• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Should I Be Satisfied?

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I recently got a job and it pays 7.85 an hour, not a lot and im part time. I try not to spend willy nilly but I had to purchase Link between Worlds. It will be here tomorrow. I don't get paid until later this week..but I couldn't resist the urge to buy Ocarina of Time 3D (digitally). Even after countless protests about how I will not buy a game over 10 years old that is 40 bucks...but I did. $42.87? I believe was the price. It's almost finished, so I'll be playing some of that (after recently playing Link to the Past and I'm almost finish with it).

The last time I officially had Ocarina of Time was in 2004 on Gamecube. Other times I played on Project 64. Now I have the 3D (even though its just an upscaled version/port of the same game with new models and effects).

I am broke again basically. Was this a wise purchase? SHould I simmer down and wait until I can actually afford games? I dont pay bills or anything but I don't want to be caught paying left to right for games especially since I'm mostly busy with school and work.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
$42.87? That's pretty steep.

If it's a game you love and will play over and over then a case can be made that it is worth it, in the end. But I'm certain you would have found a boxed copy for a lot cheaper if you'd had a browse around some stores.

It sounds like an impulse buy, for the convenience of downloading it direct. We've all been there and we'll all be there again at some point. As long as you feel the game is still worth a full price tag then I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Just enjoy an excellent game with the added convenience of being able to play it on the toilet.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I agree, it was merely an impulse buy. Is it worth the 40? I wouldn't say so. 20 maybe. I like the new models and the graphic upgrades as well as the motion controls and touch screen ease (lets face it, the Water Temple was a real pain in the original). I was breathing a few "sighs" when playing OoT 3D, possibly because I've beaten the game a dozen times. The only thing keeping me going is the new stuff. Maybe to some it may be worth 40, but to me? Far from it. In fact, when I get LbW, I'll probably be playing it a lot more. Oh well, I can be happy that my 3DS collection keeps increasing now that I have 9 games.

I bought the game along with my 3DS so I could get that pretty awesome looking Zelda edition model. But I can sympathize with having the impulse to pay full price for a game that's ancient at this point.

I'm assuming, by your age, that you might be a lot like me in the way that OoT was something you poured a lot of time into during you childhood. That may not be the case at all, but that's just what my first impression would be. If it's a very nostalgic game that you can enjoy even to this day, I don't think the full 40 was all that bad of a deal. There's a lot of value in re-capturing the fun you might've had as a kid, and I definitely felt like OoT3D was well worth what I paid. But if you don't find the game enjoyable today, or just wasn't a fan back then, yeah, 40 is probably too steep of a price to pay. At any rate, I do think that ALBW is a better buy at this point, just because it's fresh and new. I still prefer OoT as a game, but ALBW is an amazing new game in its own right.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
OOT3D is definitely worth it. It's an N64 classic made portable! The inclusion of the Master Quest, which is almost a whole extra game, increases the value.

$42.87 is pretty pricey for a 3DS game, especially one that is over 2 years old. I'm sure you could've found a better price somewhere. That being said, it is still a great game, so I think you'll end up being pleased with the money you spent, despite overpaying slightly.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
So I did some conversion and $42.87 is £26.10... which is a pretty good price in my opinion? At least average for a 3DS game. If you don't have bills to pay then I say stop worrying and just enjoy playing a good game.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Is a Zelda game worth over 40 USD? Yes. Is a remake of a Zelda game worth over 40 USD. Depends on who you ask. I Personally think 40 USD is a good cap unless you're making money off of games like a reviewer or a pro player. (Or you just have that much money to spending willy nilly)

I see this as more of a Personal issue rather than a Zelda issue.
First is impulse buying which I do not recommend unless its done only every once in a while (like one every 7 months or something) and there isn't anything important that you need money for.

Two is saving, which you should always do when you have income regardless of bills to pay.

Three is your word. Saying you won't buy a game and then doing it shows how much you value your own word. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

And if you feel that you have a problem with buying games, or something that could develop into a problem, its best to get it under control now while its early and resist.

All in all, if you want to get serious about yourself when it comes to money, I suggest making a budget and sticking to it. This will help all the areas I just mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom