• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Awesome!

I need to go to work soon and I'm pretty satisfied that I got my ideas out with my last post. Sometime over the weekend I'll pull up the posts from the players mentioned and analyze them.

For now -
Unvote
Vote : karu

As I said before, I'm teetering on both Toxic and Johnny. Johnny's vote on Toxic doesn't necessarily mean that Toxic is town even if Johnny is mafia. If he leads the lynch on a scum bud it only serves to make him look good. But Johnny might even be town for reasons I mentioned before as well, although I am still leaning toward him being scum. In either case, it's something I need to think about more and would like more analysis of the situation from other players.

In either case, the votes on Toxic haven't prompted much out of him.

karu on the other hand has once again gone quiet. I had hope for her on Day 2 but she was under pressure that day. I just don't understand why she would back out again if she were town. Did she get bored? Town's way of getting evidence is through night powers, IF we make some good plays, and through day time talking and voting. Only talking when the spotlight is on you just seems scummy to me.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 3 Current Vote Tally:
Toxic_Snowman - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)
karu - 1 (Moonstone)

Not voting: Libk, DekuNut, Mido, Tristan, karu, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go

With 9 players alive it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Monday, December 12th 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Mido

Version 1
Well, technically I was the SK in Lucid Dream, and I would've won the whole game singlehandedly if it hadn't been for a certain infamous pathblocker preventing a potentially game-ending night kill from occurring :bubsy:

I'm sorry, Tristan. :oops: The more I think about it, I don't even recall who gave me the shield to begin with if it wasn't just kokirion doing the passing around!

I find it very interesting that karu has stopped playing the game again.

IIRC she's still "pushing" for Mido. Could he be mafia and this was an elaborate plan to make karu look more town when he flips mafia? Might be hard to coordinate with a newbie, but also an ingenious way to keep her active enough to avoid suspicion while also providing evidence to clear her if we did lynch Mido and he flips scum.

Interesting point, even if I could have sworn she moved over to Tristan unless she reverted back to myself. I'll look back at that. I think this point is intriguing because if we go back to karu's initial vote on myself, she made her point, but sort of vanished afterward, although not in the same fashion as recent posts since she was still very active during that time frame. Not sure what to think about that (since at the same time, none of us have really been active over the past couple of days)'

Awesome!

I need to go to work soon and I'm pretty satisfied that I got my ideas out with my last post. Sometime over the weekend I'll pull up the posts from the players mentioned and analyze them.

For now -
Unvote

karu on the other hand has once again gone quiet. I had hope for her on Day 2 but she was under pressure that day. I just don't understand why she would back out again if she were town. Did she get bored? Town's way of getting evidence is through night powers, IF we make some good plays, and through day time talking and voting. Only talking when the spotlight is on you just seems scummy to me.

Just a small thing, but I think this is a very good observation. Not much else to say on the matter. Lo, I will bargain on this move I am about to do:

Vote: DekuNut

this will be explained in further detail in due time!

karu

Panamaniac
Awesome!

For now -
Unvote

As I said before, I'm teetering on both Toxic and Johnny. Johnny's vote on Toxic doesn't necessarily mean that Toxic is town even if Johnny is mafia. If he leads the lynch on a scum bud it only serves to make him look good. But Johnny might even be town for reasons I mentioned before as well, although I am still leaning toward him being scum. In either case, it's something I need to think about more and would like more analysis of the situation from other players.

In either case, the votes on Toxic haven't prompted much out of him.

Well excuuuuuse me, princess Elsa. Lol, references. 1) Exams and 2) I haven't been receiving any notifications on the Sherlock Mafia game and I noticed that literally today. Cause I thought it was weird that no one posted anything for the past 2 days.

I will make my posts soon though, so do not be upset my lady. For now though, I have medical terminology and algebra stuff to work on. Sorry everyone

karu

Panamaniac
Hey all, at work so I can't get a detailed word in right now. I'm pretty disappointed in Doc's flip since it makes me look scummy. That's what I get for trying I guess. I am town and I'm not sure what other than my scum hunting attempts will make you all think otherwise. I think I've been very fair in all my attempts too.

Btw does this seem like a vigilante kill to anyone? And if so, does that mean the mafia didn't get a kill? I think I smell a doctor.
There's no reason for you to say that you are town, to be honest. Even if you are town it's utterly pointless because this is a game of deceiving others; you outright stating, more than once may I add, that you are town just makes it seem like your full on scum. Hence why I never defend my
Alrighty, I'm home and can give a little more meat to my post this time. I'm going to go over the list and give my thoughts on everybody.

Moonstone - Me, town 100% likely, but of course I would say this.

Mido - leaning town. Someone pointed out it would be a weird move for scum to lynch the only person who voted with them. Plus he's been pretty active and helpful, even if he does turn his attention to me sometimes, I get it. Townies don't know who other townies are so of course they might be against each other sometimes. I'm feeling about 80% towards town.

Dekunut - again leaning town. He's also been very active and I've been feeling good about him all game. I guess I would put him at around 70% because there simply isn't very much evidence either way, but I do appreciate his participation.

Tristan - also fairly active. Slight town lead. About 60% to me, especially if he did have a chatroom with Storm due to his role. I doubt a mafia member would be allowed to choose another person to talk to as part of their role, but I could definitely be wrong. Still, I think it's more likely that he's town or at worst 3rd party if he did get to chat with Storm. If he had the ability to choose one person to talk to, I would not be surprised if he chose Storm considering they have a history.

karu - has recently gotten quite active especially now that she's talked to Pendio and gotten some pointers. Plus not knowing the 3rd party and bringing it up seems a little more townie to me. But she could be getting pointers from scum buds as well when they are active. I'm still leaning slightly town, probably about 55% likely town.

Libk - has been a little active but not much. 50%

Toxic Snowman - not very active, hasn't really posted anything of substance or made any strong moves. 45%

Ver-go-a-go-go - Similar to Johnny (below) but with less posts to analyze. I don't understand why he wouldn't vote towards his suspicions unless he knew that Doc was really town, but unless he starts making some town plays like I know he can do, I'm pretty suspicious of him. 40%

Johnny Sooshi - While I appreciate that he was trying to put some pressure on me, I have to wonder why he didn't vote for me if he thinks I'm so suspicious, especially so close to the end of the day. I found it quite suspicious and if the day hadn't ended before I could get a word in, I would've dared him to vote for me and see what he said. Of course, that's because I think he's likely mafia and if he is mafia he knows I'm either town or 3rd party, likely town due to my activity and scum hunting, and knows that my flip will draw suspicion. 30%

I want to see what everyone thinks of my list before placing my vote, but as it is I'm probably going to vote for Johnny.

I also want to add that the doctor probably knows who the mafia attacked last night so I think we'll start seeing more townies come together. I also want to add that while I do think the poisoner is probably mafia aligned or 3rd party, IIRC in Pokescum I was a town aligned poisoner so it can happen. I doubt that the poisoner this time town but it could happen and of course it was awhile ago and I can't really remember.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/pokéscum-mafia-the-first-generation.49879/page-55

Tristan, you were the mod for that game, do you remember and would you mind reminding me whether I was town aligned or 3rd party poisoner? I know I wasn't mafia aligned.
On the bolded part, again, saying your town isn't taking suspicion off of you, it basically puts you in the spotlight. Plus saying 100%? And not only that, if you are sure you're 100% town, why then did you put a "likely" at the end? It's as if you're saying that you yourself don't know you're town again, putting yourself in the spotlight.

You are active, I'll give you that. But just because you're active doesn't mean that you aren't scum; I was so sure that you were town, but after looking at your recent posts, to me you're leaning dangerously into the scum side.

As for my vote on Mido

Unvote

Vote: Moonstone

Also, this might come off as rude, but I have to ask. Why are you asking Mido about a previous mafia out in the open in the Sherlock Mafia? Couldn't you just have PM'd him instead?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Anyway, I want to see what people think about this. There is no question that I'm the most active player this game and that most people are leaning town for me (which is true in this game anyway). My suspicions on Johnny are that he is scum because he is trying to go after me, but subtly, not voting for me but trying to plant mistrust so nearing the end game when mafia have a more clear advantage to turn the town against me. However, I was also wondering if mafia might be part of the people who are calling me town in order to blend in. In this case, would that make Johnny more town aligned?

But you did the same to me in the previous day during Twilight @Moonstone .

Plus now they're defending each other? I defended karu despite what I consider scummy for now to give her a chance to practice and now that she's kind of talking our mostly inactive Johnny is rushing to her rescue? In addition to that he won't place a vote which is pretty much all the town has to work with when hunting scum. At least in my opinion. It's much harder to decipher 7 non-voters than the few who do actually vote. That's pretty much what happened on D1. We were too spread out and random. We need to have some decisive action in order to really get the evidence we need to oust the mafia.

As I've said before, I've seen plays like this in previous games where mafia subtley try to spur the town into going for a specific player.

I can, however agree with this. While I find Moonstone suspicious, it's not impossible that we're both Townies just bumping heads. Meaning we should look elsewhere to find scum.

Just a small thing, but I think this is a very good observation. Not much else to say on the matter. Lo, I will bargain on this move I am about to do:

I'm interested in this myself.

There's no reason for you to say that you are town, to be honest. Even if you are town it's utterly pointless because this is a game of deceiving others; you outright stating, more than once may I add, that you are town just makes it seem like your full on scum. Hence why I never defend my

On the bolded part, again, saying your town isn't taking suspicion off of you, it basically puts you in the spotlight. Plus saying 100%? And not only that, if you are sure you're 100% town, why then did you put a "likely" at the end? It's as if you're saying that you yourself don't know you're town again, putting yourself in the spotlight.

You are active, I'll give you that. But just because you're active doesn't mean that you aren't scum; I was so sure that you were town, but after looking at your recent posts, to me you're leaning dangerously into the scum side.

This is the same reasoning for why I'm suspicious of Moonstone. She's incredibly affirmative in her innocence, almost suspiciously so. Repeating her innocence and saying stuff that sums up to "don't look at me" and deflecting off to others like she claims others are doing seems really scummy.

I'm gonna sit on this one for a bit. Not 100% sure on my vote.

Also, this might come off as rude, but I have to ask. Why are you asking Mido about a previous mafia out in the open in the Sherlock Mafia? Couldn't you just have PM'd him instead?

You can't communicate about the game related material outside the thread. Also, it was a reference to a previous game. Does that answer your question?

karu

Panamaniac

As I've said before, I've seen plays like this in previous games where mafia subtley try to spur the town into going for a specific player.

I can, however agree with this. While I find Moonstone suspicious, it's not impossible that we're both Townies just bumping heads. Meaning we should look elsewhere to find scum.

This is the same reasoning for why I'm suspicious of Moonstone. She's incredibly affirmative in her innocence, almost suspiciously so. Repeating her innocence and saying stuff that sums up to "don't look at me" and deflecting off to others like she claims others are doing seems really scummy.

You can't communicate about the game related material outside the thread. Also, it was a reference to a previous game. Does that answer your question?
Yes, yes it does. 谢谢Johnny

Moonstone

I highly disagree with the Dekunut lynch. If you read my posts at the beginning of the day, and perhaps my mentions of power roles, you might notice some soft claiming in there. I feel like pointing that out might even be too much. So now either A) I'll be the target of the mafia tonight regardless or :cool: Mafia don't get where I'm coming from and will keep trying to pin blame on me during the day.

Anyway back to work for me, so I hope a few of you get where I'm coming from.

Moonstone

As for my vote on Mido

Unvote

Alright, well you wouldn't know this but whenever I do my % tallies I always include myself. And "likely" is a term relating to probability. So 100% likely to be town means 100% probability of being town. I just think including myself in the list helps others keep organized.

Also karu, I think it's very suspicious that you were quiet until a vote came on you. It seems like too much of a coincidence to me. And if we just take everyone's "well I was busy" excuse we'll never find the mafia. Plus, your revenge vote on me seems like a very newbie scum move.

karu

Panamaniac
Alright, well you wouldn't know this but whenever I do my % tallies I always include myself. And "likely" is a term relating to probability. So 100% likely to be town means 100% probability of being town. I just think including myself in the list helps others keep organized.

Also karu, I think it's very suspicious that you were quiet until a vote came on you. It seems like too much of a coincidence to me. And if we just take everyone's "well I was busy" excuse we'll never find the mafia. Plus, your revenge vote on me seems like a very newbie scum move.
On the contrary my queen, t'was not a revenge vote in my eyes. I do suspect you while still respecting you. And thank you for clearing the '100%' thing, though I still don't understand why you put the likely in the end. But hey, you do you.

As for my excuse, it wasn't I was busy; I'm always busy, especially now that I've that ZD-I project to worry about :) can't wait to show you guys it, it was that I wasn't getting any notifications about the Sherlock Mafia game thread and I just found that out today. I was planning on being active for the remainder of the day I just didn't expect the notifications to go bananas on me.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Question, Moony... can you point us to a few of your more recent games? I know you've played before this game, but for some reason I don't think it was that recently.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, I've gone ahead and gathered up some quotes from Johnny and Toxic, because they are the two people wth the most flack against them at the current moment. Btw I've been gradually editing and adding to this post little by little for the past like 2 days or so, so if it seems unorganized then I apologize. I hope I'm clear enough with what I'm trying to say here.

Vote: Toxic_Snowman

How ya doing buddy?
Vote: Johnny Sooshi

I'm doing pretty good, thanks for asking. And how are you, friend? ^^
Relatively well. :) just had a long nap

Each of their first respective posts in the game are votes against each other. Possible connection? Maybe, maybe not. Worth keeping in mind for sure. If either of them flip scum, there's a pretty good chance the other also is, but it is also very possible that only one or neither of them are. But this is a good connection to come back to if one of them does flip scum.
Why does the RNG get to choose how we vote? I'm my own person. I can do what I want!

Unvote

Vote: RNG
Voodoo. The RNG is using black magic to influence the game. It wants me dead because I'm on to it.
Or maybe you two are both Mafia, and you're trying to cast suspicion off him. I'm on to you.
Nothing but fluff here. Not necessarily meaningless fluff, as there are some possible connections that can be drawn, but no logical conclusions that can be drawn at this point.
Interesting. Like some have brought up before me, I'm not sure why Minish_Link was chosen. Maybe because they weren't active early on, and would be a fairly inconspicuous night kill? I don't know, just a thought. They didn't really do much that would pose a threat to the Mafia.
This is literally his only post in the entire game with substance in it. Unfortunately, it is simply a restatement of what I, and some others, had previously said regarding the night kill. Although I can't help but think that the wording of this looks like it's coming from a Mafia member trying to sound oblivious. Maybe it's just me, but that's what it looks like with the way it's worded. I can definitely see this being a scum post.
I'm sorry I've been inactive. I suck, I know. I'll post something of substance soon, hopefully tomorrow if I have time to get on.
His latest post, which was 6 days ago. He hasn't been seen since. His inactivity is worrisome, but I'm not totally convinced it comes from Mafia. His play would make sense if he were mafia, but at the same time, I can see this behaviour coming from townies who just don't have a very cool role or just aren't overly interested. That being said, I do support the idea of lynching Toxic, but I think I will leave my vote off him for the time being.

So that's it for Toxic. Let's move on to Johnny Bravo now!

I think @Moonstone was wondering because Mido already has 2 votes on him and tbis makes 3. Not having a reason seems rather beginner-ish, but it's also fair to suspect that a more experienced scum teammate could suggest this play as a way to get a more solid vote on Mido.
His first posts were fluff, and I already explained the possible connection to Toxic. This is his first post of substance, and I can't help but notice that it has a blatant factual inaccuracy in it. This post was made in response to Karu asking whether she should have explained her seemingly random vote on Mido, and he said that Mido had 2 votes on him, with Karu's increasing that number to 3. However, as I had removed my vote on Mido prior to her vote, he actually had only 1 vote on him when she placed hers. It's possible that he simply didn't notice my unvote and was just going off the latest vote count (which was posted before I removed my vote), or he also could have been trying to make Karu look worse by making it seem like she had done more damage than she did with her vote, since Johnny would, as scum, know Karu was town (or at least not mafia). The removal of my vote would be pretty easy to miss if you were made to believe that Mido did in fact have two votes on him, meaning it would be a pretty good way for mafia to twist the facts. However, it's very likely I'm reaching with that theory, since Mido did have 2 votes on him at the time of the latest vote count, so anybody could have missed my unvote. Not strong evidence, but certainly worth keeping in mind.

I've been looking things over and I have a few thoughts in general and a couple of budding suspicions.

First of all, we have a Watcher who died. The inclusion of a watcher in this game, coupled with the fact that it's role madness game is basically a tell of two things:

1) There is most likely a Tracker
2) There is most likely a Ninja on the mafia side.

These are very niche roles. The inclusion of a Watcher and/or Tracker without a Ninja would give the Town a larger advantage overall. Additionally Watchers tend to be a little less underpowered than Trackers. In general, It would make sense to assume the other two roles based on the first.
Analyzing the set up. I like that. And his analysis makes complete logical sense. Nothing really to say about this part of the post.

Now, my suspicions. I have two at the moment. Mido is definitely a good option because he did tip the lynch we had yesterday. However, if he was scum, it wouldn't make sense to then kill off the only other person on the wagon. Unless of course he wanted to throw more confusion into the mix. On the other end of the spectrum I have Moonstone who seems scummy if Mido is innocent. Of course pushing on false pretenses isn't scummy, but I personally feel as though the spectrum is polarized in this situation. I'm gonna try to look through a little more and see if I can figure anything else out.
Something doesn't sit right with me regarding this part of the post, however. This is the first time Johnny discussed the possibility of Moonstone being scum, way back during the beginning of Day 2. I don't really like how he said Moonstone would be scummy if Mido was lynched; first off, she hadn't voted for Mido and only said she was suspicious of him; second off, it was way too early in the day to be saying things like that, as discussion had literally just begun and nobody was even close to being lynched. And I mean, I was suspicious of Mido too. Would that make me seem scummy as well if Mido was town? Hell, Johnny himself even said Mido was suspicious. So it just doesn't make much sense to me to be suspicious of Moonstone just in case Mido is town when he himself was also suspicious of Mido to begin with, especially considering Moonstone was, already by that point, the most active and analytical player in the game. idk, I just feel like this post is coming from scum trying to be helpful.

Like I said, I personally think it'll be relatively polarized. That's just my opinion. I won't immediately hold it against you, but I'll definitely look into the situation harder if it happens.
Basically, he's saying "If this person you're suspicious of is town, then you're suspicious to me, even though I'm also suspicious of that person". As I said before, it makes very little sense.

I'm not completely convinced on lynching Doc. It does fit him M.O. as scum, but we did give others a shot at coming in to post. A push like this from Vergo and a quick flip by Moonstone (even if it's because of a promise made to Karu) feels like a subtle scum push to take down easy town. IGMEOY both

I'm not voting because I can't focus in enough right now to think through who I want. If I can manage to do that later then I'll try to vote before the deadline.
This was pointed out earlier (and gets addressed in Johnny's following post), but here Johnny stated that Moonstone suddenly flipped to vote for Doc without having been suspicious of him before. Not reading properly perhaps? Honestly looks like reaching to me.

Taking a look back through, you're right, I was mistaken. However, I'm still not less inclined to suspect you, nor will I be voting for Doc. We have about an hour left, I'm kinda hoping a few more like @Toxic_Snowman and @Doc will post.
Why not be less inclined to suspect Moonstone? By this post, it's still not totally clear where that suspicion came from, as Moonstone had been fairly consistent with her suspicions (and he even realized that he was wrong about her in his last post), but he refused to let it go.

Also @Ver-go-a-go-go , if you suspect Doc, and feel he's scum, why not vote him?
Same could be asked to you in regards to Moonstone tbh. Trying to play it safe, perhaps? Trying to avoid leading a lynch on someone you know to be town, preferring instead to join it later so as not to be held responsible? (One may say this is invalid for me to say due to his later vote on Toxic, but I have a separate theory about that which I'll get to shortly).
Nah, Karu's posts seem like just little wording mistakes than actual newbie scum mistakes. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm pretty sure Karu is town.
I agreed with this when I first saw it.

Defending someone I believe to be town is scummy?
Johnny said this after Moonstone pointed out that he was defensive of Karu (whom she believed to be scum). Defending someone you believe to be town is fine, but it could also be considered slightly suspect if someone else believes that person to be scummy. Moonstone's point was valid, if flawed, but unfortunately, that scenario is really more of a "x is scum if y is scum" situation than actual evidence.

That being said, though, I quite like what Karu said about Johnny around this time:
My other suspicion lies on Johnny actually, this is more a theory though. Minish_Link was a nightkill, and guess who voted for Johnny though it was in day 1? Minish did, again it's just a theory....A GAME THEORY, thanks for reading XD.

But in all seriousness, Johnny, as Moonstone mentioned, is defending me after he being inactive for a while. This would make it seem as if, me being the newbie, we were both mafia; since I already have a lot of people being suspicious of me, this would raise more suspicion on me and some on him but not as much as I would already have making it an easy kill for the Mafia.

Defending me even if I am a newbie, at this point in the game, would raise a lot of suspicion towards the person defending me and myself, and make it seem as if it was mafia defending mafia; the end results would be more votes on me and a lynching. So I'm on to you Johnny boy, Johnny Test, Johnny John John, her's Johnny, other media references with the name Johnny; Johnny Cena!!!
The first part doesn't mean anything, but the second and third paragraphs have something to be said about them. I feel like Karu may have been onto something with this. It would actually be an extremely clever and somewhat unexpected mafia strategy to defend someone who is a newbie like that because, like she said here, it makes her look even more suspicious because Johnny, having already had a bit of suspicion placed on him by this time, might have known that defending a newbie townie would make it look like scum defending scum (I believe Johnny is smart enough to not make such a blatant scum-defending-scum if Karu actually was scum), making Karu look even more suspicious, if also at the expense of making Johnny himself look more suspicious as well, but gaining him some town cred when Karu is lynched and actually does flip town. Would take a lot of complex thinking, but I believe Johnny has the potential to come up with a strategy like that.

Certainly not my intention. I'm merely trying to give my level of suspicion on you. I believe you're most likely town and I believe Moonstone is scum who's using something as ordinary as a wording mistake from a new player to condemn them.
This was in response to Karu's post above (the one I quoted). Not much to be said here except doing what anybody would and defending himself with fairly sound reasoning.

This doesn't sit right with me. It feels like you're trying to brush off the fact that you pushed for Doc's lynch by offering yourself to be investigated almost. You really had no reason to point out your own innocence after Doc's death since the suspicion on you wasn't that strong.
This was in response to Moonstone randomly saying that she looked more suspicious because of Doc's death but that she is town. It would be hypocritical of me to say anything about this post really since I said something similar in response to the same post.

I've been feeling the same way. I would be willing to put some pressure on him as insurance. In fact...

Vote: @Toxic_Snowman
Now this is where it gets interesting, because I pointed out earlier that it looked like Johnny was trying to avoid leading a lynch on a townie (Moonstone) since he knew it would put him under scrutiny. So what's the significance of his vote on Toxic? Well, he was the first one to vote for Toxic, which Moonstone soon followed him on. Well if he's suspicious of Moonstone, then why didn't he vote for her all this time? Well, I said above that I had a theory regarding his vote on Toxic, and it's simply that both of them are scum, and Johnny is trying to lead a lynch on a scumbud to give himself a bit of town cred. Toxic, being inactive, can't defend himself much, so it would be a pretty easy way to get Johnny some town points. This is also the first time he mentions being suspicious of Toxic, which lends itself to the theory that they're both scum.

On the other hand, I can also see Johnny being scum but Toxic being town. As an inactive, Toxic is a relatively safe lynch compared to Moonstone, who is extremely active, and it would therefore be much easier for Johnny to fight his way out of suspicion if Toxic was lynched and flipped town than if Moonstone was lynched and flipped town. Regardless of what the scenario is, I find it strange that Johnny didn't really mention being suspicious of Toxic before and then suddenly comes in and votes for him for pressure.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if Toxic is scum, then Johnny probably is too, but the reverse is not necessarily true.

Vote: Extension

I think that's been why there's been inactivity. I want to see some more responses before my vote is set in stone.
Not much to say about this. Could be either a town move, or a crafty mafia move.
Different scenario though. Moonstone has had many suspicions throughout this game, and can't seem to settle on just one. You, on the other hand, have been going after Moonstone since early on in Day 2 and it seems like she's been your main suspicion for a while, yet you refrain from voting.

Did you get what you needed out of your vote on Toxic? You seem unsure yet you keep your vote on him, when it's clear Moonstone is your biggest suspicion.

I considered voting for Toxic, but after reviewing both of their posts, I'm more inclined to vote for Johnny. Like I said above, I think if Toxic flips scum then Johnny most likely is as well, but if Johnny flips scum then the same is not necessarily true for Toxic. That, combined with the fact that I think active and manipulative scum is more dangerous to us than inactive scum, also that there's much more to be found in Johnny's posts than Toxic's, I personally feel more inclined to vote for Johnny than for Toxic, though I do fully support any votes for the latter. I'd be ok with either of them really.

I think, if Toxic gets lynched, then Johnny would be a good vig target regardless of Toxic's flip. If Johnny gets lynched and flips scum, then Toxic would be a good vig target, but if Johnny flips town, there's probably a fairly good chance Toxic is too.

So with all that being said,

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

I'm sorry, Tristan. :oops: The more I think about it, I don't even recall who gave me the shield to begin with if it wasn't just kokirion doing the passing around!
When in doubt, blame Koki. Always blame Koki. Hell I'd probably be voting for him rn if he was playing :P

Lo, I will bargain on this move I am about to do:

I am very intrigued by this vote and eagerly await The Explanation™.

Although I'm not going to question this vote. DekuNut is suspicious to me by default in practically every game lol, I think it's just the way he plays.

As for my vote on Mido

Unvote

Honestly, the only reason I believe Moonstone is town is because she's been so active and helpful throughout this game, and has been playing somewhat more aggressively than what I'd expect from scum. If it weren't for that, the fact that she keeps emphasizing that she is town would be enough to make me believe otherwise. I get why you're voting for her, but I'll just say I disagree with it.

Also, regarding Karu, I still think she's town as well. Her play has been improving throughout the course of the game, and she's been getting townier as the days go by.

As for people like Mido and Libk, I'm still neutral on them. While I think it's pretty likely that Johnny is scum and there's a good chance Toxic is as well, assuming there is more than two scum, I'd guess that the third lies within the crowd of Libk, Mido, and DekuNut, although I'm neutral on all three of them so I can't say which would be more likely.

Oh wait, also Vergo. I totally forgot he was even playing lmao. Neutral on him with a slight (very slight) town lean.

Mido

Version 1
I am very intrigued by this vote and eagerly await The Explanation™.

Well, here goes: the long-awaited, but not necessarily anticipated "The Explanation™."

Before I get into the details, here's a reminder of my thoughts on him early Day 2 when Storm asked me about him:

Regarding DekuNut, I tend to have a scum lean on him from the start, which is not good practice for conducting any sort of read as a general thing (I sort of do the same thing with Vergo in mafia games, except as town, but as I said before, it's not very good practice). His serious play has only begun to show in recent posts given the longevity of the RVS this time around, and at first impressions, it doesn't seem he has taken any definite stances yet in spite of his activity level. His read of Moonstone, while I agree with it, appears to be what could become the consensus read at this time. This could be a slight case of confirmation bias holding me down at the moment, so I look forward to see more of his reads. I feel a touch similar about Libk, but much less so.

This has sort of been the theme linking my view together. Gives me a stark reminder of his play in Overwatch, where he was active and made insightful comments about the circumstances in the game, but remained sly enough to not necessarily commit to any moves, particularly in the voting. I get the same feeling here. His reads; however, I do agree with for the most part, but it does bring me back to the one on which I commented. His read of Moonstone I suspected to become a consensus read among all of us given that I also read her similarly around that time. The overthinker in me wonders whether their common town read of each other, which seems relatively strong, is a more subtle effort to keep themselves alive if they were to be aligned? This ultimately brings me to a larger problem that isn't necessarily exclusive to this scenario.

It seems that the overall player-base has been relatively non-committal on votes, myself included. I can absolutely understand why given that times have been busy these days; and those dastardly mafia members are reveling in our business! :eek: This has ultimately given the mafia an edge in stoppering the presence of hard evidence on a certain level which was demonstrated with Minish_Link's death.

Right now, I'm pondering alternatives, and am especially puzzled over Minish_Link's death scenario, which has led me to consider reconsidering my stances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom