• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Should Age of Calamity introduce a brand new character?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Hyrule Warriors had Linkle. (EDIT: Also Lana, Cia, Volga and Wizroe)

Should Age of Calamity have something like that - a brand new character to the game, and the franchise, and the BotW universe?

Maybe what we have is enough - but, what do you think about the idea of having a brand new character in the game?
What should that character be like?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I mean it had more than Linkle cuz there was Lana, Cia, Volga, and Wizroe.

I hope we get a new character cuz those 4 brought some fun to the game. We will need to have villains to play as if it's going to be like Hyrule Warriors since they had them.

I think there may be some, my hope is that if there are that they don't take over the narrative like they did in Hyrule Warriors.

What I'd prefer is if AoC just gave us BotW versions of characters we know. There's no reason Malon shouldn't exist in BotW because there was a Lon Lon Ranch in BotW, maybe she didnt survive the Calamity.

If they wanted to get clever maybe there could have been a version of Aryll too, who also didn't survive, she doesn't need to be Link's sister every time. Maybe she was just a brave soldier who didn't survive or even a Sheikah.

Original characters can sometimes feel tscky and out of place, and it'd be much cooler to see BotW versions of characters actually from Zelda history.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
There was concept art of Link with a little sister and a father, and we already know his dad was a guard captain. I want to see him. I want to see both of them. Give us their faces and names, Nintendo!

As far as other original characters go, I’m not too fussed about it. I think I’d rather they give us faces to names we don’t have faces for yet, like Kass’s teacher and maybe the thief Misko.

I also kinda wanna see Linkle as a bonus character, whether in postgame or DLC. Not necessarily part of the narrative. Bringing the HW originals in as bonus characters with updated designs to match BotW would be better than making entirely new ones I think. i just wanna see Linkle in a Champion outfit ok

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah they should introduce the old leader of the Yiga clan who was in charge before master Kohga. He or she could be more of a threatening presence and leading a clan that haven't had 100 years of nothing to do.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It seems like we got a new character. That hooded villain who could be seen amongst the yiga. They seem to worship him/her. I'm so curious about who that person might be. Is it a brand new character or an old villain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom