• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shortest Zelda?

Lordyay

Lordyay
I thought it was a pretty good length and I did not think that most of it was cut scenes there was a good deal of game-play!

it all depends on if ur quick with puzzles or not, and if u were trying to 6 heart it or 100% it first go.......it was a tiny bit short for me cause i managed to finish it in 1 week

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Personally, I thought SS had the perfect amount of content to offer. Assuming you did everything it had to offer and not just blow through the story mode. I racked up quite a few hours upon completion of this game in the end.

How do you do anything but the story? That was basically all SS had to offer, apart from the usual heart pieces. The sidequests were relatively uneventful, and it would be unfair to other games to include them in your judgement of length.

For all the cramming Nintendo tried to do with SS, I think the game would have been better on a larger scope. It took my just under 50 hours to finish the story, which is more than what its predecessors have usually taken me. Yet I feel like I did a whole lot of nothing. To be honest, I didn't think the story was all that it was hyped up to be. I know the gameplay of SS wasn't built on the story, but from information from Nintento it sounds like they put a little effort into making the story something special. I also know that a lot of people liked the story elements that SS brought to Zelda, such as Zelda's sealing through the Gate of Time. I wasn't that touched by it, but I respect it, and what others felt. But for a game that touted its story more than the games it followed, not a lot was happening. Look at Ocarina of Time, Majora's mask, the Wind Waker and to some extent even Twilight princess. There was always some drive in story every step of the way. The lack of drive and the closed in areas are what made SS, for me, feel particularly short. I had no problems at the time that I was playing, but a few months after finishing the game I struggle to remember anything but the bare basics of the story.

I thought that it was about the right length... I had a lot of fun playing it and playing it again in hero's mode... :D
many a little more exploring stuff... sure I would have liked that :D But I love more Zelda anytime... :D

First playthrough in SS was 68 hours. I felt the length was perfect, but at the same time, I wished it was longer as I always wish for a Zelda game to be longer because I don't want it to end. XD

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
My first playthrough was 60 hours. I think that is a resonable estimate of the average time it would take to complete the game without doing a speed run or a 100% run.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I guess i'm one of the only ones that thought it was too long. Maybe it was't too long but it certainly felt long returning to the same place over and over doing the same thing

I thought the overall length of the game was just fine. Although I honestly would have preferred more areas in the world to explore instead of going back to basically the same 3 major areas repeatedly. The benefit to doing it that way though is they were able to cram more content into each area than they have been able to in previous Zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom