• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Aonuma continue to make Zelda games?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I disagree. Wind Waker already surpassed it, and TP came damn close. OoT wasn't the best in the series, by far.

It is all about opinions and I would be a fool if I could not understand someone (or lots of people) believe-/s OoT is not the best zelda game. What I do not understand about your post is the last part. What exactly do you mean with "by far"? I would not agree on that if I have interpreted it correctly.

for the most part hes done a good job, however the games hes made are too simple. if he does continue to make zelda games, hes going to have to pour his heart and soul into it.

If a game is easy or not has nothing to do at all about heart and soul on the behalf of the producers. That is my opinion. But by simple you mayhaps not mean easy? What do you mean by simple exactly?

Like everyone else has said, I think he should continue. Granted, I hated WW, but I've loved all the other Zelda games he's contributed to (yes, including PH).

As for surpassing OoT (The best Zelda ever:P), I think he'll do it one day. One day far far away......

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I think, Zelda games shouldn't come out frequently. The anticipation is what makes or breaks a game in my oppion. But I loved WW so, yes, he should continue his efforts. I don't know if any game can beat oot, it's just become untouchable.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
It'll be hard to pass up OoT, but yeah whoever said his games were too simple, he started with MM as blackice said.I wouldn't call MM simple it's harder than OoT in my opinion.But his games are great and I think he should continue on, and research some of the old games to make his even better,Imagine a better TP or a better WW hmm I wonder.

Kybyrian

I disagree. Wind Waker already surpassed it, and TP came damn close. OoT wasn't the best in the series, by far.

I'd like you to say that to a majority of Zelda fans. I know that I think Ocarina of Time was the best. I didn't think Wind Waker was that great, and definitely not TP. Wind Waker was pretty good, but in my opinion, not the better of the two.

Also, I think he should continue.

Y

Yumil

"Surpassing" Ocarina of Time is all but impossible. I agree that is isn't the best game in the series, but the game isn't considered great because it's "the best." The game is great because of what it gave the industry as a whole. It redefined the adventure game and set standards that every game - even to this day - strives to meet. Of course our newer games have better graphics, plots, and everything really but none of them have redefined the entire genre.

The only way it could happen again is if the Wii, or something even closer to virtual reality, were to really take full advantage of motion technologies and create something entirely new again. But even then, the topic of motion controls and virtual reality is not something everyone likes (I don't). So even if they pulled off an amazing VR Zelda game, I'm not sure I'd find the new redefining as something appealing.

As for Aunoma, he's a fine guy and he's done a fine job. But the idea of making the games more appealing to the mass market, and the inclusion of motion controls as a result of that, is something I am firmly against. I'm fine with new gamers joining our ranks, but what I'm not fine with is them joining at the expense of me leaving. Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass were both monumental let-downs and it was all because they wanted new people to play them. I guess it worked, but it also left many of the real Zelda fans feeling unwanted.

I'm fine with Aunoma continuing, but I want another Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker, not another Twilight Princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom