• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should core Pokemon games have different end game goals?

Core Pokemon games are all aboit being the very best and showing the League what you're worth...

But the Pokemon world is a big and interesting one, what if beating the League wasn't the only way to go?

What about becoming a gym leader and defending your gym against daily challengers?

What about becoming a researcher by studying Pokemon in the wild by photographing them (like Sun and Moon) and feeding them rather than catching them?

Should core games have different goals outside of the League?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
i think the idea of becoming a gym leader would be cool, each time you visit a new challenger awaits you.
Choosing to become a safari guide would be awesome to cuz lets face it out of all trainers in the game you're the only one to claim literal gods as pets.

I'd like a game in the series where you do what your doing and it turns out yer actually a member of team (Insert generic brand bad group name here) and you become the leader of em.

But yeah i feel like pokemon games are far to linear, gather several badges, confront rival, after 3rd badge mini set up with villains, after 7th badge OH NOE WORLD ENDING EVENT, appease event, beat the elite 4 and game is over.

That does kinda bug me, you just saved the world and you still have to beat the elite 4....... aside from Lance in Gen 2 i don't think any of the league help you with anything.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This has been what I've wanted for a long time. A semi-open world Pokemon game where you can choose to focus on becoming a leader, a professor, a breeder, or even a full time contest champion if you so prefer. I also feel like being a Gym Leader could be an end game thing for the main champion title. I lost Ultra Sun before I could finish it (every ****ing time with that 3DS), but I think I heard there's something similar in that game, so it may not be too far off come Gen 8. Especially if it turns out that one of the leaders is part of the evil team, you could replace them, design your gym, choose your team, and be ready to fight up-and-comers while dispensing gymly justice like in the anime .
Actually, Pokemon Gym Leader Simulator could be a good dedicated game too. Maybe a mobile game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom