• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Hero Mode Overwrite Your File?

Should Hero Mode delete your save file?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I played WW and I was so mad when I finished the game and it overwrote my good file. OoT3D and master quest had it's own set of save files so I liked that because you can keep collecting everything until you've 100% completed the game. In SS I almost made the same mistake as WW, but I copied my file just in case.
Do you think that Hero mode and other harder modes should overwrite your file?

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
You can always duplicate your non-heromode file. I am undecided about this issue... but I do think that it would be nicer if it saved in a separate file. This is entirely up to Nintendo though.

Nope, but I gave in a deleted my old file so I could play Hero Mode. However, this problem can be easily avoided by duplicating your save file to another file slot before the final boss.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i would have preferred it to save on a new file but wasn't THAT fussed about losing my old data. I don't 100% games much, anyway.

Well, I think it would have been nice, but they made room for completing everything 100% at the end of hero's mode. Sure starting hero's mode overwrote your file, but when you finish hero's mode whether you 100% it or not it asks to save BEFORE the final fight. This leaves room to 100% it if that is why you desire to have a separate file.

MW7

Ideally they'd take what Ocarina of Time 3d did a step further and just let you play the harder mode first. I can say for sure that I personally would never have touched the normal mode of Skyward Sword if Hero Mode had been available from the start.

NO
I hate that about 2nd quests
I had all upgrades, and almost all heart pieces on my original file . . . Thank God I copied it before I started Hero Mode, as I anticipated it to be a repeat of the Wind Waker xD

No, they should use the OoT3D system in the menu that you can choose if you wanna play Hero Mode or Normal Mode.

Just make a duplicate copy of the Hero Mode file before you play the game. Or save the ending of your first playthrough so that you can just finish that part and get Hero Mode again. That's what I did.

No, they should allow gamers the option of starting on a new game save slot. Though for me it didn't really matter, since I had completed it 100% before finishing my game.

Deeds

no text
there's not really a reason for it to overwrite your file, I feel it's silly. So no, it shouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom