• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shiekah, Gerudo, and Twili

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
So, I've noticed that certain races in Zelda are very popular, but they aren't flushed out at all. Races such as the Shiekah, Gerudo, and Twili play major roles in the games they are in, but very little is known about them. Although the story is not about these races, but rather Link and his excapades, I feel like these peoples deserve their shot at the limelight. The Gorons and Zoras are flushed out pretty well (the Gorons more than the Zora), but the other races are left in the dark. I feel like the series could be taken to the next level if Link could learn a little more about the history and culture of these tribes. Link could gain more relation to their characters, and he could feel some atachment to them, which would make him saving them, all the more realistic. Other than being called brother by the Gorons and being engaged to Princess Ruto in OoT, Link has little relation to anybody in the series that isn't a hylian or human. This detachment makes fans like me, curious as to how this random person can have it in his heart to save all of Hyrule for no reason. I'm getting off track, so I'll try to finish up. If Link could learn more about each culture, then he could gain more than some simple item that lets him swim under water or go in volcanoes. I also think the fans deserve to know about these peoples, because it is wronging the character designers by not doing their designs justice.

Anyways, do you guys think that the Twili, Gerudo, Shiekah, and any other popular, but less known race deserve a little more attention in Zelda games? Is so, which races deserve more attention and what more should we know about them? Do you think that every race needs to be a little more flushed out, or is it fine the way it is?

I personally would like to know a lot more about the three races mentioned above, and I want to see more of these races so to become more familiar with them and learn why these races deserve to be saved.

I'd really like to see the Twili again and find out where they came from (to put the rumour/fact that they were the interlopers to rest) that, and i really liked the twilight realm in TP and the Twili designs were really lovely too.

Though i dont think any zelda game will go too far into any of the races any time soon, unless one race takes precedent over all of the other races due to the storyline of the game, then again it could be argued that TP was all about the Twili and saving their world and we still got very little about them aside form their keeness to turn into imp like creatures when things start to go wrong.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I made a topic awhile back about how the twilis in the Twilight Palace shouldve been talkable. So I agree. I think twilis got the short end of the stick though compared to gerudos and sheikahs. We know that gerudos are like the amazon warrior women of greek mythology, their society is all female and they hook up with males of other societies to keep their tribe alive. Except while amazons gave any son back to his father, gerudos keep the rare occurance of a son and make him king. We know a bit less(at least I do)about sheikahs, but they're ninja-like people with a strong alliance with the hylian royals. What do we know about twili culture? Absolutely nothing.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I would like to see more of the Twili too. How awesome would it be if Midna made an epic comeback?

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
I would Love to know more about the Sheikah, I've always thought they were interesting, even though we really only know of two...and one wasn't really a Sheikah
but still, it would be fun to learn more about their culture and be introduced to more of them

In Twilight Princess I was really looking forward to talking to the twili once I got rid of the shadow beast possesing them (thats how I'm going to put it) but once I defeated Zant and went to talk to them, they still made that scry moaning sound, and it saddened me that I couldn't speak to them. I hope Nintendo somehow brings them back in the future.

As for Gerudos, I haven't gotten to the part in Ocarina of Time where you actually meet one, so I really don't have alot of knowledge on the besides that theyre a band of female theives and a king (who is Ganondorf) is born every 100 years...and they live in a desert

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I agree. That part of the game really pissed me off. Not only the way they handled the Sheikah, but also the great opportunity they had to link Ghirahim to the Interlopers. I still think such a connection exists, but of course it would be WAY too much story to put into a Zelda title to draw that connection. 9_9

Here is my idea, though. I think the Interloper backstory that Link hears from Lanayru in Twilight Princess happens right before the backstory of Skyward Sword. The Interlopers are a splinter group of Sheikah who deserted Hylia to follow Demise. Most of the Interlopers are banished to the Twilight Realm by the Light Spirits (possibly synonymous with the dragons?), but a small group surrendered before that and were banished into the deep desert to become the Zuna. One acts as a double-agent to protect the Humans and is later granted security among them in Skyloft (Batreaux). The only others who escaped the banishment were Ghirahim and Demise himself. Thus, where one backstory ends (TP), the other picks up (SS). The Zuna don't come into play again until after Ghirahim merges his soul with Demise's sword and then both are defeated. They use Interloper magic to bind what is remaining of Demise into a reforged Dark Master Sword, which is now a trident.

Of course that's just fan fiction, but it accounts for three unexplained races.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom