• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Also, careful. I think you meant town, unless you are contributing to mafia.

What exactly do you mean by 'keeping an eye on me'?

To me this could either be 1) my recent activity and contributions to the mafia could mean that I'm showing promising results in Mafia in general and 2) I could prove somewhat trouble some to the scum and that would imply that your alliance lies with the mafia

Freudian slip perhaps? I'm interested to see where she takes this.

karu

Panamaniac
Also, careful. I think you meant town, unless you are contributing to mafia.
I did not mean that I am Mafia, I mean general games of mafia and not just Sherlock mafia. That is the correct term right? you know how there's RP's and all

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Freudian slip perhaps? I'm interested to see where she takes this.

4D CHESS!

Nah, Karu's posts seem like just little wording mistakes than actual newbie scum mistakes. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm pretty sure Karu is town.

I want to give the guy some time to say something at the very least, plus I've already been upfront about how my suspicions aren't based in evidence because... he doesn't post enough to even have evidence. Every time he's done this during games we've played together, he's been scum.

And I wanted to see what other people had to say about it. Will seal the deal in a little bit if Doc doesn't reply.

That's a fair assessment.

karu

Panamaniac
You seem to be rather defensive of her.
Defensive, yes, but let's keep in mind that you also defended my actions with the 'noob' excuse. They are wording mistakes; Mafia is the name of the game, and I meant to use the name and not the group

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I did not mean that I am Mafia, I mean general games of mafia and not just Sherlock mafia. That is the correct term right? you know how there's RP's and all
I'm not quite understanding this. Your contributions to mafia sounds like you are saying you are mafia. Again I think you meant your contributions to town. Or do you just mean contributions to the game in general? And what do you mean by the bolder part?

karu

Panamaniac
I'm not quite understanding this. Your contributions to mafia sounds like you are saying you are mafia. Again I think you meant your contributions to town. Or do you just mean contributions to the game in general? And what do you mean by the bolder part?
I mean the game in general Libk, and in the bolder part I meant that people refer to role play as RP; it's name given to the actual game, just like Mafia is the name of the game we are playing

Moonstone

Here is my thought process:

I'm already leaning that karu is newbie mafia. The way she played in the beginning had me leaning that way and her sudden jump in really hasn't changed my opinion. I'm heavily leaning that Mido is town at this point. She has been going after him relentlessly when she has been posting today despite a complete lack of evidence towards him. Johnny was even willing to hold me as a suspect if we lynched Mido and he flipped town. I think Mido also noticed a connection between the two as well. That would make him a prime lynch target for the mafia - since I think he's town, his flip would (at least in Johnny's reasoning) make me a perfect target for tomorrow's lynch. Plus, it would kill a townie who is suspecting their alliance. A win-win to the mafia.

Plus now they're defending each other? I defended karu despite what I consider scummy for now to give her a chance to practice and now that she's kind of talking our mostly inactive Johnny is rushing to her rescue? In addition to that he won't place a vote which is pretty much all the town has to work with when hunting scum. At least in my opinion. It's much harder to decipher 7 non-voters than the few who do actually vote. That's pretty much what happened on D1. We were too spread out and random. We need to have some decisive action in order to really get the evidence we need to oust the mafia.

Moonstone

EBWODP : I have to add that my suspicions on both karu and Johnny haven't waned, but I do think that Doc is connected to them, too. He hasn't posted and as soon as Vergo and I bring him up, karu and Johnny swoop in to try to stir the air. I kinda feel like we've found our mafia. But perhaps it's just the crazy Santa hat that I'll be wearing momentarily.

karu

Panamaniac
Here is my thought process:

I'm already leaning that karu is newbie mafia. The way she played in the beginning had me leaning that way and her sudden jump in really hasn't changed my opinion. I'm heavily leaning that Mido is town at this point. She has been going after him relentlessly when she has been posting today despite a complete lack of evidence towards him. Johnny was even willing to hold me as a suspect if we lynched Mido and he flipped town. I think Mido also noticed a connection between the two as well. That would make him a prime lynch target for the mafia - since I think he's town, his flip would (at least in Johnny's reasoning) make me a perfect target for tomorrow's lynch. Plus, it would kill a townie who is suspecting their alliance. A win-win to the mafia.

Plus now they're defending each other? I defended karu despite what I consider scummy for now to give her a chance to practice and now that she's kind of talking our mostly inactive Johnny is rushing to her rescue? In addition to that he won't place a vote which is pretty much all the town has to work with when hunting scum. At least in my opinion. It's much harder to decipher 7 non-voters than the few who do actually vote. That's pretty much what happened on D1. We were too spread out and random. We need to have some decisive action in order to really get the evidence we need to oust the mafia.
I respect that you don't trust me, after all no one can be trusted in a game of Mafia. But reasons as to why I'm being way more active than day one is cause you scolded me to lol, kinda of like a mom and us hispanic kids must nevah ignore our mothers. That and I didn't have to go to school for the past 2 days yay!

I do have my suspicions on other people though, just right now I target Mido cause for me, I can't go accusing even 2 people at a time cause then I'll get confused. I don't expect you to 'back off' on me though, that's perfectly normal, and I appreciate that you defend me for me to get more practice which I am doing right now, activeness and all.

My vote is still on Mido though, won't back down on my suspicions. Though I'll give him a break for now and chase after my other suspects.

Moonstone

Fair enough. I have to keep in mind that you won't necessarily play like me. I was over enthusiastic as a newbie and made myself appear scummy many times when I was actually town. I hope that I can see what your other suspicions are before this day is over.

karu

Panamaniac
My other suspicion lies on Johnny actually, this is more a theory though. Minish_Link was a nightkill, and guess who voted for Johnny though it was in day 1? Minish did, again it's just a theory....A GAME THEORY, thanks for reading XD.

But in all seriousness, Johnny, as Moonstone mentioned, is defending me after he being inactive for a while. This would make it seem as if, me being the newbie, we were both mafia; since I already have a lot of people being suspicious of me, this would raise more suspicion on me and some on him but not as much as I would already have making it an easy kill for the Mafia.

Defending me even if I am a newbie, at this point in the game, would raise a lot of suspicion towards the person defending me and myself, and make it seem as if it was mafia defending mafia; the end results would be more votes on me and a lynching. So I'm on to you Johnny boy, Johnny Test, Johnny John John, her's Johnny, other media references with the name Johnny; Johnny Cena!!!!

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
You seem to be rather defensive of her.

Defending someone I believe to be town is scummy?

I was also, and still am, willing to hold Mido suspect if you die with him on the wagon.

I'm not sure where she actually was defending me, maybe you could point that out. She already had me suspected just under her vote on Mido.

Also, I've seen these types of plays before. You're expecting my reasoning to work similar to yours so that I can place a vote. However we're not always going to play the same. At the point that I was able to be a bit more active this week, the day was almost over (we are in twilight at this point), and I didn't have a clear enough suspicion. I'm not going to throw out a wild and baseless vote. Also, these kinds of "rally" plays are primarily done by mafia trying to get the town to back them in their votes. Subtle plays aimed at taking out the town.

My other suspicion lies on Johnny actually, this is more a theory though. Minish_Link was a nightkill, and guess who voted for Johnny though it was in day 1? Minish did, again it's just a theory....A GAME THEORY, thanks for reading XD.

But that sort of reasoning wouldn't make sense. From what I got of last night's NK, mafia tried to distance themselves from the kill as much as possible. So to assume I am scum and that I went for someone because of an RV wouldn't be that logical.

But in all seriousness, Johnny, as Moonstone mentioned, is defending me after he being inactive for a while. This would make it seem as if, me being the newbie, we were both mafia; since I already have a lot of people being suspicious of me, this would raise more suspicion on me and some on him but not as much as I would already have making it an easy kill for the Mafia.

Certainly not my intention. I'm merely trying to give my level of suspicion on you. I believe you're most likely town and I believe Moonstone is scum who's using something as ordinary as a wording mistake from a new player to condemn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom