• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Alrighty, I'm home and can give a little more meat to my post this time. I'm going to go over the list and give my thoughts on everybody.

Moonstone - Me, town 100% likely, but of course I would say this.

Mido - leaning town. Someone pointed out it would be a weird move for scum to lynch the only person who voted with them. Plus he's been pretty active and helpful, even if he does turn his attention to me sometimes, I get it. Townies don't know who other townies are so of course they might be against each other sometimes. I'm feeling about 80% towards town.

Dekunut - again leaning town. He's also been very active and I've been feeling good about him all game. I guess I would put him at around 70% because there simply isn't very much evidence either way, but I do appreciate his participation.

Tristan - also fairly active. Slight town lead. About 60% to me, especially if he did have a chatroom with Storm due to his role. I doubt a mafia member would be allowed to choose another person to talk to as part of their role, but I could definitely be wrong. Still, I think it's more likely that he's town or at worst 3rd party if he did get to chat with Storm. If he had the ability to choose one person to talk to, I would not be surprised if he chose Storm considering they have a history.

karu - has recently gotten quite active especially now that she's talked to Pendio and gotten some pointers. Plus not knowing the 3rd party and bringing it up seems a little more townie to me. But she could be getting pointers from scum buds as well when they are active. I'm still leaning slightly town, probably about 55% likely town.

Libk - has been a little active but not much. 50%

Toxic Snowman - not very active, hasn't really posted anything of substance or made any strong moves. 45%

Ver-go-a-go-go - Similar to Johnny (below) but with less posts to analyze. I don't understand why he wouldn't vote towards his suspicions unless he knew that Doc was really town, but unless he starts making some town plays like I know he can do, I'm pretty suspicious of him. 40%

Johnny Sooshi - While I appreciate that he was trying to put some pressure on me, I have to wonder why he didn't vote for me if he thinks I'm so suspicious, especially so close to the end of the day. I found it quite suspicious and if the day hadn't ended before I could get a word in, I would've dared him to vote for me and see what he said. Of course, that's because I think he's likely mafia and if he is mafia he knows I'm either town or 3rd party, likely town due to my activity and scum hunting, and knows that my flip will draw suspicion. 30%

I want to see what everyone thinks of my list before placing my vote, but as it is I'm probably going to vote for Johnny.

I also want to add that the doctor probably knows who the mafia attacked last night so I think we'll start seeing more townies come together. I also want to add that while I do think the poisoner is probably mafia aligned or 3rd party, IIRC in Pokescum I was a town aligned poisoner so it can happen. I doubt that the poisoner this time town but it could happen and of course it was awhile ago and I can't really remember.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/pokéscum-mafia-the-first-generation.49879/page-55

Tristan, you were the mod for that game, do you remember and would you mind reminding me whether I was town aligned or 3rd party poisoner? I know I wasn't mafia aligned.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm 90% sure the chat Storm mentioned was the Skype mafia chat. Everything he said lines up with it. I'll guess that the two don't have an out-of-game chat about this game, so let's not judge anything based on that unless Tristan confirms connected roles of some sort, in which case take a close look with a critical eye at that claim.
Also, I doubt that of all people to choose Tristan would choose Storm, since yes, while they do have a history, that history isn't exactly of being close friends. I'd expect him to choose someone like... I dunno, Mido.
Moving on:

I've been liking Tristan this game. His read of Karu comes from a good base, so especailly if Kar turns up scum Tristan is probably town.
Moony also has yet to let me down. She's been active and pushing discussion, and none of that discussion comes from a place that makes it look like purposeful misdirection. Despite our reads differing in some cases, she seems town enough to me.

I need to reread (which will probably happen after my last final, on Thursday) before I go for anyone, but I don't necessarily hate your scumreads at this point. Right now I'd be most likely to go for the Birthday Boy, but I'll hold off on my vote for now.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@Moonstone one other problem I have with your reads... it seems to be mostly (with a few exceptions) based on activity. Is this because you haven't seen any other reasons for most of these people? I mean for all you know I could just be very active scum trying to hide in the light of day. You don't actually have a ton of reasons for my townread.
Also, look at your read of Libk. He hasn't been that active you say, yet Tristan, who has 25% fewer posts than him, is a townread. There is content in (some) of Libk's posts (his last 5-6 are the most useful), so maybe take another swing through there and see if you can come up with anything more about him?

Moonstone

@DekuNut, that is a good point. I haven't really re-read again recently and when I did I was focusing on others than Libk, and my focus on Tristan was because of the discussion that was already happening around him today and him and Storm being on the vote early together and Storm's flip of 3rd party which I assumed made Tristan look better. I was actually just now checking back on Storm's post about Tristan in the skype discussion, but I have to say I'm a bit confused because I never really did mafia in Skype, or I did just barely. I would guess if you think they're referring to the mafia Skype chat it would be when the mafia teams are switching out? Honestly I'm not sure and I hope someone comes in with more clarification. I definitely saw it as a sort of modified mason role.

I have some time to reread eveything now and will pay more attention to Libk this time around.

If you are scum Deku then I have to say you successfully have me fooled. I really don't think you're scum hiding in the light of day.

Moonstone

I've re-read some of Libk's posts, he's still pretty close to middle for me. He has been asking questions and pointing fingers at people who are pretty low on my likely to be town list (Toxic Snowman) and the pointed fingers haven't been to redirect attention away from himself.

However, I think pointing out karu for saying mafia in one of her posts on page 13, which was the only way I noticed her slip, has me wondering if he is mafia and trying to turn things on townie karu subtly.

Also, careful. I think you meant town, unless you are contributing to mafia.

Alternately he could be town pointing out a Freudian slip and using every small detail to his advantage to find scum.

To me, the two are interchangeable between 50-55%. I hope today is active and with more votes because, honestly, the lack of votes really makes it hard to find solid evidence, at least in my opinion. Which is why I'd rather vote and be wrong than not vote at all, because at least this way people can scrutinize the way I'm voting and come up with an opinion of me.

Moonstone

EBWOTP I forgot to put EBWODP above but it looks like we don't have the merging problem anymore thank goodness.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Yeah, merging's gone, EBWOP is useless
Anyways, the skype group I'm referring to is just a general community chat hub for ZD Mafia people. We're not allowed to talk about running games in there, but we talk about offsite games we're spectating, finished games, and really whatever.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hey all, at work so I can't get a detailed word in right now. I'm pretty disappointed in Doc's flip since it makes me look scummy. That's what I get for trying I guess. I am town and I'm not sure what other than my scum hunting attempts will make you all think otherwise. I think I've been very fair in all my attempts too.

Btw does this seem like a vigilante kill to anyone? And if so, does that mean the mafia didn't get a kill? I think I smell a doctor.

This doesn't sit right with me. It feels like you're trying to brush off the fact that you pushed for Doc's lynch by offering yourself to be investigated almost. You really had no reason to point out your own innocence after Doc's death since the suspicion on you wasn't that strong.

1. Toxic_Snowman
With the exception of Vergo, Toxic has the least amount of posts among the living players. Browsing through his posts, it seems all but this one were fluff:

He basically just comments on the night scene and target after a couple of others did the same. This sort of thing can be a very discreet measure in terms of appearing to contribute without too much substance. What worries me more is that this was his last post, and not only that, I'm sad because I asked him a few questions along the way and none have been answered! :( Toxic_Snowman has generally been a cautious player in the past, but as far as his town game goes, he maintains said cautiousness while also keeping a certain skepticism about him and he contributes well in this regard (see Mafia Revival for instance). His behavior in this game is tinged with discreetness, which puts me on edge. I'd wager him among the scum, if not just an inactive town player.

I've been feeling the same way. I would be willing to put some pressure on him as insurance. In fact...

Vote: @Toxic_Snowman

Alrighty, I'm home and can give a little more meat to my post this time. I'm going to go over the list and give my thoughts on everybody.

Moonstone - Me, town 100% likely, but of course I would say this.

Mido - leaning town. Someone pointed out it would be a weird move for scum to lynch the only person who voted with them. Plus he's been pretty active and helpful, even if he does turn his attention to me sometimes, I get it. Townies don't know who other townies are so of course they might be against each other sometimes. I'm feeling about 80% towards town.

Dekunut - again leaning town. He's also been very active and I've been feeling good about him all game. I guess I would put him at around 70% because there simply isn't very much evidence either way, but I do appreciate his participation.

Tristan - also fairly active. Slight town lead. About 60% to me, especially if he did have a chatroom with Storm due to his role. I doubt a mafia member would be allowed to choose another person to talk to as part of their role, but I could definitely be wrong. Still, I think it's more likely that he's town or at worst 3rd party if he did get to chat with Storm. If he had the ability to choose one person to talk to, I would not be surprised if he chose Storm considering they have a history.

karu - has recently gotten quite active especially now that she's talked to Pendio and gotten some pointers. Plus not knowing the 3rd party and bringing it up seems a little more townie to me. But she could be getting pointers from scum buds as well when they are active. I'm still leaning slightly town, probably about 55% likely town.

Libk - has been a little active but not much. 50%

Toxic Snowman - not very active, hasn't really posted anything of substance or made any strong moves. 45%

Ver-go-a-go-go - Similar to Johnny (below) but with less posts to analyze. I don't understand why he wouldn't vote towards his suspicions unless he knew that Doc was really town, but unless he starts making some town plays like I know he can do, I'm pretty suspicious of him. 40%

Johnny Sooshi - While I appreciate that he was trying to put some pressure on me, I have to wonder why he didn't vote for me if he thinks I'm so suspicious, especially so close to the end of the day. I found it quite suspicious and if the day hadn't ended before I could get a word in, I would've dared him to vote for me and see what he said. Of course, that's because I think he's likely mafia and if he is mafia he knows I'm either town or 3rd party, likely town due to my activity and scum hunting, and knows that my flip will draw suspicion. 30%

I want to see what everyone thinks of my list before placing my vote, but as it is I'm probably going to vote for Johnny.

The problem with these reads is that you based most on activity. Additionally, as I stated before, at the point when I might have actually voted for you, the day was over. No point in voting during twilight when they don't count. Currently have my vote on Toxic to get some activity out of him to determine if he's town or scum, but you're still relatively large on my radar.

I also want to add that the doctor probably knows who the mafia attacked last night so I think we'll start seeing more townies come together. I also want to add that while I do think the poisoner is probably mafia aligned or 3rd party, IIRC in Pokescum I was a town aligned poisoner so it can happen. I doubt that the poisoner this time town but it could happen and of course it was awhile ago and I can't really remember.

This is a good point though. Or doctor may be inclined to try to protect the same person, or someone completely different. I think given that we know there's a poisoner, if they're mafia aligned they may try abusing the ability, but they may not. Generally speaking, poison is risky for scum because it forces them to delay kills. They'd have to poison someone every night to get an advantage, and it still may be risky, so they're not likely to do it.

I'm gonna try to ISO tonight if I can. My finals are almost done which will give me some free time.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Hipefully, as long as I don't pass out when I get home from work, I'll be able to look more into Toxic, Mido, and Moonstone. They're the top on my list at the moment. But I've been working 10+ hour days 6 days a week. So I may pass out. I'll get to them soon.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 3 Current Vote Tally:
Toxic_Snowman - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)

Not voting: Moonstone, Libk, DekuNut, Mido, Tristan, karu, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go

With 9 players alive it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, December 10th 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Moonstone

This doesn't sit right with me. It feels like you're trying to brush off the fact that you pushed for Doc's lynch by offering yourself to be investigated almost. You really had no reason to point out your own innocence after Doc's death since the suspicion on you wasn't that strong.

Well considering your little back and forth yesterday I did feel the need to defend myself. In fact if I hadn't, I think you would've tried to spin it the other way that I pushed for the lynch on an "easy" what we now know is townie. So it's nice to hear from others who I'm leaning town for agreeing that the lynch for Doc was not completely from their minds. Your flip flopping about my voting styles is quite interesting.

I've been feeling the same way. I would be willing to put some pressure on him as insurance. In fact...

Vote: @Toxic_Snowman

I'm surprised we found something to agree on. I was hoping I would be the first to post again when I woke up this morning so I'm sort of disappointed you're the one leading the vote and not me.

But I agree, it's time to be aggressive and see how people defend themselves against votes. We haven't had enough of that this game.

Vote: Toxic_Snowman

For the record, I'm not voting Toxic because of Johnny. In fact I still think Johnny is most likely scum of everyone. But I think Deku is likely town and I think the townies need to come together and start trusting one another and our night powers.

Moonstone

EBWODP

I have a lot going on with school and stuff, so even though I was reading, I was just gonna let the day play out. When the day started getting serious, I wasn't really around, so I wasn't super involved in the goings on. I am hugely against No Lynches on Day 1, but I don't usually participate in Day 1 lynches unless there's a serious basis for suspicion on them, or I just want that player out of the game for one reason or another. I had no reason to cast a serious vote, thus I didn't. I actually would've removed my vote on Pendio, but I hadn't even looked at the thread before Twilight occurred after my last post, more than a day prior.

First off, sorry about the inactivity. Pokemon+FFXV+finals = little drive for mafia.

Seems like a typical early-mafia kill to me, targeting a player that more than likely won't be the recipient of protection. The fact that a more established player wasn't axed off immediately does point towards certain players meta that I've gotten to know from either being mafia with them, or reading the chat logs post-game. It's nothing concrete, but I've definitely noticed a pattern in games.

Indication of a very passive mafia that will probably err on the inactive side. It's common for scum to avoid extreme RVSing in order to prevent themselves from being put in the spotlight. Players hovering around the 3rd-4th vote on an early bandwagon are usually worth looking into, especially if they've contributed next to nothing prior to the vote. Not having that means I'm most suspicious of the less proactive players in this game.

I just went though again and noticed these little nuggets of hypocrisy that I thought were interesting.

Tristan made a joke vote against Pendio, but he's hugely against No Lynches Day 1! As long as he's not the one who actually makes the vote and gets the scrutiny. Anyone play any other games with Tristan in both mafia and town role to give some further insight?

And Vergo goes on about how he's looking into those who are not-proactive... when he has been one of the less proactive the whole game. He had one or two good posts, sure, but even then he's not proactive enough to place a vote and give us solid evidence of his alliance. IMO just posting isn't enough, I want to know where your opinions lie with votes.

Tristan has definitely lost some town percentage in my eyes but I would like to see what Toxic Snowman has to say about the votes that are on him before I change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom