• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sheikah Stone: Thankful or Exasperated?

Braivety

FPT | Breb
As soon as I saw I was like, oh cool! I love the Sheikah Stone! But im never gonna use it. But then I got to a certain dungeon and I was like, crap. And I ended up using it. I also used it to find sum extra stuff.

These games are intended for a wide audience ranging from kids to veteran gamers. I love how they have chosen to make this help optional so the veteran gamers can ignore it while still remaining inclusive for those who need the help. It's not all about me!

I didn't use them and forgot about the Shiekah stone pretty soon after seeing it. It didn't bother me at all. It reminded me of the Shiekah stones Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and made me feel a bit nostalgic. The stones are nothing to get too aggravated about though.

i choose to ignore it . just doing what it showed would have made the game too easy. im old fashioned in the way that i have try and figure out things on my own

I think they are completely useless. nobody in my house that plays this game uses it. I can easily also say that no one else uses them that much.

It was too terse, blunt, succinct, concise with what you had to do. If I designed it I would take out the CPU, add a sheikah-ish filter emphasizing a certain something but not literally showing you what to do because that, to me, took away the mysteryness, puzzleness, think-outside-the-box that the better Zelda games forced on you (I.e. Mm, Ww, Oot, etc.)

I hate superguides, so I tried to figure it out on my own. I liked getting rewards from Sheikah stones but that's about it.

Big Octo

=^)
I am not very fond at all with anything like the Sheikah Stone. Games today are way too easy, in that games are pumped with excess tutorial that's blatantly obvious. Also, implementing an in-game walk-through defeats the purpose of the whole game. How are you supposed to have fun and overcome trials if the game tells you how?

Furthermore, I felt that even without the stone, SS was still quite easy. There were few actual puzzles, and I refer to most of the content in the dungeons as "roadblocks," as they're not difficult to overcome and quite obvious. Then we have Fi spurting out the obvious left and right. Can this game get anymore easy?

I remember a time when playing a game, there were no walk-throughs or tutorials, one had to learn from experience and observing their enemies, as well as solve puzzles with only their own brain. Sadly, this is absent from what we have today.

i completely forgot about that stone 5 minutes after it poppud up XD

i rather run around lost for days than using hints, because i think that is the fun of zelda games.

I don't even think I ever talked to that Sheikah Stone once. (Not including the time you are forced to talk to it in the beginning of the game.) I don't mind the Super Guide for players who actually need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom