• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Buy A Replacement DS?

What Should I do?

• Move on and Sell what you have

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
So I mislaid my DS at school and it is now stolen. I don't expect to ever see it again.

I still would loec to play MM, OoT, and many other Zelda games that I have for the DS, and want to use it for Smashing at school still, but don't want to pay a whole 200$ for an outgoing system.

I am considering 3 options:

A normal 2ds (Because it's cheap. Downside is the design flaws and lack of 2 buttons)

A "New" Nintendo 2ds XL (Because it's newer and nicer. Downside is the price)

Moving on and selling all of my physical games

What should I do and why?

No! I hated the DS didn't even get one... IMO there was way better stuff, just get a PSP instead.

Shocker but like one of the only games I remember liking is just like one of the Zelda DS games (Spirit Tracks, I didn't like the look of hourglass) and like 4 other games... and that's it... so I don't know... if you really like the DS maybe you should give it a shot but as a random person's opinion the DS was a failure similar to the Wii from a game dimension.

Even Nintendo admits neither one was supposed to be a successor to the GBA or to the Gamecube, it was just a fun experiment sorta deal and honestly it just ended up making so much money how could they not support it.

But then it got worse, all they did was lose continuity and now we never even got a GBA successor, although I can sort of accept the Wii U as a long awaited Gamecube successor.

I think the DS was just popular mainly because it cashed in on old Nintendo (90s and 80s fans) nostalgia with a lot of Mario and kind of shovvelly-ware stuff and cheap tie ins but most of the games just sucked.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
No! I hated the DS didn't even get one... IMO there was way better stuff, just get a PSP instead.

Shocker but like one of the only games I remember liking is just like one of the Zelda DS games (Spirit Tracks, I didn't like the look of hourglass) and like 4 other games... and that's it... so I don't know... if you really like the DS maybe you should give it a shot but as a random person's opinion the DS was a failure similar to the Wii from a game dimension.

Even Nintendo admits neither one was supposed to be a successor to the GBA or to the Gamecube, it was just a fun experiment sorta deal and honestly it just ended up making so much money how could they not support it.

But then it got worse, all they did was lose continuity and now we never even got a GBA successor, although I can sort of accept the Wii U as a long awaited Gamecube successor.

I think the DS was just popular mainly because it cashed in on old Nintendo (90s and 80s fans) nostalgia with a lot of Mario and kind of shovvelly-ware stuff and cheap tie ins but most of the games just sucked.
I grew up on the DS. I have most of my Zelda games on there, and Smash. I'd hate to never play them again anad have that wasted money

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Theyre probably releasing other games on 3ds and you can get 'pink' Link on the New3DS....

They just announced a hylian shield version of the 2ds xl. Why not go for that? Looks ideal for what you want it for but also could possibly have the collector value too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom