• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sheikah's Curse (futuristic, playable Zelda, Lorule traveling)

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Borderline_xe.pngIntoxicate_1 (kopia).jpgGangly.pngSheikah_000 (kopia).pngItox_11 (kopia).jpgIntoxitcate_2.png
Hello beautiful people! I think I’m ready to show a fan game that I’ve been working on since I registered here and some of us started to talk about a futuristic blade runner-style Zelda drenched in delicious neon. I was like ”this NEEDS to happen!”. Sheikah’s Curse details the defeat of Calaminty Ganon 10.000 before BotW, when the Sheikah was at the height of their civilization. You play as Zelda as she tries to awaken her power in order to remain victorious, but she can only do so with the aid of another girl from Lorule, a certain Hilda, in order to succeed. (I know it’s a bit jarring to mash these two ideas together but it’s a fan game after all. :) )
Game is being developed for Windows. (I've only been working on it for like 4 weeks so this is WAY early in development, so still don't really know about releases and stuff)
Rated: PG.

This is not a mod or a hack. Everything you see has been made from scratch, either by me or by artists from the unity asset store. Additional creator's credits goes to At the Gates for Hilda's shirt and Takari games for Zelda's guitar.

Last edited:
Nifty work for such an early build. Loving all of the colours and I want to see that 10,000 years ago advanced Hyrule so bad.
This might be the closest I get to ever seeing it so i cant wait to see how this project goes.

Though if you do ever plan to release it Nintendo will come down on you pretty quick if it gains traction.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Worked a little on the overworld environments today! I made an area that's supposed to look like the Wii u screenshot because I was bummed it wasn't in the game, and I really wanted to walk around there.

that's as close as I can get, unfortunately. I know the tree in the middle looks mega out of place. For some reason the lighting around that area always bugs off

There's an ufo in the sky! The ufos serve the same function as the dragons in BotW - they descend from time to time to some eerie music and attack you and if you shoot them, you get some loot. The game overall is very inspired by the concept art that they showed at the GDC conference. Google it if you haven't seen it. Cool stuff.

Also, regarding releases and stuff. I honestly just want to make this for all of you. I don't really want it to gain more attention than here on ZD. So I still don't know about playability and stuff. Maybe just stick to upload gameplay videos! I'm not sure. Stuff like this is always tricky.

is Z the red head??

Yes she is :D (And the blue hair is Hilda) .. futuristic Zelda calls for an angsty teen emo design I think

Worked a little on the overworld environments today! I made an area that's supposed to look like the Wii u screenshot because I was bummed it wasn't in the game, and I really wanted to walk around there.

View attachment 39444

View attachment 39448

that's as close as I can get, unfortunately. I know the tree in the middle looks mega out of place. For some reason the lighting around that area always bugs off

There's an ufo in the sky! The ufos serve the same function as the dragons in BotW - they descend from time to time to some eerie music and attack you and if you shoot them, you get some loot. The game overall is very inspired by the concept art that they showed at the GDC conference. Google it if you haven't seen it. Cool stuff.

Also, regarding releases and stuff. I honestly just want to make this for all of you. I don't really want it to gain more attention than here on ZD. So I still don't know about playability and stuff. Maybe just stick to upload gameplay videos! I'm not sure. Stuff like this is always tricky.

Yes she is :D (And the blue hair is Hilda) .. futuristic Zelda calls for an angsty teen emo design I think

Thats really well done :)

I'm very impressed with this, you've done some good work. How are the two overworked designs gonna blend in the end? Obviously there's the futuristic neon stuff, is that going to be part of the same time as your recreation of the BotW screenshots?

Also, you should totally put voice acting in it and have some ZDers be the voices ;)

Timeshift stones

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Hello y’all. Been a while since update. I burned myself hard getting that early build ready so had to take a couple of weeks off from the project…

Yesterday I started on Link’s design a bit. This is screenshoted directly from the editor so it's not as high quality as the above screenshots. Hope it looks okay so far. Nailing the cel-shading is ridiculously hard. The shadow work especially is giving me major anxiety. But I'm doing my best !!

Pose

I also uploaded the idea for the logo in the main post so take a look at that. I think the next thing will be gifs of gameplay. If I can get the ball rolling, I'll be manage to post some gifs of the gameplay I've made so far.

I've managed to build a very (very) simple version of BotW's chemistry engine. I got fire and lightning to work, as well as water.

Wow, these screenshots are dope! Keep us updated!

Thank youu <33

Also actually @Spirit is right on the money! I intend to make a simple Timeshift-esque mechanic to have one travel between past and future :)

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I want to see how this looks completed! It looks good so far.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Oh no it's just me being colorblind. I can't make skin tone. It always turns out green. I really can't see a skin tone to save my life.

Copy and paste from his cheeks to correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom