• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shiny Pokemon

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Maybe I'll do the same. I forgot to add something in regards to your question, but you probably already know if you are smart enough. You have to save before you encounter Rayquaza, or any other legendary. Once you do that, then just talk to it and battle it, if it doesn't come out shiny, just reset the game and try again. It's gonna take you some time, days maybe, but don't lose hope, if you really want a shiny that bad just keep at it until you get it.

yeah, I always do that, I learned that after I accidentally killed Dialga instead of catching it in Diamond. I also learned not to use the master ball on something before the main legend, ( i used it on mesprit and soon regreted it )

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
yeah, I always do that, I learned that after I accidentally killed Dialga instead of catching it in Diamond. I also learned not to use the master ball on something before the main legend, ( i used it on mesprit and soon regreted it )

Haha, yeah, too bad sometimes we have to learn from mistakes. :xd: Speaking about shiny pokemon, now that I will be resetting my HG again, I think I am going to look for a shiny starter in Chikorita. I'm sure I'll be getting it. (I will reset until I actually get it) Then, after I actually get to Kanto, I may go hunting for a shiny Nidorina. I would love to have a shiny Vespiquen, so maybe I'll breed her until I get one. ;)

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
you may already know this but, if you put a pokémon you caught in the day care with another pokémon of the same species, of the opposite gender, from a country that speaks a different language ( like german french or Japanese ) , the egg that you get will have a higher chance of hatching into a shiny.
If you wanted to know it's called the Madusa method. I tried it myself it worked I got a shiny bulbasaur and treecko in the same day by doing that.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
you may already know this but, if you put a pokémon you caught in the day care with another pokémon of the same species, of the opposite gender, from a country that speaks a different language ( like german french or Japanese ) , the egg that you get will have a higher chance of hatching into a shiny.
If you wanted to know it's called the Madusa method. I tried it myself it worked I got a shiny bulbasaur and treecko in the same day by doing that.

Really? :O Hm, I should try doing that, I have many pokemon from other countries. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I will try this method once I get started with my quest in HG.

I once acquired a natural Shiny Charmander from the original Red Version. No lie. I transferred it to my Gold so I could look at it all the time and then something happened... My Gold cartridge lost its ability to save and the data was deleated... I still can't save a game on it... Pyro... I'll miss your purple shine forever :'( Aside from that, I've come across, naturally, a shiny Stantler and Hoot Hoot, and I've caught a shiny Cacneon which I trained into a Cacturne.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I don't like to call you a liar but, shinys didn't exist in Red , plus Charmander's shiny form is Yellow not purple ( you must be thinking of Charizard ) , plus I don't even think there was colour in Red, so how could there be different coloured pokémon ( which is basically what shinys are ) is there wasn't even colour.
the fact your Gold stopped working properly would suggest it was a hack.

I don't like to call you a liar but, shinys didn't exist in Red , plus Charmander's shiny form is Yellow not purple ( you must be thinking of Charizard ) , plus I don't even think there was colour in Red, so how could there be different coloured pokémon ( which is basically what shinys are ) is there wasn't even colour.
the fact your Gold stopped working properly would suggest it was a hack.

I did evolve it into a Charizard which is how I know the shiny sprite was purple. Charmander was yellow, Charmeleon was pink and Charizard went purple. There wasn't gender or abilities in Red either but when you transfer them over your pokemon still have them. I was surprised as well. On Red, yes, it was just a regular Charizard, but when I plugged my Red into Pokemon Stadium 2, imagine my surprise when I found out it was shiny. Also, if there's one thing that will tick me off faster than anything its calling me a liar and a hacker. I am a true player and have never, or will ever, use cheats or hacks to alter a game. I play it and enjoy it for what it is. My Gold stopped working for the simple fact that one, it's old, and two I wasn't able to keep it in the best of holding conditions. I indeed did have a shiny Charizard which I named Pyro. Put my hand on the bible and be damned if I'm lying, which I'm not.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Oh , what you say sounds right, if you'd have told me you found it was shiny by battling with it on stadium then I would have believed you. I guess the strange things going on with your Gold version could have been anything. I don't like being called a hacker, which all my friends do cause my pokémon are a lot stonget than theirs ( mostly cause I EV train them and they don't ) , so i'm not calling anyone a hacker unless I have solid proof ( which I don't in this situation )

Zen

Guardian of Courage
I never really like shiny pokemon. call me wierd or stupid, but I honestly don't like how they look. True, there are certain pokemon out there look nice when they are shiny, but a majority of them look ugly. If I ever do find one though, I will catch it for the sake of getting a shiny pokemon. I mean, purple charizard? Just doesn't make sense to me. :S

I guess I'm just too used to original Red and Gold pokemon where there was no shinies.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I don't mean to brag but I've got a whole box of shinys on my white game , they were almost all traded online. appart from my shiny mamoswine, I caught that myself.

Zen

Guardian of Courage
I don't mean to brag but I've got a whole box of shinys on my white game , they were almost all traded online. appart from my shiny mamoswine, I caught that myself.

BRAGGER! (lol. nah I kid.)

Wow. That's pretty cool.

By the way, does anyone here have a shiny legendary? Never in my life have I seen one without using hacks, etc.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
would my shiny Articuno I have in platinum count? ( I didn't cheat for it, I found itbas a roaming pokémon )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom