• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Well, if the Twili are the original Sheikah, then likely they are all of the Sheikah. Comparisons of Impa from SS with every Impa to appear elsewhere shows the only commonality in physical traits is the red eyes, and even that doesn't appear in all incarnations.

I postulated elsewhere that the original Sheikah are extinct and that the ones in later games in the timeline are magical alterations of Hylians based on Impa herself. If that is the case, then it means that not only were the actions against the original Sheikah covered up, but the name itself was co-opted for a new group to further limit any investigation.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I do enjoy this theory, but I would like to add that Majora(and by extension the tribe) probably isn’t from hyrule. Yes skull kid took the mask while he was in the lost woods which is in hyrule, but HMS never states where he obtains it. Since there is depictions of Majoras Mask literally everywhere in Termina , it’s pretty safe to assume that the mask and therefore the tribe are from there too.

That being said, assuming your theory is correct would completely invalidate mine unless I make one single change: instead of the sheikah and twili being one and the same, what if they were allies sometime after the events of SS but long before the events of OoT, created the fused shadows together, and then when war broke out they were split down the middle. Remember the games never explain why the war before OoT happens. All we know was that it was a civil war.

Anyway it’s like 11:30 when I’m writing this so I’m tired and I probably left some stuff out. Thank you for coming to my T.E.D. Talk.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I guess they could be all the Sheikah and Impa just takes the name of the race,
but looks change with climate and time, so the changes could be natural. As I stated in the thread, nothing is saying that the Sheikah can’t have other eye colors.

Hylians didn't change over that span of time. Neither did Gorons or humans. Only the Sheikah did, and it was a change in every physical trait except the eyes.

I don’t know what you said before, so I can’t understand the context. It would be highly unlikely if the Sheikah went extinct right after Skyward Sword and so early in the Timeline. We see a lot left behind from them in early games, if this happened.
I guess if my idea is right, and Impa isn’t an actual Sheikah, we can technically say that the Sheikah are extinct by the time of Twilight Princess, because they turned into a whole new race with only similarities of the original Sheikah being left.

I mentioned it in this post. And, given the differences in Impa between SS and OoT, I am pretty certain the SS Sheikah are gone by OoT.

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
Midna's mask has the sheikah eye without a tear drop. Sheik explains in the Ocarina of Time Manga that the Sheikah symbol was only the eye before the Hyrulean civil war. When a Sheikah betrayed the royal family, the tear drop was added to the symbol.
The Twili and Sheikahs probably have some connection.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
There’s a couple of problems with Majora being from Termina. None of the inhabitants of Termina recognize the Mask and they blame everything on Skull Kid. The only ones who know of it’s true nature is Happy Mask Salesman, Link, the fairies and Skull Kid. Majora’s symbol does appear on certain blocks, but they added that in the 3DS remake, they’re also meant to stop Link, so I guess he could have created them. The boss transporter in the dungeons resemble the mask, but it’s used for the bosses who work for him, as seen in his boss battle. I assumed that the mask was created during the war because it would be left in Hyrule for the Happy Mask Salesman to find, since the Happy Mask Salesman doesn’t have the Triforce he couldn’t withstand the Twilight and couldn’t enter the Twilight Realm to receive it. There’s a possibility that the Mask was created in the Twilight Realm and left through the Mirror if my assumption of him being a demon is correct. The only reason the Twili couldn’t leave through the Mirror is because they couldn’t live without the Twilight and enter into Hyrule’s light. Zant could only leave it because of the Triforce power Ganondorf gave him and Midna only left when everything was covered in Twilight. Midna, just like Zant, could stay in Hyrule’s light after Zelda gave her the Triforce.

I guess they could be allies, but that doesn’t explain who’s on the other side of the battle, the Sheikah were protectors of the Hyrulian Royal Family, so it couldn’t be them unless they were traitors like in my theory. This takes place before Ganondorf’s birth, so I don’t see why the Gerudo would be hostile, that’s assuming they existed at this point. The Gorons’ always seem peaceful and the Zora are always on good terms and are allies of the Hyrulians, as seen in OoT. I guess that could have happened because the war has ended, but they don’t seem to have bad blood with Hyrule. The Minish could have existed during this time ,but they always helped Hyrule and the size comparison doesn’t work.

The Twili could be some Hyrulians instead of Sheikah that turned against their kind, but that wouldn’t explain all the similarities with the Sheikah.

I guess they could be all the Sheikah and Impa just takes the name of the race,
but looks change with climate and time, so the changes could be natural. As I stated in the thread, nothing is saying that the Sheikah can’t have other eye colors.

I don’t know what you said before, so I can’t understand the context. It would be highly unlikely if the Sheikah went extinct right after Skyward Sword and so early in the Timeline. We see a lot left behind from them in early games, if this happened.
I guess if my idea is right, and Impa isn’t an actual Sheikah, we can technically say that the Sheikah are extinct by the time of Twilight Princess, because they turned into a whole new race with only similarities of the original Sheikah being left.

I believe a few of the NPCs recognized the mask, though I could be wrong about that. The n64 version also had the mask on blocks. I really doubt that Majora would create elaborate warp panels for something as simple as warping to the boss room. Even though it’s not canon, the MM manga depicts Majora as a man eating beast that roamed Termina until defeated by the fierce deity. Once again I know this isn’t canon but it makes me think that Majora was meant to be from Termina.

I meant the twili and sheikah were allies before the war, and turned on each other after the fused shadows were created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom