• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, sorry about the inactivity. Pokemon+FFXV+finals = little drive for mafia.

Interesting choice of Nightkill. I didn't see anything that stood out about Minish that may make her seem like a threat, but that could be why the mafia decided to kill her, to throw us off. Aside from her, the only other person that voted for Din was Mido, but I don't see that as a suspicious move because by the time the day was over, it was the best move to make.

Seems like a typical early-mafia kill to me, targeting a player that more than likely won't be the recipient of protection. The fact that a more established player wasn't axed off immediately does point towards certain players meta that I've gotten to know from either being mafia with them, or reading the chat logs post-game. It's nothing concrete, but I've definitely noticed a pattern in games.

One thing that bugged me a bit about yesterday's lynch is that I personally expected more players to jump on such a lynch given the easy opportunity. It would have made for an easy lynch for the Mafia to secure of any of the members jumped on the wagon; however, it seems none did. I have to give it to the scum team this round; that was a good move. What do the rest of you think about this phenomenon?

Indication of a very passive mafia that will probably err on the inactive side. It's common for scum to avoid extreme RVSing in order to prevent themselves from being put in the spotlight. Players hovering around the 3rd-4th vote on an early bandwagon are usually worth looking into, especially if they've contributed next to nothing prior to the vote. Not having that means I'm most suspicious of the less proactive players in this game.

@Ver-go-a-go-go [If I could edit, i'd say VerGAGG but still] How do you feel about Doc or Toxic Snowman?

Doc is an interesting specimen. The two games I've played with him, he's been scum and laid super low, a meta much in line with how the game has played out so far. It's more just his playstyle from what I'm able to gather, which is a problematic one to begin with on top of my prior experiences. I don't have an opinion on Toxic at the momet.

If Mido is actually innocent do you plan to hold it against me no matter what or are you still open minded? I think I've been very fair in my assessment of him. To be fair, his activity is a little suspicious.

This is an interesting reply that I think merits keeping in mind for the future. I do appreciate your activity so far, Moonstone.

Regarding DekuNut, I tend to have a scum lean on him from the start, which is not good practice for conducting any sort of read as a general thing (I sort of do the same thing with Vergo in mafia games, except as town, but as I said before, it's not very good practice).

Hah, I have a scum lean on you like every game. I've been paranoid ever since your survival performance in that Majora's Mask game all those years ago.

Mido was feeling a little pressure there early in the RVS day, I can tell looking back. It's not fun getting your head chopped off day one, so I can't really blame him turning the discussion towards true scum hunting. I think evaluating that with the context of the other Mido post I quoted above does make his actions appear problematic. I do, however, remember thinking the exact same thing back in Avengers and really regretting it later. I don't think he's an ideal lynch candidate for today.

karu is tricky, because new players are by far the hardest to read and their actions don't always indicate one thing or another due to inexperience. I always lean on giving them the benefit of the doubt earlier on in the game, although other players like Go_Dark_Link have definitely proven this to be a mistake in the past. Still, day two is too early to lynch them now, I think.

Everything I've seen so far is pointing me towards a vote for Doc, because I feel like I've already done this dance before and it never changes.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Umm... VerGAGG, i dont mean to be nitpicky, but i dont think your post said that before. You didnt Modedit, did you?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I have work so I probably won't get another word in for this day.

I was already happy to lynch Doc. As I said before I've played with him once while he was town and he was much more active than he is this game, and Vergo saying he's played games where Doc was scum and inactive only gives me more reason to suspect him. Plus it will be nice to get to keep my word about karu since she did come back and give us her thoughts like I asked and it will give her at least another day to practice playing.

Unvote

Vote : Doc

I do think what Storm said was interesting, too. I'm also keeping in mind that Vergo could be mafia and that he's making an easy target out of Doc since Doc is also inactive, or if they're both mafia throwing his bud under the bus. I guess we'll just have to see.

Pen

The game is on!
Day ends in 7 hours! ;)

Day 2 Current Vote Tally:

karu - 1 (Storm)
Mido - 1 (karu)
Doc - 1 (Moonstone)

Not voting - Libk, DekuNut, Mido, Johnny Sooshi, Tristan, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go, Doc

With 11 players alive it takes 6 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, December 1st 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Sorry about not posting much. I've been zeroing in on finals and nothing else this week, and it'll probably be the same this weekend and the first two days of next week. But I'll contribute as much as I can.

I'm not completely convinced on lynching Doc. It does fit him M.O. as scum, but we did give others a shot at coming in to post. A push like this from Vergo and a quick flip by Moonstone (even if it's because of a promise made to Karu) feels like a subtle scum push to take down easy town. IGMEOY both

I'm not voting because I can't focus in enough right now to think through who I want. If I can manage to do that later then I'll try to vote before the deadline.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Sorry about not posting much. I've been zeroing in on finals and nothing else this week, and it'll probably be the same this weekend and the first two days of next week. But I'll contribute as much as I can.

I'm not completely convinced on lynching Doc. It does fit him M.O. as scum, but we did give others a shot at coming in to post. A push like this from Vergo and a quick flip by Moonstone (even if it's because of a promise made to Karu) feels like a subtle scum push to take down easy town. IGMEOY both

I'm not voting because I can't focus in enough right now to think through who I want. If I can manage to do that later then I'll try to vote before the deadline.

I appreciate your thoughts but when you get a chance to go through everything you'll see I've been leaning that Doc is scum since day 1 and was tossing up between voting him, karu, and vergo. Vergo's comment on Doc's inactive playstyle as mafia and my experience with Doc as an active town was enough for me to make the switch. Again, it also allows me to keep my word to karu, who I still think can be newbie scum but at least if we lynch Doc who I also think is scum it gives newbie karu a bit more practice.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I appreciate your thoughts but when you get a chance to go through everything you'll see I've been leaning that Doc is scum since day 1 and was tossing up between voting him, karu, and vergo. Vergo's comment on Doc's inactive playstyle as mafia and my experience with Doc as an active town was enough for me to make the switch. Again, it also allows me to keep my word to karu, who I still think can be newbie scum but at least if we lynch Doc who I also think is scum it gives newbie karu a bit more practice.

Taking a look back through, you're right, I was mistaken. However, I'm still not less inclined to suspect you, nor will I be voting for Doc. We have about an hour left, I'm kinda hoping a few more like @Toxic_Snowman and @Doc will post.
Also @Ver-go-a-go-go , if you suspect Doc, and feel he's scum, why not vote him?

karu

Panamaniac
One thing that bugged me a bit about yesterday's lynch is that I personally expected more players to jump on such a lynch given the easy opportunity. It would have made for an easy lynch for the Mafia to secure of any of the members jumped on the wagon; however, it seems none did. I have to give it to the scum team this round; that was a good move. What do the rest of you think about this phenomenon?
After reading through the thread, again, this raises my suspicions on Mido being Mafia. It would make sense for a townie to out right say, "...I personally expected more players to jump on such a lynch given the easy opportunity." This sounds like Mafia trying to bribe townies into voting for another townie, though due to Din's inactivity I guess it would make for a cover up.

Also, "It would have made for an easy lynch for the mafia to secure of any of the members jumped on the wagon; however, it seems none did." This makes it seem as if Mido knew who the Mafia were, suspicion intensifies.

And the last part were he congratulates the mafia could either be 1) he thinks it's a smart move and respects their intelligence or 2) he's just claiming out loud that's he's with Mafia, but then again that wouldn't make sense unless he's trying to make himself too suspicious so that townies think he's a townie making it a perfect move for a Mafia member. It's like a freaking paradox!!!

My vote's still on Mido

Also @Ver-go-a-go-go , if you suspect Doc, and feel he's scum, why not vote him?

I want to give the guy some time to say something at the very least, plus I've already been upfront about how my suspicions aren't based in evidence because... he doesn't post enough to even have evidence. Every time he's done this during games we've played together, he's been scum.

And I wanted to see what other people had to say about it. Will seal the deal in a little bit if Doc doesn't reply.

After reading through the thread, again, this raises my suspicions on Mido being Mafia. It would make sense for a townie to out right say, "...I personally expected more players to jump on such a lynch given the easy opportunity." This sounds like Mafia trying to bribe townies into voting for another townie, though due to Din's inactivity I guess it would make for a cover up.

I'm glad that post stuck out to you as well, karu. It's a sign that you'll be good at this game (unless you're not a newbie at all and I've missed something lol). I'm not willing to vote for Mido today because I've been burnt so many times by letting my paranoia with him influence my votes, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

Umm... VerGAGG, i dont mean to be nitpicky, but i dont think your post said that before. You didnt Modedit, did you?

I'm slightly surprised that my devotion to the integrity of the game is being questioned, but I'm more interested in what you think I may have changed. Either way I can assure you that no edit occurred.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Thank you for responding, Tristan. And it's also nice to see you more active over the past few pages. Toxic's further inactivity is rather troubling to me, especially since day is basically over at this point. I also agree with the reasoning for a Doc lynch, but want to hear from him first. Karu is showing some promise so keeping an eye on Karu is a good idea too. Especially since that last post seemed far less newbie like

karu

Panamaniac
Thank you for responding, Tristan. And it's also nice to see you more active over the past few pages. Toxic's further inactivity is rather troubling to me, especially since day is basically over at this point. I also agree with the reasoning for a Doc lynch, but want to hear from him first. Karu is showing some promise so keeping an eye on Karu is a good idea too. Especially since that last post seemed far less newbie like
What exactly do you mean by 'keeping an eye on me'?

To me this could either be 1) my recent activity and contributions to the mafia could mean that I'm showing promising results in Mafia in general and 2) I could prove somewhat trouble some to the scum and that would imply that your alliance lies with the mafia

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I mean that your day 1 posting and your day 2 posting are different. Where day one you seemed to be feeling the game out and such, today you're lot more like an experienced play than a newer player.

It could mean you are just showing great promise as a mafia player in general. It doesn't make me suspicious of you, just want to keep an eye on you. I've seen the newbie card played by mafia teams before and I've seen it win games for mafia. I myself used it in a game on another site and made it into the last few days because of it. So, you're someome to watch out for. Vergo said it better than me.

karu is tricky, because new players are by far the hardest to read and their actions don't always indicate one thing or another due to inexperience. I always lean on giving them the benefit of the doubt earlier on in the game, although other players like Go_Dark_Link have definitely proven this to be a mistake in the past. Still, day two is too early to lynch them now, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom