• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Tristan made a joke vote against Pendio, but he's hugely against No Lynches Day 1! As long as he's not the one who actually makes the vote and gets the scrutiny. Anyone play any other games with Tristan in both mafia and town role to give some further insight?
I mean, he was town in Smash Mafia 2 and had no Day 1 votes. He also had both normal votes and joke votes on Day 1 in Ouran High School Host Club during Day One. As Town in Smallest ZD Mafia he actually suggested ending the day with an RVS. So he's been all over the board. And I don't remember the last time he was scum actually...
I personally don't see that as scummy, but you do have some logic there, so I'll provide the insight you asked for so you can do whatever.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 3 Current Vote Tally:
Toxic_Snowman - 2 (Johnny Sooshi, Moonstone)

Not voting: Libk, DekuNut, Mido, Tristan, karu, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go

With 9 players alive it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, December 10th 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Thanks @DekuNut so it might just be hoe he plays. Still seems scummy to me. Hopefully we can get more people talking because I feel likes it's pretty much just the two of us today with some sprinkles from others.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hey all, at work so I can't get a detailed word in right now. I'm pretty disappointed in Doc's flip since it makes me look scummy. That's what I get for trying I guess. I am town and I'm not sure what other than my scum hunting attempts will make you all think otherwise. I think I've been very fair in all my attempts too.
Johnny quoted this post too, but honestly, I disliked this post the first time I saw it. You've been pretty high on my town list pretty much all game, but this post really stands out to me. You had no real reason to say this, since nobody had even brought up the fact that you got Doc lynched. Considering the vote was tied all around anyway, I don't think anybody would have really brought it up, or if they did it wouldn't have meant much. This reminds of me someone, I think it was Alit, in TF2 mafia saying they were fine with being investigated, completely out of the blue, because he knew that the cop couldn't investigate that night and wouldn't survive to the night when he could be investigated. I know the circumstance is different, but I can't help but be reminded of that post. Just seems out of the blue to me. You're talking as if people are already accusing you. No real reason for a townie to talk this way. You're still leaning town to me for the most part, but I'm gonna keep an eye on you.
I've re-read some of Libk's posts, he's still pretty close to middle for me. He has been asking questions and pointing fingers at people who are pretty low on my likely to be town list (Toxic Snowman) and the pointed fingers haven't been to redirect attention away from himself.

However, I think pointing out karu for saying mafia in one of her posts on page 13, which was the only way I noticed her slip, has me wondering if he is mafia and trying to turn things on townie karu subtly.

Alternately he could be town pointing out a Freudian slip and using every small detail to his advantage to find scum.

To me, the two are interchangeable between 50-55%. I hope today is active and with more votes because, honestly, the lack of votes really makes it hard to find solid evidence, at least in my opinion. Which is why I'd rather vote and be wrong than not vote at all, because at least this way people can scrutinize the way I'm voting and come up with an opinion of me.
This is an interesting find for sure. Not too sure what to make of it for now. Libk is neutral in my books, but perhaps there really is more than meets the eye. I'll take another look at his posts and see if anything else stands out.
Tristan made a joke vote against Pendio, but he's hugely against No Lynches Day 1! As long as he's not the one who actually makes the vote and gets the scrutiny. Anyone play any other games with Tristan in both mafia and town role to give some further insight?
I am against no lynches. However, I also don't like participating in Day 1 lynches for the most part unless I see some real good reason to vote for that person (with some exceptions, like in some games where I've been pro-RVS, it's somewhat situation-dependent). I like to let Day 1 play out, and if there's a lynch going on then great, if not then I'll probably cast a vote just to ensure one will happen, but that's not always necessary.
I mean, he was town in Smash Mafia 2 and had no Day 1 votes. He also had both normal votes and joke votes on Day 1 in Ouran High School Host Club during Day One. As Town in Smallest ZD Mafia he actually suggested ending the day with an RVS. So he's been all over the board. And I don't remember the last time he was scum actually...
I personally don't see that as scummy, but you do have some logic there, so I'll provide the insight you asked for so you can do whatever.
If you want an example of my scum game, check out Wizard 101 Mafia. That's the most recent one that I can think of. Keep in mind, though, that I was a replacement, so you'll have to jump ahead to like Day 2 or 3 (can't remember exactly).

I agree with you guys on Toxic btw. I'd be inclined to vote for him, but I'd like to give him a chance to get a word in first. I might iso him later if I have time, along with Libk and maybe Johnny. Don't expect many (if any) posts from me though between now and tomorrow afternoon because I have a lot of stuff to do tonight and a final first thing in the morning. Just thought I should pop in and say some stuff.

Moonstone

@Tristan to be honest I keep brining it up because I want to point out my own flaws before Johnny, who I think is scum, can. I'd rather turn what I perceive to be blunders into armor that will be harder to use against me.

Moonstone

EBWODP : For anyone who didn't get the armor reference, Tyrion Lannister. I know it's the wrong show but I haven't seen Sherlock so it's the best I can do.

Anyway, I want to see what people think about this. There is no question that I'm the most active player this game and that most people are leaning town for me (which is true in this game anyway). My suspicions on Johnny are that he is scum because he is trying to go after me, but subtly, not voting for me but trying to plant mistrust so nearing the end game when mafia have a more clear advantage to turn the town against me. However, I was also wondering if mafia might be part of the people who are calling me town in order to blend in. In this case, would that make Johnny more town aligned?

I'm honestly not sure, but I do sort of think maybe just maybe that's the case. And if that's true I'll have to readjust my list. However, there's a little thought in my head that I'm right about Johnny and my first scenario is more likely.

Thoughts?

Moonstone

Vote : Extension.

With everyone wrapping up finals I think it would be nice to get some time to talk when they aren't stressing over school.

Mido

Version 1
Vote: Extension

Agreed on that matter, but onto Tristan. I have a slight town read for him right now, mainly because of his early lightheartedness. Looking back to games like Wizard 101 and Lucid Dream, Tristan as Mafia seemed to be a bit more "in your face" and dangerously proactive. The former of the games I mentioned had him nearly spearheading the lynches of his teammates who were under heavy scrutiny. He seems more laid back this game, which bodes somewhat well for my read on him.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

Agreed on that matter, but onto Tristan. I have a slight town read for him right now, mainly because of his early lightheartedness. Looking back to games like Wizard 101 and Lucid Dream, Tristan as Mafia seemed to be a bit more "in your face" and dangerously proactive. The former of the games I mentioned had him nearly spearheading the lynches of his teammates who were under heavy scrutiny. He seems more laid back this game, which bodes somewhat well for my read on him.
Well, technically I was the SK in Lucid Dream, and I would've won the whole game singlehandedly if it hadn't been for a certain infamous pathblocker preventing a potentially game-ending night kill from occurring :bubsy:
Anyway, I want to see what people think about this. There is no question that I'm the most active player this game and that most people are leaning town for me (which is true in this game anyway). My suspicions on Johnny are that he is scum because he is trying to go after me, but subtly, not voting for me but trying to plant mistrust so nearing the end game when mafia have a more clear advantage to turn the town against me. However, I was also wondering if mafia might be part of the people who are calling me town in order to blend in. In this case, would that make Johnny more town aligned?

I'm honestly not sure, but I do sort of think maybe just maybe that's the case. And if that's true I'll have to readjust my list. However, there's a little thought in my head that I'm right about Johnny and my first scenario is more likely.

Thoughts?
I took a look back at Johnny's posts, and I noticed exactly what you said in here. It's a common scum tactic to push suspicion onto somebody but intentionally refrain from voting just so they're not the first person on a potential townie wagon (in an attempt to ensure that they don't get blamed for leading a town lynch). I see it happen a lot, hell I've done it several times myself. For this reason alone, I'm inclined to agree with you on Johnny. It's clear that he's really suspicious of you, so why not vote? Especially since you've responded to him a few times and he's still not convinced. Does seem like he's hoping someone else will lead the lynch.

Anyway, I'm gonna hop on and
as well. I have a final in the morning and another one on Monday, so it'll be nice to have the weekend available for us when there's more time for most people to play. I'd also like to give Johnny a bit more time to talk, but I'd be inclined to vote for him if we can't get an extension for some reason or another.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
And I believe that's the five for maj on Extension?
Also, finished finals today, but it's also almost midnight, so I'll start being useful again tomorrow.

Moonstone

Sorry for keeping this one brief but I'm having a hard time getting back to sleep without getting this one in just because Pendio hasn't confirmed an extension. I'll have a more comprehensive post when I actually wake up tomorrow.

I find it very interesting that karu has stopped playing the game again.

IIRC she's still "pushing" for Mido. Could he be mafia and this was an elaborate plan to make karu look more town when he flips mafia? Might be hard to coordinate with a newbie, but also an ingenious way to keep her active enough to avoid suspicion while also providing evidence to clear her if we did lynch Mido and he flips scum.

In either case, Johnny is still suspicious to me. His vote for extension is a townish move but he's experienced enough to know that.

If he's mafia that would make me less suspicious of Toxic but I don't know if changing my vote would even matter yet.

Plus Toxic still isn't exactly in the clear with me either, but with as much inactivity on the town side as there has been, it's definitely possible he is just inactive town.

Pen

The game is on!
The day will be extended by 48 hours and is now to end on Monday, December 12th 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Day 3 Current Vote Tally:
Toxic_Snowman - 2 (Johnny Sooshi, Moonstone)

Not voting: Libk, DekuNut, Mido, Tristan, karu, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go

With 9 players alive it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Monday, December 12th 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom