• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sherlock Holmes

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
God, I've been obsessed with Sherlock Holmes lately. The books are really a great read, and I'd highly recommend them.

The novels and short stories of Sherlock Holmes never ceases to amaze me. Sherlock Holmes can use deductive reasoning to not only solve crimes, but to tell things about people. Such as what their trade is, to what side of the cab they sat on coming to him. Holmes's skills of deduction may seem far-fetched, but when he explains his methods, it's actually realistic.

So, does anybody share my love for the superb sleuth?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I watched many classical Sherlock Holmes episodes on TV and I only watched the pilot of the TV show with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. But Sherlock Holmes is really really great. Moriarty should appear more though

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I've seen both Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock, who did a superb role at delivering the role. The writers did an excellent job of presenting Holmes' skill of deduction, and often made it seem that he could foretell events in the future before they happened. This really was him using pure logic to plan ahead, and the audience gets to see his contrivances in action. As much as I love those movies, though, they do really strange things to my mind if I watch them in a row. xD

Hope to see a third Sherlock film on the way soon.

I've seen the BBC modern Sherlock (w/ Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman). It's my favorite interpretation of the title character, since it focuses a lot more on Sherlock's wits and downplays the action (always felt like Robert Downey Jr. was more about action). They also did a good job making it modern but keeping the particular atmosphere. And there's more SherlockxWatson innuendo stuff idk lol xD

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I recently got into Sherlock (the new one on BBC) and I have to say I LOVE Cumberbatch and Freeman so far.

I've also seen several of the old films, but it has been a few years since then.

I've also seen the first one featuring Robert Downey Jr., and I like the Steampunk-ness of it, but prefer the modern one on BBC.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Love love love SH. I adore Moriarty in the modern BBC show, Robert Downey Jr. is amazing because he's Robert Downey Jr., and I'm reading the books. (my friend bought them all in one giant book, and we're sharing it. It's pretty good.)

I also love saying Sherlock's actor's name in the modern BBC. Just say it. Out loud. Benedict Cumberbatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom