and cons of having a console campared to a handheld, and vice versa. Regardless, I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase.

The 3DS is only going to have a few games at first, the big releases will take longer to come around.

Whilst the Wii already has an impressive collection of games. If you want it, I'd say get it, and just wait for the 3DS to become a little cheaper, or for more games to be released that interest you.

Maybe give yourself a limit of, say, 5 definite games you want, for each console, then you know which is worth your while.

Personally I think the Wii's great, but then again I've had it since Christmas 2006.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I personally have enjoyed having a Wii, and think it's a good system with fun games. I'm sure the 3DS will be too. Nintendo is very good at putting out great handheld games. It is a new system but it's not going to be their a main one like the Wii. So I don't think the bigger titles will be released on it. Another plus I believe the 3DS will have download content, such as old handheld games. How much at first I don't know. Like TFWTH said there won't be too many game at it's release. May even be a little slow getting them for a while. I am unfamiliar on what games have been said to be coming out for the 3DS.

The question I think you should be asking yourself is, how many games are you interested on the Wii and upcoming, or do you think more of what you'll like is going to be on the 3DS? Also what will you think you'd enjoy more, having a handheld system or a home console like the Wii?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Don't answer just because you love Nintendo, If they are releasing a new console i don't want to spend the money on the wii then have an outdated console immediately. That is something I want to avoid, so should I get the Wii or wait and just buy the 3ds?
It depends.
There are about two, maybe three dozen Wii games that are really good. The rest is mediocre or worse. Those that are good, are really awesome, though. Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 (or get the Metroid Prime collection if you don't have the Gamecube games already), Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Resident Evil 4, uper Paper Mario, New Super Mario Bros., just to name a few.

Announced for the 3DS is a similar amount of top-tier games. Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Paper Mario, Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, Starfox, Splinter Cell, Super Street Fighter IV, Mario Kart, Bomberman, Contra, Professor Layton, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Sonic... Yes, most of those are remakes, but they are remaking the best games from each series, and if you haven't played the original, it doesn't matter anyway.

Both Wii and 3DS are backwards-compatible. You can play Gamecube games on the Wii (adding gems like Eternal Darkness, Paper Mario 2, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Wind Waker, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3 and Code: Veronica, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Splinter Cell 1-4, Bomberman Generations and Beyond Good and Evil), and you can play regular DS games on the 3DS (among which are Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy 3 and 4, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart DS, Professor Layton 1-3 or New Super Mario Bros). Both will have a Virtual Console, allowing you to buy downloadable classics (NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Master System, Commodore 64, Neo Geo, PC-Engine and WiiWare games on the Wii, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance and DSWare games on the 3DS, with Game Gear, Lynx and WonderSwan titles sure to follow).

As for other built-in features, both have a web browser. The 3DS will be able to play movies in 3D (like Up, Toy Story 3 or Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland), but a full list of titles (and when they will be available) has yet to be announced. On the other hand, the Wii has stuff like the Check Mii Out channel, the News channel and the Weather Channel.

If I were you, I'd probably wait for the 3DS. But you won't regret either of the two. And they haven't announced a successor to the Wii yet.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm going to go with the Wii. Like someone else previously stated it already has a large collection of games. The 3DS will too, but how long from now? You could always wait for a new version to come out in two years like always or for it to drop price a bit.

But it's your choice, which one do you see yourself enjoying more? 3D or Motion?

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Looking upon the wii, it is quite suitable for mostly any gamer. It all depends on what games you like, for the regular gamer I would recomend the wii. Although I do not own a wii its most likely one of the more interesting systems out there compared to the next gens. But, I would say wait it off; you never know when Nintendo is going to announce a new system with better graphics sound and overall functions. i.e the 3ds.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
You should get a Wii. you can get them cheap for around $100-$120 and most of the games have gone down in price. It is a great system with a lot of unique games that arn't on any other system.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
The Wii actually costs less than the 3DS. I say just follow the advice of all of the rest of the nice people here. :)

M

macsareback

Bought the Wii and TP today, Wiimote was dead. So I gotta get batteries and eventually rechargeable ones. I would love for Nintendo to make an HD adapter, but they probably won't.

Bought the Wii and TP today, Wiimote was dead. So I gotta get batteries and eventually rechargeable ones. I would love for Nintendo to make an HD adapter, but they probably won't.

You could get the Component Cables, it ups the resolution to 480p (that's as high as the Wii goes but it isn't so bad). http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...goryId=63205&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

I also want to add that on the Wii you can get on the Wii Shopping Channel and download retro games from the NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, and a few more systems.

jugglaj91

I am me....
It is up to you in the long run. Do you want to be at home when you play or do you want to be able to game on the go? If price is an issue then the wii. If not then either will be fine. As said before the 3ds wont have many exclusives at first but look at the whole library of ds games and go from there. There are also a few dsiware games that you should be able to transfer, well buy in the 3ds as well. Both have their good and bad but it is nintendo and where you are you going to get great games like mario or zelda.

D

Deleted member 6224

the 3ds is goin to be realesed with 30+ games but the wiii alredy has alot of games and f you want the 3ds you have to wait

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Personally It depends on what ur looking for do you want newer games(Wii) or are you looking for older handheld games(3DS)

I say this about the 3DS cuz I've heard alot more about the 3DS's VC than unique games on the 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom