• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shield Pose in WiiU Game

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
For you who have not seen the WiiU Tech Demo it showed us Link fighting a Ghoma like boss. This may or may not be a real trailer for a game but it is almost certain that there will be a Zelda game on the WiiU. Now this was all at the last E3, also at the E3 Nintendo showed off their new console with something called the Shield Pose mini-game(Can be found on YouTube by just typing in WiiU Shield Pose). This mini-game has you holding the WiiU as a shield, in the distance is a pirate ship with four archers who shot in different directions and we have to use our shield to block arrows. Now what I am thinking is maybe this could be used in Zelda games. They could be used in fights to block or even a mini game like at the E3. So what do you think? Do think this could be in a Zelda game? Give me your thoughts.

I just want to clarify that Nintendo clearly stated that these were only tech-demos, and that they should not be taken as hints for upcoming titles. Nobody knows what the next zelda game (after Skyward Sword) will be, or how it will look like because development hasn't started on it yet.

In 2000 they did not clearly state that their tech-demos were only tech-demos, and you all remember how that went.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
In one of the videos they said how the shield pose might be used for an upcoming game. That's what I meant by this thread, do you think that something like this could be in a Zelda game.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I actually think it could be strapped to our forearms and used as a 1:1 shield.

Oh God I hope not. 1:1 swordplay is one thing, but I do not want to have to physically stand up in order to play my Zelda game. If I wanted that I'd play Wii Sports or something similar. I really hope that the 1:1 is a Skyward Sword only thing, personally.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
For you who have not seen the WiiU Tech Demo it showed us Link fighting a Ghoma like boss. This may or may not be a real trailer for a game
There is no "may or may not be". This is not a trailer, much less one for one specific game. And while they will eventually create a Zelda game for the Wuu, there are no plans to include the Armorgohma fight from the tech demo, or the art style, or the menu structure, or anything from that tech demo. Except for Link. I'm sure the Wuu Zelda will have a Link. But then again, he might look drastically different from the tech demo.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You are throwing things way out of proportion, it's a what-if scenario, not a definite happening. He's asking if we'll get a shield pose-type combat system where we physically use the WiiU controller in order to get what we want done. I personally hope not, because Zelda really hasn't been a physical game (unless you're 'into it', that's a different story), but I can see things being done with the WiiU controller simply because Nintendo has a knack for using "gimmicky" features to their advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom