• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shortest Zelda?

I believe the shortest Zelda for me was OoT (like the millionth time around) XD I just played through and 100% it in less than two days. (dont know how many hours)

No offense to anyone, but I honestly do not understand why this requires so much conversation? It is just a plain and simple FACT that Skyward Sword is ABSOLUTELY NOT the shortest Zelda game.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I think you guys have forgotten a game; Four Swords. It's a Zelda game, and is by far the shortest. It can be beat in a hour when you're TAKING YOUR TIME. For me, SS was the perfect length.

Discounting Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures, Skyward Sword is still not the shortest installment. There are loads of optional sidequests revolving around Gratitude Crystals, Goddess Cubes, Pieces of Heart, etc. Hero's Mode is the cherry on top. It may not be the greatest replay incentive, however, the merits of including such a feature far outweigh its cons. Moreover, there are bugs to collect and the Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round as the cherry on top. Progression may have been more linear from point A to B, however, a plethora of secrets were contained nevertheless ranging from bombable walls to beetle secrets far out of reach. In terms of pure replay incentive, I'd say the NES original is easily the shortest with Pieces of Heart being the sole replay incentive and the second quest rather barebones.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Skyward Sword the shortest Zelda game? You comedian, you. Skyward Sword has a great amount of length to it. It's nice to actually spend time, and enjoy what the game has to offer. I've heard many people say that they've completed the game in 24 hours, and I'll believe them, but there's no way you're going to 100% complete the game in that amount of time, imo. I've clocked in almost 100 hours for SS, and that's not even 100% complete. There's nooooooo way that SS is the shortest Zelda, no way.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
It all really depends on what games your used to, but i personaly thought that Skyward Sword is actualy quite a long game, there were plenty of sidequests to keep you busy and it was probably one of the longer games i've played, besides having to calculate me being around 9 when i first beat Wind Waker.

Skyward Sword isn't the shortest, I would give that title to Majora's Mask (which was still one of the best regardless of length). I will say that Skyward Sword is in no way the longest, I breezed through the game in 32 hours (100%), with the total climbing to 58 hours for hero mode's 100% completion. 100% in Ocarina of time took me quite a bit longer than 32 hours, and Twilight princess took me nearly 70 hours to fully complete. One reason that explains my quick completion of the game is that the areas were very linear, with no need or ability to explore, thus all I really had to do was follow the path, and would end up having all the items by the time I reached Demise.

I managed to 100% this Zelda twice, takin 35 hours at my first time and 24 on second. Skyward felt like the easiest and shortest Zelda I've ever played, the very little world, short and easy dungeons (Really wanted more sky keep-like dungeons), dowsing and you constantly going through the same places kinda makes you able to "accidentally" 100% it.

I don't know wether to worship you for beating Skyward Sword that fast, or mock you for beating OoT that slow.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I'd say, Spirit Tracks for me. In less then 3 days i was half through it! I know you can beat it in 2 days i think but.......

Discounting Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures, Skyward Sword is still not the shortest installment.

Four Swords Adventures actually wasn't too short. In my opinion, it's about Minish Cap length. But yes Four Swords is definitely the shortest.

Discounting Four Swords, though, the original Legend of Zelda, like many NES games, can be beat in just an hour or two (Speed runs can take close to 30 minutes). I'm not really sure how this warrants a debate. Even if Skyward Sword takes 24 hours, the second time through when you know what you are doing, Ocarina of Time can be completed in maybe a dozen hours.

I would agree that Skyward Sword is, if not the easiest, one of the easiest Zelda games, though.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I went into Skyward Sword knowing it would be a long game compared to the other Zelda games because it has been mentioned before, and I do think it is one of the longest Zelda games. I like this, because I'm a fan of good/fun things that never end, just like Skyward Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom