• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shields!

This is all about your opinion on shields:

1) What's your preferred shield

2) Do you like/dislike the realism of the shield bar? If so/not, why?

For me, my favourite shield is the Sacred Shield upgraded to the Divine Shield. It has the coolest look and the entire concept about the shield repairing itself its just AHHHH!!! Great!! It's a lazyboy's dream. You can just sit there and CHING! It's good to go!

I myself really like the shield bar and how they integrated it. One thought did strike me as odd though... When you successfully shield attack, it doesn't damage your shield or wear it down. It'd be more realistic if it was like that but then again, it may just be too tedious. I think its better that it doesn't take damage from a shield attack because it benefits a player with skills and encourages shield use training.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
My favorite would have to be the Hylian Shield because it's indestructible and it looks the best. Personally, I like the shield meter because it made getting the Hylian Shield much more satisfying and it made combat much more strategic.

My favorite would have to be the Hylian Shield because it's indestructible and it looks the best. Personally, I like the shield meter because it made getting the Hylian Shield much more satisfying and it made combat much more strategic.
Pretty much my sentiments. Barring the Hylian Shield, the Goddess Shield is probably my favorite. Not so much because it regenerates, but because it can resist fire and electricity. On a related note, has anyone else found out that putting the Sacred/Divine/Goddess Shield out in front of cursed bokoblins will cause them to stop coming toward you?

1) Will always be the Hylian Shield for me. Link just isn't complete without it!
2) I didn't hate it, I just didn't really like it either. I did find it good that you couldn't hide behind your shield though, I was doing a lot more backflips and ninja moves :P

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
1) The goddess shield looked the best but the best one is the Hylian Shield. It could not be broke!
2) I liked it. It made bosses harder. You couldn't just press R and hold the shield and deflect all hits. Now you had to be careful.

On a related note, has anyone else found out that putting the Sacred/Divine/Goddess Shield out in front of cursed bokoblins will cause them to stop coming toward you?

Yes, if you target the Cursed Bokoblin and get Phi to analyze the enemy she says that they fear the sacred shield. I agree, it's pretty cool!

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Pretty much my sentiments. Barring the Hylian Shield, the Goddess Shield is probably my favorite. Not so much because it regenerates, but because it can resist fire and electricity. On a related note, has anyone else found out that putting the Sacred/Divine/Goddess Shield out in front of cursed bokoblins will cause them to stop coming toward you?

sorry to bother you, but that isnt a find Fi tells that outright to you, what you could consider a find is that you can bounce a beamos laser right back at him and stun him. Anyways, i would prefer goddess shield or max iron shield. The Hylian shield is too common(thanks to TP and OoT)

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hylian Shield because it's the coolest looking one in my opinion. Even if it weren't invincible, I'd still love it.

I like the shield meter for what it is, however I feel like some meters (all Sacred-type shields) are overpowered. If enemies could've dealt more damage to the shield, it would be quite the challenge for defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom