• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sheik's "Back off Link" Quote

So in the Official Nintendo Strategy Guide for OoT from back in the day there is an image of Sheik and Link during the cinematic where Kakariko is burning. It's right before Bongo Bongo breaks out of the well. In this image the text box reads "Back Off Link". Yet in every version of the game I've played this dialogue reads "Get back, Link". Was this in a beta version or a demo? Where did this image come from?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Could have just been an early translation. If it was a strategy guide that coincided with the game's release, they might have been given an early version and early notes to work with. Stuff could have changed.

Hmmm. Makes sense. That picture just bugged the crap out of me for the past 22 years, and besides the photo in the guide I haven't been able to find or see any evidence of it anywhere else. Even on them there interwebs.

It was likely a translation early on just for a screenshot, since producing the book would take time. Clearly, whoever translated that didn't understand the hostile connotation it would have.

Right? It always seemed very aggressive every time I read it. Makes me wonder what other differences there are in various player's guides, etc across all the different games. Here's the image in question...IMG_2686.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom